Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

1 minute ago, CJ Sunshine said:

Oh, I have my date already. My surgery is scheduled for 9/14. Anticipation and a little nervousness...I'm kind of finding it hard to concentrate.

Less than a month away! I was nervous too but you'll be happy you did it. Once I got my date, the surgery was all I thought about. I just wanted July 14th to come as quickly as possible. lol

YES! I'm finding it very hard to remain present in today! I'm highly distracted. I'm not as productive at work as I need to be, especially to get my office in the shape I need to take off for the surgery....and I feel terrible that 2 friends were having medical procedures of their own this week and I completely forgot to send them a text or call to see how they were doing! Ugh!! That's so not like me... I get it's normal, but I am trying to figure out how to work around it...

@CJ Sunshine yup! lol I definitely slacked off before surgery at work....was super distracted with planning every detail of surgery and after surgery. This is a huge deal that you're making this decision and going through with it...as long as you texted them or reached out this week you're fine! How long are you going to take off of work?

1 minute ago, sleevedshereen said:

@CJ Sunshine yup! lol I definitely slacked off before surgery at work....was super distracted with planning every detail of surgery and after surgery. This is a huge deal that you're making this decision and going through with it...as long as you texted them or reached out this week you're fine! How long are you going to take off of work?

Well, I'm self employed, as an attorney. So I'm planning to take a full week off and then probably work from home for a week...which mostly means keep an eye on emails and phone calls. Based on what I've read, it seems that 2-3 weeks is common for DS patients...

Oh that's awesome! I'm in Human Resources :48_weary: For my VSG I took 2 weeks off. Went back to work after 1 week but didn't have much energy so I took an extra week off. I think 2.5-3 weeks would have been ideal but being gone 3 weeks doesn't look good lol luckily you're self employed though! @CJ Sunshine

Welcome, I am mostly a lurker still, but these forums can really help, nice to know you are not alone when those weird things happen.

I'm not sure I can swing more than two weeks...can't make money if I don't work! Being self employed gives me more flexibility but no such thing as paid sick time. @sleevedshereen

2 hours ago, blue1961 said:

Welcome, I am mostly a lurker still, but these forums can really help, nice to know you are not alone when those weird things happen.

Thank you! Yes, reading through other threads has already eased some of my concerns.