Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Mount Sinai Hospital, New York, Fidelis Medicaid the process?

Hello Everyone. First and foremost I just want to say I am so happy I found this website. I live in the Bronx, NY area and I am going to see Dr. Subhash Kini from Mount Sinai Hospital/St. Lukes. My first appointment with him will be the 23rd of August. I am excited and nervous because I really need this especially because I gained so much weight and don't know what to do anymore. I tried so many weight loss programs and yo-yo diets but no help. I mean I lost but gain back and double triple what I have lost. I feel lost. I feel depressed and most of the time is due to my weight. My social life well let's just say I don't have one not like I really did before due to the fact that I am a mother of three beautiful girls and a wife. So social life can't really hang out unless is at my house and really people just rather hangout at lounges and all but anyways my weight doesn't even let me want to hangout. My highest weight now is 254.8 lbs at 5'5" which brings me to a BMI of 42.5 Morbid Obesity. I can't breathe half the time, I have insomnia and I can't do half or more things that I normally would do. My health is going down the drain although I don't have HTN or Cholesterol or Diabetes which definitely runs in my family like mother, father, aunts, and uncles etc have it. I don't know if I suffer from sleep Apnea and I guess I'll find out because that will be one of the requirements. Talking about requirements whyyyyyyy. I have Fidelis Care NY Medicaid and they supposedly require 6 months weight management and x amount of exams ughhhh I guess I'll see what they say in the visit. So I feel like I have tried it all for 12 years and counting and nothing helps. I need that push that tool to help me finally lose all this excessive weight i have put on. I don't know if there are others who feel the same way but if you do I'm here. I hope to find friends here and to have some support because I honestly don't have one. My husband is not here or there. My only two friends do not agree but they don't get involve either but is not like i can talk to them about it. I try to have a few people to talk to but unless they are going through the same thing they really won't understand and really don't want to be talking about it. I am doing my research on the surgery through google, YouTube and other programs. I have done about 4 seminars.... I know........ Hope is not to much of me in one forum. I think I'm going to document my journey here and definitely thinking of YouTube. I'll keep you guys updated on that. Anyways enough of me anyone else here going through the same, going with the same doctor, hospital, from NY, no support system???

I'm also from the Bronx. I'm scheduled for surgery 09/08/17 at New York Presbyterian in Washington Heights. As far as support goes I have very little but I'm determined to make this tool work for me. You mentioned not having a social life, I have become the same way.

Sent from my LGMS210 using BariatricPal mobile app

Hello Everyone. First and foremost I just want to say I am so happy I found this website. I live in the Bronx, NY area and I am going to see Dr. Subhash Kini from Mount Sinai Hospital/St. Lukes. My first appointment with him will be the 23rd of August. I am excited and nervous because I really need this especially because I gained so much weight and don't know what to do anymore. I tried so many weight loss programs and yo-yo diets but no help. I mean I lost but gain back and double triple what I have lost. I feel lost. I feel depressed and most of the time is due to my weight. My social life well let's just say I don't have one not like I really did before due to the fact that I am a mother of three beautiful girls and a wife. So social life can't really hang out unless is at my house and really people just rather hangout at lounges and all but anyways my weight doesn't even let me want to hangout. My highest weight now is 254.8 lbs at 5'5" which brings me to a BMI of 42.5 Morbid Obesity. I can't breathe half the time, I have insomnia and I can't do half or more things that I normally would do. My health is going down the drain although I don't have HTN or Cholesterol or Diabetes which definitely runs in my family like mother, father, aunts, and uncles etc have it. I don't know if I suffer from sleep Apnea and I guess I'll find out because that will be one of the requirements. Talking about requirements whyyyyyyy. I have Fidelis Care NY Medicaid and they supposedly require 6 months weight management and x amount of exams ughhhh I guess I'll see what they say in the visit. So I feel like I have tried it all for 12 years and counting and nothing helps. I need that push that tool to help me finally lose all this excessive weight i have put on. I don't know if there are others who feel the same way but if you do I'm here. I hope to find friends here and to have some support because I honestly don't have one. My husband is not here or there. My only two friends do not agree but they don't get involve either but is not like i can talk to them about it. I try to have a few people to talk to but unless they are going through the same thing they really won't understand and really don't want to be talking about it. I am doing my research on the surgery through google, YouTube and other programs. I have done about 4 seminars.... I know........ Hope is not to much of me in one forum. I think I'm going to document my journey here and definitely thinking of YouTube. I'll keep you guys updated on that. Anyways enough of me anyone else here going through the same, going with the same doctor, hospital, from NY, no support system???

