Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

When does the light shine

Wow I had my surgery same day and I have been eating scrambled eggs , cottage cheese, Beans, soft fruit, tuna, salmon with no problems ! I start mechanical foods Tuesday. I can almost drink normal too. Weird how everyones bodies are so different. Flip side is I have only lost 4 lbs since surgery. I get around 600 a day thinking I may be able to get them up to 800 this week .

When did you have your surgery? Sleeve or Bypass?

Sent from my SM-G925I using BariatricPal mobile app

Try a stool softner. I struggled with bowel movements. Surgeon had me start taking them 2 weeks post-op. Once i started eating solid food the problem went away. It gets better.

Oh my word! I can only imagine what you're going through. I wasn't able to drink any Protein Shakes. All of the sugar free stuff was really disgusting to me and couldn't even take my Vitamins. I was so tired and weak. My face I was scared to look in the mirror. My eyes were so dark and bagging up under. I talked to a friend that I met through YouTube. And she told me that she strained some chicken noodle Soup and drank the broth from that. I tried it after adding Water to it and it gave me Life. But for some reason anything that I ate I don't have the taste for it anymore. So I only did it that one time. I contacted my friend from Herbalife. I had been on the products before. She came and made me some shakes and it brought me back to life. I've been using it as my primary source of Protein. As for the bowel movements it's the worse. I have the sensation like I have to poop but only gas come out. I'm drinking a tea at night before bed. In the morning I have a movement. I'm really hoping things get better for you soon. And it will! It does get better, I promise!

Sent from my XT1585 using BariatricPal mobile app

Oh my word! I can only imagine what you're going through. I wasn't able to drink any Protein Shakes. All of the sugar free stuff was really disgusting to me and couldn't even take my Vitamins. I was so tired and weak. My face I was scared to look in the mirror. My eyes were so dark and bagging up under. I talked to a friend that I met through YouTube. And she told me that she strained some chicken noodle Soup and drank the broth from that. I tried it after adding Water to it and it gave me Life. But for some reason anything that I ate I don't have the taste for it anymore. So I only did it that one time. I contacted my friend from Herbalife. I had been on the products before. She came and made me some shakes and it brought me back to life. I've been using it as my primary source of Protein. As for the bowel movements it's the worse. I have the sensation like I have to poop but only gas come out. I'm drinking a tea at night before bed. In the morning I have a movement. I'm really hoping things get better for you soon. And it will! It does get better, I promise!

So what are the shakes called

Tiffani[emoji1528][emoji757]️[emoji175]

6 hours ago, Camry said:

When did you have your surgery? Sleeve or Bypass?

August 9th. Sleeve

Edited by Tracyringo22

So what are the shakes called

They are Protein Shakes. You have to make them yourself. They have different flavors.. it's worth the try. I've been on them since week 2, I'm 4months now

ONLY TWO MORE DAYS!! :D

You can do this, you are almost there!!

Herbalife and Premier Protein wouldn't have made it past my nutritionist's guidelines for the first 2 weeks post-op; too much carbohydrate, fat, and "stuff" (gums/thickeners/etc.) in them, but every Nut is different. All I can say is stick to what your nutritionist recommends, take your Vitamins, put your head in a good place, don't watch the food Network, change the channel when ads for Burger King come on, and find something ELSE to focus on other than head hunger and feeling crappy. You will feel better and stronger as your menu becomes more varied, and as you lose weight. It's been almost a year for me, yet almost every night when I lie in bed, I am amazed at the difference I feel in my body- my stronger muscles (that I can see and feel), my bones (who knew I had collarbones?), my overall health. Nothing is easy about this surgery, but the benefits are worth the struggle.

Edited by leebick

4 hours ago, Camry said:

Thank you for your response. I had the sleeve on August 9th as well. Are you on Vitamins yet? I am not.

Yes I am started on them 2 days after surgery. Flinstones chewable I take 2. Plus B12 twice weekly.

I got my head in the game by watching cooking shows and buying appliances to facilitate new recipes. I had to reevaluate my relationship with food. my wife made excellent broth, which was like heaven when I first sipped it. I would recommend getting a lot of that, plus power-aid to offset just Water. it'll get much better, esp. when you start fitting into different clothes and are able to add different things to your diet. I've realized that this is more psychological than physical. You have to get your head in the game. Once you're clear to exercise, focus on that seriously and try to have fun.

It definitely will get better, esp. when you focus on the future benefits. Stay strong!!!!

So these past two weeks have been a little rough for me. Wednesday the 23 will be two weeks post op and I'm just praying going on to week 3&4 it will get better with food. I been drinking Protein Shakes and I'm starting to think those are messing with my stomach and I need an alternative. Protein Powder is disgusting. I'm just so tried right now and I feel like crying and I need to see where the light is. I don't even care about the weight loss. I see my doctor on the 23rd but I'm over this right now. When does it start getting better?

Have you tried Protein Water.

Have you tried Protein Water.

I have to say I feel the same way. I was sleeved on 8/10/17 and have been trying to do this liquid diet. I am so over this! I am exhausted, I know I am not getting all my nutrients in, everything taste like prunes and I'm just over it. I have my follow up with my provider tomorrow and I am hoping to get started on my Vitamins and maybe start the puréed foods a little early.