Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October '17 RNY buddies

Hi -- I'm new here. Scheduled for gastric bypass Oct. 16. Very nervous but excited.

On ‎10‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 4:18 PM, karen_marie said:

OMG soooo excite! Bought my Protein Powder for my liquid diet. Going to spend the next few days ordering some things I need off Amazon. Have a work conference this week, and start my liquid diet next Thursday 10/12. SOOOOO GLAD the timing on that worked out! It would have been miserable trying to faithfully do the liquid diet while at a conference lol

off topic but how do you get that cool ticker on your profile that shows your current weight and loss

How is the surgical pain? That’s what I worry about

It feels like being sore from doing crunches and being gassy. Im going back to work tomorrow. I have to remind myself no heavy lifting or turning fast.

Sent from my SM-G920P using BariatricPal mobile app

October 3rd I feel good on full liquids no pain and soreness almost gone.i had to stay a couple extra days in hospital due to nausea but off all my pain and nausea meds at this time.thanks for all the advice.

Hw 254 Sw 230 GW 130 sleeve 10-3-17

1 hour ago, ag001 said:

It feels like being sore from doing crunches and being gassy. Im going back to work tomorrow. I have to remind myself no heavy lifting or turning fast.

Sent from my SM-G920P using BariatricPal mobile app

Ok gassy I did not know that. Work next day so soon sounds promising. I’m self employed so hard to miss work. Soreness I can deal with. I don’t know why I’m worried I had a brain surgery 2 years ago for a tumor so I’m sure it’s not that bad. The food part is biggest worry to get it right and I’m 1 week into liquid first and so far so good but it is starting to tast rather stale. My doctor is strict in only weggies inside the shake. Will get through it and loose the weight

Today is my big day took my antibacterial shower and now I smell lovely lol, and we will be heading to the hospital in about 28 minutes wow it is surreal, I am nervous, scared and excited!! Good luck to all my other 9th brothers and sisters, and also the 10ths and 11ths if there are any.

Congratulations sunny day! You got this girlfriend. Go hit that losers bench, slide all over it and then go take your life by the horns!

Sent from my SM-G930T using BariatricPal mobile app

One week from today! Can't believe it's this close. I still have bouts of nerves, but overall I'm settling down. I'm ready to begin this new phase of my life!

On 8/9/2017 at 9:34 PM, Keenikwe said:

Just got my surgery scheduled. I'm set for 10/17/17

Anyone else an October buddy yet?

me too !! I like the date ! I am new here, and I am really nervous !! I can not stop thinking about the surgery... I am excited for it, but would like to skip the recovery phase.... I am a bad patient.... :P

Edited by boliramirez

How much time do you a plan to take off work? I am a cashier supervisor so 8 hrs on my feet and some lifting and brain work my surgeon wants me off 4 weeks I am hoping to go back sooner

Sent from my SM-G950W using BariatricPal mobile app

I’m taking 2 weeks because I work at a desk and I do drive to home visits but no real heavy lifting... and to be honest I plan to still put hours in while I’m at home... so my work laptop will be coming home. I just really don’t want to be overwhelmed when I return to work...

If I had a job with lifting I would take more time for sure! My husband’s good friend had a different surgery and he died due to internal bleeding.. his kids said he was still going about living like he hadn’t had an operation. It was very sad.

I do have a 2 yr old son and I’ve been getting him ready for this for a few months now. He now walks everywhere and holds my hand, he will climb into our van and he’ll climb into his seat. He enjoys getting out of the seat too and then jumps out of the van. That was my biggest worry. This last month I’ve been trying to just comfort him by sitting down and I’ll hold him when he needs it. He’s fully transitioned into his own room and bed and hasn’t crawled in with us in a number of weeks. I’m sad about that, but after I recover it won’t matter. I just didn’t want him to experience shock of mama being so different it would frustrate him or something.