Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lacking the motivation to even walk...

So I was sleeved 7/14 ...the 14th makes me one month post op and I lost 17 lbs so far since surgery. I feel like that isn't that much from what I'm seeing on here.

Feeling a little discouraged about that.

But I'm not really being active and I think that is my issue of not losing as much weight.

I wake up really early for work, my commute is an hour and a half and then I get off and my commute home is another hour and a half. That's 3 hours of my day just sitting in traffic. By the time I get home and eat dinner, it's 8pm and then I have my online classes for school to focus on after. By the time i'm done with everything...I'm exhausted. I have no motivation to even walk.

I don't know what to do at this point. Not too happy.

It can be frustrating and sometimes we feel we just don't do enough. At this point, the most important thing is to make sure you are getting your Protein and Water in. I too have a 3 hour daily commute and sometimes I just don't feel like it. I have started giving myself a pass and not beating myself up as I would have in the past. Maybe just schedule in your week a 30 min. walk 3-4 times a week, whether at lunch or on the weekends. Start there.

You really are not that far out from surgery and it can take awhile to get your energy back (6 wks to 3 mos) and you are still healing. It's always hard to remember that because the scar has developed on the outside, but the inside takes a lot longer. You are doing really well on the weight loss - at your lower weight it comes off a few pounds at a time. I never would have thought that 6 mos from surgery I would be in a size 8! It still doesn't seem real. Enjoy the ride and follow the rules and you will be at your goal weight before you know it!

@YeaMe Thanks for the advice. Your progress looks like it's been amazing so far! I'm hoping I break this stall that I've been in for like 2 weeks now soon and the weight starts coming off. :/

Edited by sleevedshereen

The stalls can be very frustrating but I have come to realize, I am usually ALWAYS in a stall, until one morning I step on the scale and it goes down 3-4 lbs. I don't get it, but there is no getting around it. Just know that it will come off if you follow the rules. Best of luck!

@YeaMe Thank you so much! I'm hoping for the best!

I lost 17lbs the first month, and here I am, not 5 months out, and am down 74lbs.

It'll come off, but it does take time.

Don't beat yourself up about exercise. At this point it can make you hungry because you will burn more energy. As long as you are at a calorie deficit, the weight will come off.

@Berry78 wow that gives me a little sense of relief...I hope that happens with me...lol

@Ldyvenus ahh I know. I feel like I barely have energy as is...I should just be patient. I'm sure this stall will break and the lbs will shed. This process/journey is very challenging...people that think doing this is taking the easy way out are soooo wrong.

I had zero energy for two months. It was so frustrating and I have been losing slowly too. But I'm losing and keep losing. Try not to be discouraged. Many people don't exercise for months after surgery. Hang in there. It'll happen.

I may be a newbie at VSG, but I am an old lady and the only person you should ever compare yourself too is the person you used to be. No one has walked in our shoes but us. You have an incredibly busy life and have not even had time to fully recover yet...cut yourself some slack and it will get better. You can do this.

I am such a noob, posted something then can't delete it. Please ignore.

Edited by blue1961

Peeps.. how much weight do y'all think you'll lose? 15-20lbs is typical. 25-30lb losses are usually in big guys or patients with complications.

@AZLoser it's been a month as of yesterday :/ I feel like I should be doing more...