Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

That's so wonderful of him. My husband has been like my errand boy, lol.
Before surgery, I showed him pictures and explained what I could eat, so in case he had to run out and get me something, he would know what he is looking for.
I also made him a list of all my meds, physician info, allergies, pharmacy, pcp, etc. Seems like the dr, hospital, nurses, all ask the same questions and I wanted him to be able to answer for me if I didn't feel up

I also told him about the regret phase, so he would know what was coming, and for him to remind me why I wanted to do this.

My husband is awesome. Yours sounds awesome too!

Sent from my XT1254 using BariatricPal mobile app

I've told my husband that I'm going to have this surgery. I told him all about my 1st orientation meeting. He didn't want to talk to me about it. He said I failed every other weight loss plan that he doesn't think he can handle another failure.
I don't know how to deal with this. I will have this surgery. I will be successful and I will be fit and healthy. My 2nd appointment is in September to meet the surgeon. He likes to meet with all his new clients before we take the 4 other steps. My weight now is: 280 pounds. I hope to get down to 135 pounds. If my husband is not on board, I will have to do it by myself. Go into the hospital by myself, and leave once I'm discharged by myself. When I get to my goal weight, I will be one hot mamma! Lol

Sent from my SM-N900V using BariatricPal mobile app

My husband has been so helpful as well- we talked about what I can and can't eat so he has been able to pick things up for me but also (nicely) call me out if I'm tempted to cheat [emoji4] the biggest help for me though is that he is pretty much eating what I am - I would never have asked him for this - but it is nice to not have too much in the house I can't eat or is bad for me. He is a great cook and has been testing bariatric recipes and enjoying them! I don't think he meant to give up carbs totally but since we haven't been buying them he has just adjusted. At least while he's at home. So I really think that support has helped a lot. We always cooked and had dinner together and I was afraid I would lose that time together each night.

My husband has been doing all the cooking and shopping for himself and the kids. I tend to hide out at dinner time, but I'm going to start eating with them today (6 days post op, full liquids). He took the day of sugery off. He visited a lot the next two days and brought the kids. They won't discharge you unless you have a caretaker bringing you home (not uber). At home, he does all the chores. I can lift more than 10 lbs and its just hard to bend down. I will fold laundry today but he had to bring to the wash, wash and dry it and bring it back upstairs. Even unloading the dishwasher might be too much bending for the first couple weeks. He said I should just enjoy the break!

If your spouse isn't in board yet, give them more information so they can see this isn't another diet fad. Thetes a great N.Y. Times article that shows success rates of loosing 100 lbs with diet are only 5% but with surgery it's the majority. Also, he could be nervous about surgery. Even though it's safer than a c-section, it's still scary.

I've told my husband that I'm going to have this surgery. I told him all about my 1st orientation meeting. He didn't want to talk to me about it. He said I failed every other weight loss plan that he doesn't think he can handle another failure.
I don't know how to deal with this. I will have this surgery. I will be successful and I will be fit and healthy. My 2nd appointment is in September to meet the surgeon. He likes to meet with all his new clients before we take the 4 other steps. My weight now is: 280 pounds. I hope to get down to 135 pounds. If my husband is not on board, I will have to do it by myself. Go into the hospital by myself, and leave once I'm discharged by myself. When I get to my goal weight, I will be one hot mamma! Lol

Have your husband go to the dr visits with you. During my 6 month pre-op bidits, it was very hard because I was losing a pound or two here and there. I was getting discouraged but my np saud, this is why you need surgety, it will be ok. My husband is my biggest cheerleader and this surgery does make a difference. It WILL happen, you will lose weight. I hope he decides to support you but if he doesn't, this community is wonderful. Here you will find the support and guidance. Do not let that discourage you from taking this life changing step. I wish you the best!

HW 274 SW 263 GW 125 GASTRIC SLEEVE 7/21/17. Height 5'1" instagram: K_aane_VSG

You will be one hot mamma and he will either be super jealous and not be able to handle it or completely support you and enjoy the new you. He could be scared that you will leave once you lose the weight. Might warrant a good heart to heart talk about what really is scaring him.

I hope your surgery went well! One more thing I wanted to throw in is how important I think a sense of humor is. It's desperately needed and can make the problems easier to bear. My hubby is having a blast ribbing me about the gas I'm having. He is suffering just as much as I am, lol. I'm so thankful he is been by my side through this.

Sent from my XT1254 using BariatricPal mobile app