Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am 3 months post mini gastric bypass. I have lost 30 lbs. everything was going great until about 3 weeks ago. I was constipated and had terrible cramping for 3days. The pain returned 6 days ago with a vengeance. In order to minimize the pain I am eating Tylenol 3 like candy. I have had an X-ray a ultrasound and aCT-Scan . They eliminated gallbladder issue and stones. I am waiting for my surgeon to review the CT-Scan as it was inconclusive as per doctor at hospital. This morning I have had diaheria and cramps are still unbelievably painful (child birth is less painful). Any thoughts

What seemed to help stop the cramping 3 weeks ago? You said you were constipated, and now you have diarrhea, so it sounds intestinal.

What have your bathroom habits been over the last month?

BAthroom habits have been normal up until 2 1/2 weeks ago. I hope to get an answer once my surgeon reviews the actual scan. Just wondering if anyone else has had similar issue

I have similar issues but mine is not related to this particular surgery. I have adhesions on my right side from a prior hysterectomy in 2007 and when they stick... lord it really does feel worse than child birth. It lasts for a week or so. Constipation is a trigger. I used to take Aleve and that would quickly take care of the pain, but now since we cannot have NSAIDS I have to take Tylenol as soon as I feel it coming on. The pain radiates down my right leg. I have had every single test and they all came up with nothing. Having another surgery to remove the adhesions is out of the question since it can create more and I refuse to take anything stronger than over the counter meds, so I just deal with the pain best I can until it passes and then I am all good again.

Edited by Aysla

Thank you for passing on this information. In theory it sounds that regular bm should avoid future cramps

How are you doing, any better?

I used to experience something similar many years ago (well before WLS) and it was due to endometriosis. I had surgery to remove adhesions on my intestines and took birth control pills continually, no placebo pills or periods, and that helped immensely. I thankfully no longer have this problem. Just brought this up in case your issue occurs around your cycle.

Edited by MarinaGirl