Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Endoscopic sleeve gastroplasty

3 minutes ago, Belle3endosleeve said:

This is very exciting to have discovered a thread of others having done this procedure or those that have it scheduled. So hard to find info about this online!! I have mine scheduled for September 28 2pm at UCI (university of California Irvine). I have three kids and have struggled to drop the baby weight after the third baby. My BMI is about 31. I've tried every thing to lose the weight and it just keeps coming back. I'm so excited for this procedure AND nervous and would love to connect via email or better yet on the phone with anyone that has already had the procedure done and would be willing to talk! Belle3

Oh heyyy! UCI! How exciting! good luck! I'm in so cal. Had mine done in Beverly Hills with Dr. Feiz and Associates at Marina Del Rey Hospital. Good luck on your journey!

I had VSG...I have 5 little incisions on my abdomen. I had surgery one month and 3 days ago. I'm 25. BMI was 40. @Belle3endosleeve

Edited by sleevedshereen

I had VSG...I have 5 little incisions on my abdomen. I had surgery one month and 3 days ago. I'm 25. BMI was 40. [mention=324249]Belle3endosleeve[/mention]

Wow congratulations...so exciting! How much have you lost?

@Belle3endosleeve I've lost like 17 lbs in one month, an additional 7 lbs was a day before surgery when I had to do the cleanse (laxative and enema). All together 24 lbs in a month.

[mention=324249]Belle3endosleeve[/mention] I've lost like 17 lbs in one month, an additional 7 lbs was a day before surgery when I had to do the cleanse (laxative and enema). All together 24 lbs in a month.

Geeze that's impressive!!! I hope I have similar results?? What has been most challenging?

Hi ESG group!!

I've decided not to share with anyone but my family. Have any of you chosen the same path? Why and has it been challenging to keep it?
[emoji175]

17 hours ago, sleevedshereen said:

@Belle3endosleeve I've lost like 17 lbs in one month, an additional 7 lbs was a day before surgery when I had to do the cleanse (laxative and enema). All together 24 lbs in a month.

The results are consistent with the traditional sleeve. With the endoscopic sleeve, you don't loose as much. I lost 8% of by body weight in 4 weeks, and the Dr. were happy, now I am in a stall...

34 minutes ago, Belle3endosleeve said:

Hi ESG group!!

I've decided not to share with anyone but my family. Have any of you chosen the same path? Why and has it been challenging to keep it?

I shared with most of my family and just 3 other good friends. My reason is , I was able to loose in the past 30-40 lbs but regained, and I see peoples reaction "She is taking the easy way out" . When you are in the verge of diabetes, Bp and/or cholesterol, you do what is possible to be healthy, and that is my goal. I rather avoid this extra negative comments.

1 hour ago, Belle3endosleeve said:

Geeze that's impressive!!! I hope I have similar results?? What has been most challenging?

Being in a stall has been the most challenging. I also think this has really taken an emotional/mental toll on me with my relationship with my significant other and family. It's definitely life altering and the support I had when I first had surgery is dwindling away. It's like they think "ok it's been a month, shut up now" or something...Yesterday I felt very alone.

1 hour ago, EW11211 said:

The results are consistent with the traditional sleeve. With the endoscopic sleeve, you don't loose as much. I lost 8% of by body weight in 4 weeks, and the Dr. were happy, now I am in a stall...

Why is that? Do they not take out as much of the stomach as with VSG?

The stomach stays intact, it is just reduced in size by sewing accordion like pleats. This procedure is for low Bmi

Sent from my SM-G930V using BariatricPal mobile app

I'm with you EW as to why I'm only sharing with certain family members. There is nothing "easy" about any of this and I don't want to be under the microscope with certain people.

Kiki
Endoscopic Sleeve Gastroplasty
Procedure day: 9/8/17

I have a procedure date and just found out my insurance has partically approved it, which is great. I want to have to have this procedure done, but I'm so nervous about it. I think it's more of the unknown for the years ahead more than the actual procedure in itself. So happy to have found a forum for this. There's not much out there and like some people, I'm not putting it out there for people to start asking questions. It's kinda lonely not being able to really speak to people about this My husband is supportive (thank goodness) but unless you're going through this, you don't really understand.

It sounds like a progressive form of VSG -- maybe its the wave of the future!

Edited by Apple203