Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October '17 RNY buddies

What is your portion size of food? How much of the banana are you eating at a meal? How much shepherds pie?

I can eat a whole banana, my meal sizes are half cup and I don't always finish it all...shepards pie was only about 1/3 Yup mostly potatoes lol

Sent from my SM-G950W using BariatricPal mobile app

Our program is 2 weeks liquids...anything high Protein preferred, milk, cream Soups, Greek yogurt, high protein oatmeal made runny with milk, 1 week soft foods such as cottage cheese, poached or scrambled eggs, mashed potatoes, if you .ca mash with a fork it's good...then at 3 weeks start on real food 1 at a time and see how it feels

Sent from my SM-G950W using BariatricPal mobile app

I can have Greek yogurt & cottage cheese next week. As well as fruit or veggie smoothies [emoji4]
Never thought I’d be so excited about yogurt lmao

Really? I’m sooo jealous [emoji31]
I’m still on clear and milk liquids.< br>I’m not allowed soft cheese or purées for another 2 weeks I think

You’ll get there . I was dying . We go from Clear Liquids / milk Protein to soft. No puréed stage . But I did try scrambled egg and nope . Did not set well maybe I will try it in a chicken salad or something Z later . Weird how all programs are different . I can’t have fruits and veggies yet . And that’s what I want a banana sounds so good and a salad. I just want a salad but that’s like the last thing I can have. Like week 10

This is my Journey to Joy !

I can have Greek yogurt & cottage cheese next week. As well as fruit or veggie smoothies [emoji4]
Never thought I’d be so excited about yogurt lmao

Lol I wish I could have bananas ! Or fruit !!

I have been able to eat pretty much anything that will become a paste in my mouth. If it gets stuck, which none have, then I’ll know to keep chewing. I️ had a chicken breast with avocado and salsa. I️ ate maybe a tsp or two ... otherwise I️ eat hummus, cottage cheese, deli slice of chicken wrapped around a mozzarella stick... I️ can only eat 1/3 of it. I share with my 2 yr old; a lot! My go-to has been chili puréed with shredded cheese and sour cream, I️ do have a hard time adding unflavored Protein Powder to things... it ruins it lol... and idk how much to add to make it worth while ... I️ was told by my NUT that I️ need to start stretching my pouch... so I️ need to eat a piece of toast once a day. I’m so nervous to stretch my pouch! I’m not eating the volume I’m supposed to at this point... 1/3 cup. I’m 3 weeks 2 days.

I am eating too well that i am kind of nervous, I can have a cup of food without much problem.... I am loosing weight every day.... So I guess it is ok....

I am 2 weeks post op today ...my Dr has advised 4 weeks liquid and then 4 weeks purée, this seems excessive compared to everyone elses I've read.
Also struggling to eat enough calories on liquid and my weight stalled for 9 days as think it had gone into starvation mode :/ can't wait to be back to normality of small solid food portions and being able to join a gym !!

What's other peoples 2 weeks post op stories like???

Journey started 28/10/17 @ 18 stone 1 lb

I had two weeks liquids, then two of puree foods, but I felt so good by the third week , that I started sampling beef, pork and chicken, and it is all good.. I do combine my Proteins with avocado or salsas, and that helps, and chew really good into a puree and all goes down pretty smooth.... The only thing that I have not tried is bread and pastas....

Today, someone took a random photo of me that I didn’t automatically hate. 17 more pounds and I’ll be at the lowest weight I’ve ever been as an adult, which was 15yrs ago!

Had my 5 week check up today and I am down another 12 pounds wooohoooo feeling good!!!!!

I had RNY 10/30. Have you experienced any stalling of weight loss?

Merideth I stalled for about three days . I am your surgery twin

How have you down with weight loss? HW: 297 SW: 284 CW: 265

Sent from my SM-J327P using BariatricPal mobile app

Hw:355.8
Sw:330.5
Cw:319.2