Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

WHAT DO YOU THINK IS THE BEST PROTEIN TO TAKE?

WHAT IS EVERYONE'S FAVORITE Protein?

BEST TASTING?

MOST PROTEIN?

I alternate between Unjury's chicken Soup Protein and Gold's chocolate mixes. I love the Gold's chocolate mixes. Tastes great, mixes well, turns into a slushie if you accidentally leave it in the freezer for too long...

Unjury's Chicken Soup protein tastes pretty good if you are in the mood for a hot drink but I think it smells god awful. Like chicken gone bad!

Unjury serving: 90 Calories, 1 carb, 21 protein.

Gold's: 120 Calories, 3 carb, 24 protein

I have gone through about 10 different Protein Drinks because most of them taste and smell like spoiled milk. Just recently I found the GNC lean shakes that are 170 calories and 25 g Protein for their pre-made shakes. I liked that it was in the right ratio of calories and protein and its is also packed with Vitamins. Quest protein powders are good too but they're really thick for me and they're harder to drink. I would get a lot of samples from different brands so you don't end up wasting money on something you don't end up liking.

I use Unjury unflavored Protein Powder. I use a half scoop powder in my coffee. It does have s little flavor but it's not bad at all. And has lots of Protein. But if your ready your best getting your protein by food. Eat high protein foods.

I luv Isopure.. 40grams whey isolate.. 0 carbs and 160 calories per 20oz and its a clear liquid

i use nectar. They have a variety of flavors. my favorite being Cappuccino. but i am 3 months out and i really have to force myself to have a shake.

I like the Atkins shakes. They are the only ones that don't completely turn my stomach. I drink a lot of Premier Protein before surgery but I got to a point where I couldn't drink it afterwards. I also like the Protein Water Atkins makes.

I seem to be developing some kind of "reaction" to whey. I was ok with it for the two week pre-op diet, as well as about 3 weeks post op. Now I get shaky, nauseous, blurry vision, and a yucky sick feeling after sipping on it, even mixed with Water. And my whey is pure grassfed with NO other ingredients. So it is the whey that is causing this.

in order to get Protein right now, I am forced to rely on my other two protein staples. Homemade Bone Broth (one big mug full a day, only, because it takes 2 days to make it in my crockpot) at 9 g a cup. And the Greek yogurt at 22 g a cup, which I put into a glass and add some vegetable juice. Looks weird but once mixed with a whisk it tastes good. My nutritionist doesn't need allow fruit or fruit juice as they are sugar bombs.

So I need a new source of protein. Ordered from Amazon Paleo Pro protein powder made from grassfed beef and eggs. It has good reviews so going to try it. Will report back.

I think the doctors need to ask people to pay attention for reactions to whey. I'm not the only person who feels sick from it.

WHAT IS EVERYONE'S FAVORITE Protein?
BEST TASTING?
MOST PROTEIN?

I'm Preop but have done Protein Shakes and I really like the chocolate by UMP. You can order it online. It's delicious and has 20 grams of protein. Check it out!

Syntrax Nectar, which is whey Protein isolate. One serving (one full scoop) has 23gm protein, no carbohydrate, no fat. I mix it with Water (juicy flavors, lemonade, iced tea) or unsweetened almond milk (shake flavors). You can also use skim milk but I don't like skim milk! If you want to test out the Nectars, go to si03.com. Hover your mouse over where it says "special offer" on the home page and it'll tell you how to get a sampler of flavors: 15 single-serve nectars, all different flavors, for $16.99 to include shipping. It's a one-time offer, but so worth it to be able to sample flavors instead of have to shell out $40 or more for something you might not like.

I also make Bone Broth. Roast a chicken (or buy a store-rotisserie chicken) or some beef bones in the oven. Strip off the meat, then simmer the bones on the stove with several quarts of water/broth (I use broth from Dollar Tree, $1 a quart, maybe 1 qt. broth to 2qts water... or use bouillon in the water), a cut up onion, some cut up carrots, cut up celery. Simmer this for a couple of hours, covered, then strain out all bones, veg, etc. You can chill this and then lift off the fat if you want. (I usually take off about half the fat.) I am not sure how much protein this actually has, but it's a great "meal" for those post-op days when you want something warm and savory. You could add some unflavored protein powder (I use Syntrax brand) to boost the protein content just before eating, but remember that you can't add protein to liquid that's too hot or it'll clump and get all nasty.

Edited by leebick

Hi, I ‘m new in this and having sleeve on 2/22 ,on pre-op diet but not sure if vegan Protein is good... anyone tried this on liquid pre op diet? Thanks!!