Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Plastics Tuesday!!! OMG

So I confirmed yesterday that I'm having a lower body lift with fleur de lis Tummy Tuck and Lipo on Tuesday. I'm freakin out!

I meet with a couple of plastic surgeons and have been doing my research. I went back to one for more information and they had a cancellation for Tuesday. At first I was like no way, Tuesday and then I thought man this might actually work better for me. I'll be full time at school this fall and would otherwise have to wait till January. Plus my husbands schedule is more flexible right now.

I can't believe this is really happening!

I have to get the following:

- depends to help with leakage from stitches and those pad things to put on my lazy boy for protection

- land yards to hold drains

- rent a walker and shower chair

- compression socks (they provide compression garments)

- groceries so we have food over the next week

Any other suggestions??

I'll be one night at hospital.

That's so exciting! Congrats! (Yes, I'm totally jelly.)

3 hours ago, thisisthenewme said:

Forgot one thing. I'm a bridesmaid in a wedding 6 weeks after surgery. From people that have had this type of plastics should I be worried??

Congrats!! That is so exciting.

My mom had it done and I will tell you she was not a happy person at six weeks out. Try to not do any bridesmaid chores, and save all your pleasantness for when you absolutely have to be nice. Her surgeon gave her a pamphlet about how this surgery affects you psychologically and that's right about when she hit a major depression (right in line with what the "schedule" he gave her said).

That being said, you might be totally fine. My mom is 58, so if you're younger you might be running around with joy already by then! Just take care of yourself. And good luck!!

Congrats!! That is so exciting.
My mom had it done and I will tell you she was not a happy person at six weeks out. Try to not do any bridesmaid chores, and save all your pleasantness for when you absolutely have to be nice. Her surgeon gave her a pamphlet about how this surgery affects you psychologically and that's right about when she hit a major depression (right in line with what the "schedule" he gave her said).
That being said, you might be totally fine. My mom is 58, so if you're younger you might be running around with joy already by then! Just take care of yourself. And good luck!!

Thanks for the advice!
Yes I'm a bit younger (39) and I don't have any bridesmaid tasks as of yet. Also it's a small wedding. No dinner.
I'm more concerned about still being swollen.

Ah, I see, cool. According to her surgeon it's normal to be swollen for 6 months to a year! I think her swelling went down totally by about 8 months. However, it's not swollen like a snowman, it's more like Fluid retention a bit in the area. It may be a CYA for them since you might not look exactly as you imagined right away because you could be swollen for a while. You'll probably still be wearing a binder though at that point, so that might help you fit in a dress!

Goo to know! I would have been wearing spanks/griddle anyway!! Haha, I can deal with a little over all swelling. I'd think that is smaller then the current 'tire' of hanging skin around my middle. It's pretty bad!

7 hours ago, thisisthenewme said:

Oh and it appears they took 15lbs not 10lbs. I have pics of the 4 large pieces of skin and they have weights on them. When added up 15lbs! Didn't think you'd all want to see those??

I would!

I wishhhhh I had got him to take pics of my skin that was removed - Something great to see (In my opinion anyways lol)

Edited by Scamp

Thank Youuuuuuuuuuu - Dunno why I love seeing removed skin - lol

Edited by Scamp

Wooow! What a difference! Thank you for sharing - that's so brave of you. It's really cool to see how that process works. It sounds like the recovery will be tough - even more so than the WLS! Hang in there!