Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October '17 RNY buddies

You guys all rock!!!!!! I cant even begin to explain how grateful I am for this surgery it really has been life altering!!!! I am down another 1.6 pounds today woohoo I started strength training on Friday lets put it this way Friday was very small amount of ab work I'm talking like one set of 5 on like 4 or 5 different things I woke up sore but ok then Saturday was legs again same thing one set of 5 for like 4 or 5 things woke up no pain wooohooo go me and my strong thigh yeah right Sunday night could barely walk and it stayed that way till Monday night it was awful The first pic is from September 2017 1 month before the surgery and the other is from Mid January of this year. Oh the times they are a changing

DSCF0053.JPG

January .jpg

YOU look AWESOME!!!!! Oh my gosh!!!😃👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼 Wow! You look great!!! Yes it’s is so life altering! I couldn’t agree more!! Let me see if I can find a pic too before surg...& after. Ok yep- the first is a month before surgery. Second was taken at 3 month post op at 45 lbs lighter!! Yay for us!!😃👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

B7D072F9-19B7-4364-954B-EF059FF094F4.jpeg

CF055C35-DAFE-4943-8243-EFE3E080BCED.jpeg

Edited by RNY-Fall-2017

So I hit an old stand by feeling. Thursday night as I entered my last glass of Water into my food tracker I noticed my calories and I have to admit a wave of shame rushed over me. I barely ever hit 500 calories I mean I have to kind of push it to hit that and there i was staring at 613 calories (the day before I was at 363). My thoughts immediately fell back into diet mode the oh god how could i have done this, this is going to ruin my loss, where is my self control etc etc. As this was rocketing through my body, a shift occurred and I caught it. I caught how incredibly hateful I was being to myself and that the last thing I was being was loving to myself. It is crazy that this is how I lived my life such a short time ago, my new truth is that I love me, I love how I have met this challenge, I love how I am making good choices and sticking to plan, I enjoy this new self compassion far more than the self loathing I once lived in. I am proud of me.

Question...How many of you deal with a talking tummy? This is the absolute worse part of the surgery! I work with people all day, and my stomach (LOUDLY) gurgles as the worst times. Are there any relief tips? What do others do to tone down the sounds?

Weigh in Wednesday down another 3.2 pounds which officially puts me in the teens wooooooohoooooooo I went shopping on Sunday and I am almost out of the plus size section at Macys almost there wooohoooooo I did score a wonderful blouse that I think I will get about ten pounds of use out of a great cardigan that can go 20 cause you know big and floppy is a style and a pair of jeans a size 14 W boyfriend cut yes the cut makes the difference I will have a good amount of time with the jeans. Super excited hope you are all doing well.

Congrats! I am at a stall...BIG TIME! I've had far too many bumps in the road in the 3+ months since surgery. 2 very large ulcers, 2 strictures. I'm down 90lbs so far, who's is awesome, but I have spent most meals throwing up. I've been feeling pretty crappy and my bloodwork was not the best. Low in a lot of levels. Looking forward to feeling better or at least more like myself. Woe is me, I suppose.

Sent from my SM-J327P using BariatricPal mobile app

1 minute ago, mmeredith75 said:

Congrats! I am at a stall...BIG TIME! I've had far too many bumps in the road in the 3+ months since surgery. 2 very large ulcers, 2 strictures. I'm down 90lbs so far, who's is awesome, but I have spent most meals throwing up. I've been feeling pretty crappy and my bloodwork was not the best. Low in a lot of levels. Looking forward to feeling better or at least more like myself. Woe is me, I suppose.

Sent from my SM-J327P using BariatricPal mobile app

Oh that is awful I am glad for the loss but disheartened that it has caused so many issues and pain. I am worried about the blood work I have my first test next week and I am worried that what I am doing is messed up and I am not going to be getting the nutrients and all that jazz. I hope you start feeling like you very soon and that you can begin to enjoy the loss

Awesome! I think I accepted you! It was the only Angie I had pending!

I made a separate Instagram to document my journey like so many others!

Anyone can follow me there at: rnybeauty
So feel free fellow peeps. I usually just accept people that have a WLS info in there bio.

I am? I am the first so far? Eekk! Less than a month! I can't believe it!

I just added you! New to this board looking for encouragement

Sent from my LGMP450 using BariatricPal mobile app

On ‎3‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 1:13 AM, Keenikwe said:

I’ve hit one of my major goals. Online groups call it Onederland...
10/17/17
HW 291
SW 275
CW 198
GW 180

IMG_3880.JPG

You look so fierce!!!! congratulations on onderland wooooooo

Weigh in Wednesday down another 3.2 pounds OMG amazing!!!!!

Here are my struggles working out I hurt not just like hey wow I feel that but like damn no I aint getting out of this bed. I walk but id like to add a little something to help tone up any suggestions would be great no squats though at least for right now i did 5....5 and couldn't walk the next night my DR said its DOMS

Here are the good things I am doing way more like yard work and painting and just being out and about it is incredible that I am not so worried about food and that I am able to be where I am at and not think about the restaurant we are going to go to etc.

Weigh in Wednesday and today I am doing a happy dance down another darn near 5 pounds and I am 9.8 away from onederland I cant even pinch me this must be a dream!!!!!

Weigh in Wednesday and today I am doing a happy dance down another darn near 5 pounds and I am 9.8 away from onederland I cant even pinch me this must be a dream!!!!!

You’re doing amazing!!! I really enjoy reading about your journey every week [emoji4] you’re obviously killing it girl!

I think most people have moved on from this thread so I’m glad you’re keeping it going! I still check in for updates once in a while but mostly I’m focusing on building better habits at this point, one demon at a time.

Thank you for sharing your journey with us all and keep it up! [emoji173]️

Weigh in Wednesday drum roll please I am lost a whopping 4oz lol hey its not a stall!!! My eating is normal, my exercise is normal everything but my sleep has been normal. I am working on a bout of not sleeping, a few hours a night at max and then I am tired all day its nasty not sleeping, but at least I know why I had a slow week and that is something to lean my very tired head on!!!

I hope everyone has a great week up ahead