Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How many people had their Bypass done robitically ?

Purely asking out of curiousity, but how many people had their Gastric Bypass done with the Da Vinci robot ?

And did you care about having it done robtically, or did that make no difference to you as a patient ?

My SIPS DS was done with robotic assistance. I had to sign all these consent forms to have it down with and/or without robotics depending on when we got in there. I didn't even think about whether or not it mattered at the time.

Band to SIPS/SA-DI/LOOP DS 8.8.17
HT: 5'6ish HW: 242 SW: 226 CW: 210 GW: Healthy

Had mine's done about 4 weeks ago and it was all robotic. Didn't have to sign any forms or anything because the surgeon had told me in advance that this was his way of doing surgery. I have had robotics twice ( sleeve and now bypass) and from my personal experience i do feel and see a difference. Robotics is more of an assurance that what the surgeon is doing is basically perfection. Had bypass done august 1st and i am all healed up and all my incisions are fully closed. I truly recommend anyone to make use of robotics as it makes a difference.

15 hours ago, gomezk2 said:

Had mine's done about 4 weeks ago and it was all robotic. Didn't have to sign any forms or anything because the surgeon had told me in advance that this was his way of doing surgery. I have had robotics twice ( sleeve and now bypass) and from my personal experience i do feel and see a difference. Robotics is more of an assurance that what the surgeon is doing is basically perfection. Had bypass done august 1st and i am all healed up and all my incisions are fully closed. I truly recommend anyone to make use of robotics as it makes a difference.

Where did they do a robotic sleeve?

Robotic bypasses I know are fairly common because surgeons enjoy the precision when suturing the anastamosis. But for a sleeve it makes very little sense, since there's no critical suturing involved and the da Vinci doesn't make 60mm staples for the robot

Where did they do a robotic sleeve?
Robotic bypasses I know are fairly common because surgeons enjoy the precision when suturing the anastamosis. But for a sleeve it makes very little sense, since there's no critical suturing involved and the da Vinci doesn't make 60mm staples for the robot

In Houston, TX... Robotics is a standard form of performing bariatric procedures. Along with robotics they also perform single incision procedure thru the belly button.

I just had my RNYGB done 8/24 and my surgeon used the DaVinci robot. I was excited to have it done this way and more at ease. I've seen a couple surgeries performed using the DaVinci and the precision is outstanding. So far I'm doing well and my incisions look great!

HW 280
CW 267
SW 274 (8/24/17)
GW 150

Purely asking out of curiousity, but how many people had their Gastric Bypass done with the Da Vinci robot ?
And did you care about having it done robtically, or did that make no difference to you as a patient ?

My surgeon uses robotics.

Had mine completed on 9/13, did not have to sign any release forms. I found out about the robotics the next day. I had the Sx at 2pm, was in my room at 4:30 pm and was walking the halls at 9pm. Was discharged at 9am the next morning. I dont know if the robotics helped, but I was impressed with my recovery time.