Anyone around 5'3-5'5 and weight 250-270 how much weight did you lose in your first 6 months

13 posts in this topic

I think you may find many people fitting those perimeters....
Me too
Maintenance is hard. Daily
It is a different life!
I hope we all get that opportunity
( banded 12/06. Maintaining)

Why is maintenance harder?

Because it's not new and exciting and sexy. You aren't getting complements and new clothes and firsts. Because you STILL have to keep watching what you eat and drink and your activity level. Forever. And you can eat more and it's oh so easy to slide back into bad habits and eat sliders that go down easily.

17 hours ago, Arielle said:

Why is maintenance harder?

First, there isn't the excitement and motivation from the scale, looser clothing or others complimenting.

Second, it's a fine line between losing & gaining, at least for me. VERY difficult to find that line and be able to stay comfortably there, for life. You don't want to feel deprived as that will lead to old habits & regain. You need to always be mindful of eating/exercising without it consuming you. You need to find an exercise program that you can do consistently and your relationship to food must be eat to live NOT live to eat.

In the losing phase, we sometimes feel like our way of eating/exercising is a temporary way of life until goal. It's not, this is for life if we want to maintain.