Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello everyone

So I'm 14 months out from my sleeve and I have had a stable weight for months now and my partner wants us to try for a baby. I also want a baby but I'm so scared of gaining weight. Like I mean is bad how scared I'm to gain weight its literally all I think about. :( I just don't never want to see myself at the weight I was before.

It's what you'll put in to it. Follow all your doc orders and you should be fine. Although I didn't have wls before my 2nd pregnancy, i did have gestational diabetes and was obese, but i followed everything i had to. I gained 15lbs with medical supervision during my whole pregnancy and my baby girl was just fine and I didn't gain more than I had too. Be encouraged, you can do this and do it well and right. Remember that EVERYTHING is about the baby when you're pregnant. My doc reminded me of that several times during mine to make sure I stay on target.

To compare, my first pregnancy is when I started my obesity. From a healthy weight I gained 65lbs and never took it off. My mind wasn't focused on the baby but what I wanted (and it was junk-fast food-etc). Thank God my daughter is well and healthy, BUT I wish I had better intentions and was mature enough to make everything about her when I was pregnant. So, there's a huge difference when we change our mindset from ourselves to the little precious baby growing inside. :)

Hope this encourages you to be mindful of doing what's healthy for you and ultimately the baby. With that, you should gain a healthy pregnancy weight.

Edited by Newme17

Thank you so much for your words of encouragement. It really just made me feel better. I really want this and is true I just have to think for the baby not myself. Thank You so much!!!

On ‎8‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 0:02 PM, 4u2nvyme said:

Thank you so much for your words of encouragement. It really just made me feel better. I really want this and is true I just have to think for the baby not myself. Thank You so much!!!

You're welcome hon and many blessings to you and your baby to be. :)

I got pregnant at 2 years post op. I even did fertility treatments (frozen embryo transfer), so I was on hormones. I gained a solid 100 pounds with my non-sleeve pregnancies, 1 natural, 1 IVF (twins that time), so I honestly expected a big gain.

I gained 26 pounds, a third of it prior to 6 weeks pg, solely from hormones.

Post pregnancy, I didn't even look like I'd had a baby by about 6 weeks out. After nursing, I readjusted my initial goal down by ten pounds. I lost all the weight and actually got smaller than I intended. I won't lie - it was slow. I was a very slow loser the first time, too. And I was already small. But it came off and I easily maintained. This was several years post op; I've maintained that for years, too.

Honestly, I could eat a little more while pregnant and nursing but still had crazy restriction. I wasn't going nuts on slider foods. I just can't see a massive gain.

And bonus: I was diabetic pre-op and had gestational diabetes with my twins. My blood sugar at my test was crazy normal. Didn't even have to do the 3 hour. But the glucola made me dump the first time. :( That stuff is foul.

Good luck. It can definitely be done. And your sleeve works at any point post op, even if loss is slow sometimes once we're close to goal.

Cheri