Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

why did i bother to tell my friends UGH

I've always been the "big girl" in the group but now that i have told my friends im getting surgery everybody is like oh you don't need it you're not even big.... i hate the fact that people always wanna tell me what i need and don't need. i swear i see myself cutting a lot of people off on my journey

Can't really offer advice because I am not telling anyone. Only my mother, my husband, and 1 of my cousins who had the sleeve himself and was in the same situation as I am now. Hang in there and don't let the naysayers influence you

thanks.. it sucks when your so call friends cant support you the way you want them to

They may be afraid of the new you - not everyone is confident enough to welcome new competition! Feel Great for YOU- not bad for them

I haven't told any of my friends for that exact reason. Its your journey to walk not theirs! Keep your head up and ignore the negativity.

thank you .... I am content with my decision and NO ONE can change it... I even started a partime job to keep myself busy and away from certain people... my mom boyfriend and son are my biggest supporters ...

I've always been the "big girl" in the group but now that i have told my friends im getting surgery everybody is like oh you don't need it you're not even big.... i hate the fact that people always wanna tell me what i need and don't need. i swear i see myself cutting a lot of people off on my journey

This is YOUR life and YOUR journey. Those that really love you will root for you to win. If they are trying to sabotage your plan, then you must disconnect to save yourself.

Sent from my XT1097 using BariatricPal mobile app

It has been wonderful that for four years we haven't had to discuss one thing with anyone about our weight. Life goes on very happily without our weight and surgery being the topic. Chose to keep is to ourselves.

I told a few of my friends some were supported and some were seriously against it ... and I was shocked that they had such strong opinions against it , I wish I kept it to myself but I don't care anymore I'm happy with my journey

They are probably feeling threatened that the status quo for their group will change. You are exactly right too! If they don't support you, they're not good friends anyway. You deserve better!

I'm willing to bet that they would have all been for it if you were having a boob job or Tummy Tuck instead....But since you are doing something to improve your health and quality of life, nobody wants you to do it. Well, screw them! This is your life, and your journey. A true friend would want you to be healthy and happy. Do what you need to do for yourself, and everybody that has an issue can just kick rocks!

Some people think surgery is sooooo drastic. But now days they have such awesome technology that I think it would be silly to NOT have it. But sure as s**t as soon as you involve others they suddenly become Dr doggie howser lol. Ignore them and come here. I'm not telling many because I had a failed lap band and I could only imagine what they say about the Sleeve. Bottom line.... You do you girl. We're here for you

Sent from my SM-G935P using BariatricPal mobile app

I have said this in another thread - and it still holds true. Tell people to Inform them, NOT to Affirm you. This is an individual choice and an individual journey. Courage should be embraced and admired - as many testimonials on this site can attest.

The people who don't want you to be happier and healthier are people that you don't need in the long run anyway. If it wasn't your surgery, it would be something else that would have caused them to move on. Either way, You are the better for the decision You have made - BRAVO!!