Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Couch to 5K - Week of 14 ? 20 October

Trystelle - glad the glutes are feeling better today !! :heh:

JM - only thing that's really sore with me are my poor feet and a tad on my knees ... not too bad.

i had a half hour session with my trainer this morning. i just was NOT motivated to do anything and did a half-assed job ... i need to get it together!!!

grrrrrr...

tomorrow is another running day. i love those days, they're a quick 30 mins in and out. my bodybugg logged 14 cals a minute yesterday while i was running. it has never hit that high!! wooo hoo

losing, it doesn't matter whether you are motivated or not, you showed up! That's what counts the most. Can't wait for tomorrow, and I can't believe I'm saying that!

losinjusme- you have totally motivated me to start back up my running program. I was doing it and got to where I had to run 8 minutes *UGGGH* and then my knee started to bother me so in the time that it took for my knee to start to feel better well I think its been about 2 months now that I have not run at all. Shame on me. But now you make me want to start it up again and see what I can do! I think I may have pushed my speed to much thining it would be easier to run if I had the treadmill faster. I think this time around I will try it slower and see how that does. thanks for the motivation.... I needed it!

I just did my second of the first week program. This time I went the other way around the loop in the park which turned out easier (uphill in the beggining and downhill at the end). I felt ok once i got started. Took my dog with me and she liked it but kept stopping to go to the bathroom! Got to figure out how to handle that better - she needs to get with the program!

ok thanks too JM's input i started the Couch to 5k this week! My Ymca has the best treadmills. I was worried if you look at my weight but i actually managed it. Got my heart rate to 145 at one point. Did my usual 50 min swim afterwards. But for those considering it and there high weight i had not too bad of a problem. Gosh i bet i havnt ran for like 10 years!!!!

Major NSV for me. All thanks to JMCambras encouragement!!!

I'm postponing workout #2 till tomorrow because my hips are KILLING me today...super sore!

I know we are supposed to skip a day, but I did the week one run again yesterday. I am really enjoying it. Don't think I will today though, because of commitment during the daylight! Glad to hear you are all enjoying this. Thanks so much to JLM for getting us all started.

Hey guys, I did my 3rd run today. It went good, I actually wanted to keep running when he said it was time to walk. I'm so proud of myself not only for doing the first week but also for getting over my fear of running on the treadmill!! It turns out that I don't go flying off the end. :)

Daddy- Thats such a great NSV, one I think we can all share.

cambra- hopefully your hips will feel better soon. Do you have good shoes?

trystelle- I know I don't want to skip days either, but I'm trying to start slow and stick with the program because I don't want to overwork myself at the start. I am thinking of running every other day rather than 3x a week thou. What do you think?

Karen G- no port pain here, the only pain that i had today was that my pants kept sliping down! Not much of a pain but it sure was annoying.

JS- I'm sure you will be able to get back in the swing of things in no time at all.

Losing- good job with your 2nd day... but what are you doing on this website while your at work j/k:p

I know we are supposed to skip a day, but I did the week one run again yesterday. I am really enjoying it. Don't think I will today though, because of commitment during the daylight! Glad to hear you are all enjoying this. Thanks so much to JLM for getting us all started.

Yeah I feel the same way but I agree with Ariel lets try and take a day off in between so that we are more likely to stick with it. It is nice to have something to look forward to that is so healthy right?

I have to confess that I went again today before I read your posts. You are right-can't tell I have an addictive personality!!!!!

It feels so great to be able to run. I can really feel how much lighter I am when I am running. Sometimes it hard to get used to, but I really feel I am thinner when I am running.

I think the every other day would be fine. I am going to try to wait until Friday. Maybe I will go to a yoga class tomorrow night, since I skipped Sunday due to my sore glutes.:rolleyes:

Hey Ariel...thanks. I do have 2 good pairs of running shoes, 1 pair is about 6 months old, but I rarely used them up until a couple months ago, so I'm thinking that maybe after christmas I'll have to invest in another pair of running sneaks. I have another pair that I use more often, mostly for spin which has kind of ruined the soles so I'd rather not use them to run, especially outdoors.

I actually went running today, even though I said I was in too much pain (soreness) to run again. It was actually whosyadaddy who motivated me. He said I was encouraging him, but I read my post over again later on and I thought, I may as well just go for a walk with the doggy, loosen everything up. I felt like a whiner saying that I was too sore to work out, especially since I took about a week off this month already!

Last minute I changed to leaving doggy home, and just doing workout 2 of my couch to 5k. I figured, I'll have the ipod on me, and if its too difficult, and I'm too sore, then I'll stop and have a nice walk. Well, I actually did it. Well, I had to skip two 60 second runs because the area I live in is quite hilly and I was uphill most of the way (going downhill felt really good though) and I'm not the most fit, but I feel good now. I actually did it. And I'm sure I'll be in pain tomorrow! I know I'm going to have to do week 1 for at least 2 weeks, if not three, but I love the feeling when I'm done with it. And I noticed yesterday, after only 1 run (walking with a tiny bit of slow jogging) I had so much more wind in spin class. I was totally not as gasping for air as I usually am.

Ok, so if I ever whine again, remind me to read this thread, and talk to whosyadaddy!!!!!!

Thanks!

JMCambra-- hey im so glad i could motivate you!!! I wasnt even trying. I sure know you have motivated me enough times in the past!! You go girl!!!!Im proud of you!!!I always keep an eye on what your up to.

I did week 1 workout 2 this morning. Not to bad. Got really sweaty which is a good thing. Took a 25 min swim afterwards..would of liked to swim more but had to be at work.

Legs are a little sore but nothing too bad, skin is a tiny bit tender on the inside of legs where the ol nuggets were slapping around---ouch.

Tomorrow i will lift weights and swim again and do another run on Sat or Sun.

Again---- GO JM!!!:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

I am so excited to find out about this. I was just thinking about a goal I've always had and that was to be a 'jogger'. But everytime I would try I would get exhausted and afraid I'd hurt my knees or something. This program is very attainable. I'M IN!!! And I just got an email at work that they are getting a team together for a corporate race on Dec. 2! I'm doing it even if I have to walk it! Thanks for this post. Jeanie:bounce: