Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How much weight did everyone loss within the first month???

Band-RNY revision age 49 5'4" Starting weight: 260 Surgery weight: 244, Current weight 140.2

Pre-op-16lbs (size 18/20) M1-16lbs (size 18) M2-15.6lbs (size 16/18) M3-10lbs (size 16) M4-11.4lbs (size 14) M5-10.8lbs (size 12) M6-8.4 (size 8/10) M7-6.4 (size 8...165.4 lbs) M8-11.6 (size 6...153.8) M9-5.6 (size 4/6...148.2) M10-5.8 (size 4....142.4)

While this is working, it is upsettingly slow for this low BMI obese woman. Mid July was my surgery but I've barely lost 4 lbs so far in August only. It keeps going down by ounces each day, I am slowly getting my calories up to 700-800 (not always successful with that). I started Jillian Michaels workout app (on beginner). Getting my Protein. But it is just slow. About 1.5 lbs a week.

i know slow is good. I just need to be patient. I had this idea I'd be in a smaller size by Sept and maybe by Oct out of plus sizes. Ok, maybe not. I am shrinking, though more upper body than those wonderful lower body fat deposits that could keep a family alive through the winter! Attempting patience.

Adding: I guess the most frustrating is that I lost 13 lbs on the two week pre op diet, and after surgery and eating far less, in five weeks I've only lost 9 lbs.

I think it depends on your weight before surgery. I had a surgery on July 27th. My weight was 215. I lost 26 pounds starting from my one week pre-op diet.

3 hours ago, GotProlactinoma said:

While this is working, it is upsettingly slow for this low BMI obese woman. Mid July was my surgery but I've barely lost 4 lbs so far in August only. It keeps going down by ounces each day, I am slowly getting my calories up to 700-800 (not always successful with that). I started Jillian Michaels workout app (on beginner). Getting my Protein. But it is just slow. About 1.5 lbs a week.

i know slow is good. I just need to be patient. I had this idea I'd be in a smaller size by Sept and maybe by Oct out of plus sizes. Ok, maybe not. I am shrinking, though more upper body than those wonderful lower body fat deposits that could keep a family alive through the winter! Attempting patience.

You may want to try regular sizes now. in the mid 180's I was wearing size 12.

5 hours ago, GotProlactinoma said:

It's very frustrating! I lost 15 lb pre op diet. The scale is finally moving after 2weeks post op. Down 6 lbs since surgery. I am getting 70 grams of Protein and have gotten my calories up to about 700 was really getting upset last week trying to get my Water intake up now. Just stick with the program and tweak things till they work for you ! Good luck

Something most people aren't aware of.. the 10 pound "sign on bonus". As soon as we start a diet, we get a "free" ten pounds that come off almost instantly. So subtract this 10 pounds from what you lost during the preop diet to get your "actual" preop weight loss.

6 hours ago, GotProlactinoma said:

Adding: I guess the most frustrating is that I lost 13 lbs on the two week pre op diet, and after surgery and eating far less, in five weeks I've only lost 9 lbs.

So, with that in mind, you only actually lost 3lbs in two weeks preop, which is the same rate as postop.

Now you see that this is your normal, and can expect to continue losing about a pound a week until getting closer to goal.

Revamp your expectations for future losses, and take the stress off. ;)

I lost 16lbs during the 2 weeks preop and have averaged 3lbs a week postop. It works!

My surgery was on 8/21/17 so I'm 3 weeks out and lost 20lbs since surgery not counting pre-op weight loss. I did have a stall this last week, I'm hoping to get out of it this week... Started logging my food in myfitnesspal as of today. I do read a lot that everyone is different and the higher weight you start the more typically is lost in the beginning.

I have been discouraged from not losing fast enough either. I do realize though that my starting weight was at a 34 bmi I am now at a 30 bmi, and although I have only lost 16 lbs post op and coming into my 4th week, I have lost 36 inches. Mostly in my chest. Lol but hearing everyone's struggles have helped. As bad as that sounds, it is encouraging to know that other people are going through this as well. My mom keeps telling me that the slower you lose, the better it is for your skin to bounce back. So yay for a slow loser!

Sent from my SM-G955U using BariatricPal mobile app

It is interesting how the weight loss has gone. I was sleeved on July 14 and I weighed 279. At one month, I had lost 32 pounds down to 247. Currently I am at 221. I did have a stall at about 3 weeks, but once the weight started coming off again it has been great. I am at around 800 or less calories a day focusing on Protein. I did notice that in the last week, it seems my restriction is more than it had been previously. Still have not felt any hunger so that is good. I am really thrilled with this. I would like to get down to around 185-190 so I feel great about the progress. I was at a size 42 waist and now I am at 36.

I'm a low bmi'er. I went from 180 to 166. I'm thrilled with a 14 lbs loss.

Sent from my XT1254 using BariatricPal mobile app