I'm from the bronx . Having my surgery at Mount Sinai Beth Israel hopefully in October

12 hours ago, LadyT17 said:

Just started my journey @ St Luke's

With what provider? How did it go?

11 hours ago, tceneils1 said:

I'm also from the Bronx. I'm scheduled for surgery 09/08/17 at New York Presbyterian in Washington Heights. As far as support goes I have very little but I'm determined to make this tool work for me. You mentioned not having a social life, I have become the same way.

Sent from my LGMS210 using BariatricPal mobile app

Yay.... I am so happy for you. Are they going to have you do the 2 week pre-op diet? I'm hearing that depending where you go and which doctor you see you get different instructions. Some people do 1,2 or even 3 pre-op fluild diet. OMG is right around the corner.... How has it been thus far?

7 hours ago, danybx said:

I'm from the bronx . Having my surgery at Mount Sinai Beth Israel hopefully in October

Yay they say time flies by so fast. I'll be praying for you. Did they send you approval already?

3 hours ago, painter88 said:

I also had my surgery in Mount Sinai. It's a chicken factory, but the doctor was great. Had Dr. Jacob.

SW:305
CW:212

Sleeved 01.30.17

Congrats..... that is an amazing drop!!! If you don't mind me asking why do you say that (chicken factory)?

2 minutes ago, LadyT17 said:

I have emblem, I'm seeing Dr Park, so far everything is going good with all these appointments

Do you have certain requirements you have to go through due to the doctor or insurance?

Yay.... I am so happy for you. Are they going to have you do the 2 week pre-op diet? I'm hearing that depending where you go and which doctor you see you get different instructions. Some people do 1,2 or even 3 pre-op fluild diet. OMG is right around the corner.... How has it been thus far?

T

Thanks! It was a long process for me because I missed 1 month of my 6 month weight ins and had to start it over twice but other than that all the other requirements were easy and quick. Yes, I do have to do 2 weeks liquid diet [emoji37] which I start on 08/25/17. I'm so nervous and I'm really questioning myself on my choice of surgery. In the beginning I chose gastric bypass but when I met with my surgeon I ended up choosing the sleeve but now I'm thinking should I have went with the gastric bypass. Ugh lol

T

Thanks! It was a long process for me because I missed 1 month of my 6 month weight ins and had to start it over twice but other than that all the other requirements were easy and quick. Yes, I do have to do 2 weeks liquid diet [emoji37] which I start on 08/25/17. I'm so nervous and I'm really questioning myself on my choice of surgery. In the beginning I chose gastric bypass but when I met with my surgeon I ended up choosing the sleeve but now I'm thinking should I have went with the gastric bypass. Ugh lol

Ask yourself why did you want the GBS vs VSG and then what made you choose VSG and then why now you want GBS again if whatever you answer makes sense to you gen go with that. I always say go with your gut feeling and ask if you can change surgery cause then you might then later on go get a revision and that's another surgery.

Ask yourself why did you want the GBS vs VSG and then what made you choose VSG and then why now you want GBS again if whatever you answer makes sense to you gen go with that. I always say go with your gut feeling and ask if you can change surgery cause then you might then later on go get a revision and that's another surgery.

I tried to change to RNY but they said my insurance already approved VSG.