Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Doing great for day 3! Do you have drains?

Day 4 is kicking my butt!
Sleep really good, but had to send my son and hubby away for the day - so I can actually rest!
Attended to incisions as the itchiness was insane. Taking off the 'outer bandaid' area and exposing the steri strips will have to be my new norm. My skin was obviously getting irritated by the glue and not happy!! Plus I don't have much leakage anyway.
This was this morning
IMG_4715.JPG
Just checked them now. Much better although had to see in pics
IMG_4720.JPG IMG_4719.JPG

Confirmed with nurse and this method is good with her! With compression garments of course! At first they hurt, but as predicted, already starting to feel good when put on.

Now on to my Protein Shake and another nap! Whatever is there to do!! Especially when the perks make you so drowsy.

Hope this is helping anyone out there!

Day 5 - rest rest and more rest! It's the best thing you can do. VON nurse coming today to inspect incisions. sleep comes on quick and I'm so hungry today! And holy gas batman! I'm definitely moving around easier today. Can lay on couch and not have to rely solo on lazy boy.
Tummy is hard and swollen, and still itchy and Benadryl is helping.

Please feel free to ask any questions along the way!

Sounds like each day is getting better and better. Reading your success and how you are managing will be of help when my time comes. Thanks a bunch and please keep us informed of your progression. Your looking might good.

I will need to have this next year. Your doctor took off 15 pounds and your tummy is half the size of mine. My Dr said I only had 5 pounds of skin. How can that be when I am twice as big in that area. I wish mine was off now

Sounds like each day is getting better and better. Reading your success and how you are managing will be of help when my time comes. Thanks a bunch and please keep us informed of your progression. Your looking might good.
I will need to have this next year. Your doctor took off 15 pounds and your tummy is half the size of mine. My Dr said I only had 5 pounds of skin. How can that be when I am twice as big in that area. I wish mine was off now

Hi, I'm so glad my ramblings are helpful!
It's hard to say really. They took 10 from front and 5 from back.

Day 6 - took myself down to 1 oxy and 2 Tylenol yesterday evening and so far pain seems to be ok at this dose.
This morning I was doing pretty good. Went to surgeons office today and had incisions cleaned and staples removed!! Was told my compression garment isn't tight enough and to go back to wearing the binders.
Back home, had lunch, put on binders and wow pain came back hard core! So on the lazy boy and resting.
They took some more pictures and I look the same except more swollen.
Felt good to get the staples out though!

Day 7 - is kicking my butt! Pain from swelling is pretty bad. Off all the strong narcotics and only taking
Tylenol and Advil. Maybe that's why, but I need to drive this week and had to get off them.
Second hardest part of all this is not being able to do the things I used to do with my son. He is 2.5 and it's breaking my heart that still after a week I'm so limited on what I can do for him.
Ruff day!
I see my surgeon tomorrow and they have order me another compression garment. Hopefully tomorrow is better.

Day 8 - I saw the doctor today, they sent me for an ultrasound to be sure there is no Fluid building up or something else wrong. Tech said everything looked ok. Pain was fairly moderate except when I was out of my compression garment for shower and appointment it started coming back.

This morning I can feel it again :( Just tightened up my compression garment, hopefully that helps.

If it wasn't for this annoying pain I'd be doing really good! I guess it could be worse.

Otherwise, I didn't need a nap on day 8 and drove the 1 hour to my doctors appointment with no issues. And slept like a baby last night! Let's see what today brings :)

Day 9 - today is about the same. Still tender in that one spot on belly and swollen. Had to do some laundry and needed to change into new clothes! Took some pictures to share.

These were taken day of plastics and today
IMG_4755.JPG IMG_4758.JPG

These were taken couple days before RYN (Oct 3/16) and today
IMG_4756.JPG IMG_4757.JPG

Surgery weight 292
Plastics weight 197
Yesterday 190
Goal 185

Day 12 - last couple days were about the same. Rest, rest, rest as much as possible. Went out and got groceries one day and made dinner for my in-laws yesterday. I can sleep on my side now!! So much more comfortable. Itching sucks and still sore and pains here and there, but all in all, I'm doing a lot better!!

Would you say you could attend a baseball game? I have surgery scheduled for the 8th and my work has a company outing planned for a baseball game on the 20th which would be 12 days out.

Would you say you could attend a baseball game? I have surgery scheduled for the 8th and my work has a company outing planned for a baseball game on the 20th which would be 12 days out.

Yes I probably could do that today, but it would definitely tire me out! And depending on the seating, would be hard on the bum possibly.

Day 15 - doing really well. Could have went back to work at the two week marker (desk job) if absolutely needed, but I was already off this week thankfully. I think 3 weeks will be prefect. Incisions are looking really good.
I did find out I have an sensitive/allergy to the 'glue' in all the adhesives and steri strips. I took the rest of them off today had a great shower and then reapplied two strips in two different spots just in case. There is no leakage or anything, but hoping the skin might still come together a bit more.
Pain is hardly there anymore and still slow to get up from laying down or in and out of car.
Have a follow up sept 7 and will update with more pictures then, unless something comes up from now till then.