Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Jealous of others on here

With a sleeve, you shouldn't expect immediate 'issues' with carbs or sugars...that's more for bypass patients. The 'issue' I have with carbs and sugars is that eating them makes me want more and then I get into that ugly carb cycle where I'm starving, then I eat a slider food which in turn makes me hungrier. I've learned that lesson well and mostly avoid simple carbs now, but they go down easy!
As for being jealous of those of us who can't eat everything, I'd have happily traded with you last night as I was sliming and foaming from 3 bites of pork tenderloin ;-)

At six weeks out, 1000 calories seems like a lot. I don't think I went to close to 1,000 until about 6 months. I understand wanting to see where the lines are, but the sooner you leave the carbs and sugar alone, the better. Let your body forget them so that when you do eat them, they don't taste as good as they used to.

I was out with my daughter the other day and she got an apple dumpling from our favorite Amish bakery - I had two bites and felt like I was going to die because for the most part for the last year, I haven't eaten sugar. On two occasions when I've gotten ice cream while out with my family - I have five or six spoonfuls and have to throw it out because I feel gross when I eat it. Is is physical or psychological? I don't know.

Just because you can doesn't mean you should.

[mention=194772]jess9395[/mention] I had a bite of a cupcake from my wifes birthday. No issues. Had a 5cent candy as well. No issue. Ate a bite of Pasta salad at a wedding. No issue.
I'm testing my boundries a little because I feel 100% normal..and all I read on these forums is that I'm the abnormal one...

Testing boundaries probably not wise at six weeks out. I'm not sure if you're normal or abnormal, because I would guess MOST people don't try the things you've tried. You are only reading what some people on an internet board who pushed the limits too early chose to share.

I have no clue whether I could tolerate candy or a cupcake at six weeks because I didn't eat even a bite till 9 months out.

[mention=255228]OutsideMatchInside[/mention] I'm glad you found success. For me I need to know my boundaries. Not just with food, but with so much of life. So I unapologetically do so. And I am stubborn enough (to the point of getting in a knife fight with my surgeon) to loose this weight. So I'm not worried.
Not that you need to know my story, but my wife and I are wanting to start a family and this is for her and the future niños. So my motivation is clear.

You believe this stubbornness will lead to success and you may be right, but my guess is it will not.

@jess9395 How do you figure? Please share with me your great and all knowing about who I am and what my motivations are... Enlighten me... smh...

Common now.

@Diana_in_Philly Talking to my trainer the other day, he said with my muscle mass and body shape I need to be consuming at least that or my existing muscle will be gone. And my meals are very much Protein heavy if not entirely. My goal is to hit 120g of protein by month 3 here when I start hitting the gym. I'm working my ass off not to have to get plastics for my loose skin.

I may be 400lbs but I have the body of a 300lb guy due to the muscle mass I carry as a farm boy.

[mention=194772]jess9395[/mention] How do you figure? Please share with me your great and all knowing about who I am and what my motivations are... Enlighten me... smh...
Common now.

Like I said you may be right.

Someone as stubborn as you won't listen to anything I have to say.

Yup that's me, common. Shaking my own head and laughing.

I'm the type of person who likes to hear the opinions and experiences of people who have been successful in what I am attempting to do.

I'm also the type who hires a surgeon I trust and would never get in a knife fight with one. Since you don't want to share that story I will just admit that aspect of your personality scares me and that's part of what I base my guess (which I said was only a guess) on.

Most stubborn people don't listen to advice and wisdom from professionals, experts and people who have been successful.

People who are humble and willing to learn new things are.

Those traits lend themselves to success in this venture.

I know nothing about your motivations. Many people with wonderful motivations fail because of personality traits that lead to behaviors.

That may or may not be you. Like I said, just a guess.

@jess9395 You are reading me like a book. Thanks for the psychoanalysis over the internet... save me huge $ on my therapy bills... smh...

I didn't share my story because no one really cares. But everyone seems to have their own judgmental opinions on something that is super individual and personal.

But because you seem to continue to comment. I was a healthy muscular 275lb before I hit a mental breakdown and walked into a 3 year depression and ballooned. Those dark years stole a lot of my life. I'm back to a healthy mindset and in trying to match my physical with my mental and emotional state I chose to have the surgery. What you don't know is up here in Canada its a 3-4 year wait to get your first consultation. So I chose Mexico from 2 referrals of the same doctor. It was a great decision and I'm dropping lb's left and right. I have a dietician and a personal trainer set up so I get all the advice I need.

I'm glad you found your success, and I hope for you the best. But please keep your opinions and judgment to yourself.

@Mershyou are kinda being an aggressive prick. You post a topic, you open up the conversation, then don't like the path the conversation follows.

It sounds like you are doing awesome and are very successful. You have a solid plan to live your life and meet your goals. You have a dietician and a trainer and "get all the advice you need" .

If you have all the support and all the information and don't enjoy the opinions of others to support you, then might I suggest you stop visiting this site. You seem to have support all around you.

And yes this is my opinion and judgment based on your sarcastic bullying remarks to a perfect stranger on a social media site.

[mention=322806]Mersh[/mention]you are kinda being an aggressive prick. You post a topic, you open up the conversation, then don't like the path the conversation follows.
It sounds like you are doing awesome and are very successful. You have a solid plan to live your life and meet your goals. You have a dietician and a trainer and "get all the advice you need" .
If you have all the support and all the information and don't enjoy the opinions of others to support you, then might I suggest you stop visiting this site. You seem to have support all around you.
And yes this is my opinion and judgment based on your sarcastic bullying remarks to a perfect stranger on a social media site.

I agree. I will never understand why people come on any public site, post something, then have the nerve to get mad at the responses. Having a knife fight with someone? Yea...that's a problem. Trying to 'test your limits' at six weeks? That's a problem. Your motivations may be strong enough. But from your own post, it doesn't sound like it. And the bullying someone else because they are not patting you on the back? Come on now. Can we be adults?

This is MY opinion and judgment on what you posted.

11 hours ago, Mersh said:

@OutsideMatchInside I'm glad you found success. For me I need to know my boundaries. Not just with food, but with so much of life. So I unapologetically do so. And I am stubborn enough (to the point of getting in a knife fight with my surgeon) to loose this weight. So I'm not worried.

Not that you need to know my story, but my wife and I are wanting to start a family and this is for her and the future niños. So my motivation is clear.

This is the internet and I can only go by your posts and your posts don't really express a clear motivation for success.

Good luck

8 hours ago, Diana_in_Philly said:

At six weeks out, 1000 calories seems like a lot. I don't think I went to close to 1,000 until about 6 months.

He's a 6'3'' guy while you're a 5'3'' woman.

1000 cals is not much for a guy of his height.

ETA: Kind of random but related thought on this: I sometimes wonder if some nutritionists really don't care about the individual circumstances when giving their recommendations.

Edited by summerset

@Dabearo lol! I'm not being aggressive at all. I'm just tired of all the internet heros and their capes offering nothing more than their own insecurities and struggles masked by calling them opinions.

This isn't a black and white thing. What works for some won't work for others. As the above said, I'm 6'3 muscular man. Not a 5'3 woman. So my outcome and journey will already be drastically different that these ladies.

My original post was me just stating that I haven't had any of the issues that the majority of the people at my stage in postop seem to be having.

At the end of the day, if you can toss encouragement but rather come at people with judgment and horses-hit comments....Then you can kick rocks and find your self a hug for your unhappy selves.

Have a good night.

@OutsideMatchInside it's all good! Thanks for the well wishes! Good luck on your journey as well.