Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Very saggy lady bits and only half way there!

Do I have to say TMI in a ladies forum? If so...TMI! Just a little venting.

I've lost 95 pounds so far which is 51% toward my goal so I still have a ways to go before plastics would be recommended/wanted. I was expecting saggy skin and wasnt too concerned about it right away because I knew it was just part of this life. What I wasn't expecting was having SO much extra skin on and around my genitals! Theres at least 3 inches of excess skin on EACH side of EACH interior and exterior folds. That's 12 inches of extra skin around my vagina! Then there is literally a full hand-full of extra skin in the front pubic region. My bum around this area is saggy as well which is creating so much more of a droopy look/feel. Ive already experience a UTI, which I feel is from all of this extra skin and folds. I shower daily, drink at least 72oz of Water, and wear airy dresses just because thats my style, but it also keep things from getting too warm/moist so getting a UTI should be rare.

I almost feel like there should be some sort of underwear created to keep this region pulled in yet allow a natural amount of air flow. "V-Spanx"!!! What in the world can I do for the next 95 pounds until I feel surgery is warranted? Anyone else have ideas that might work??

When your weight stabilizes it tightens up. I had more loose skin at the 230-210 range than I do now.

This makes me feel a lot better. Thanks! I'll just have to take extra care until then to make sure I don't get any more UTIs

4 minutes ago, OutsideMatchInside said:

When your weight stabilizes it tightens up. I had more loose skin at the 230-210 range than I do now.

Do I have to say TMI in a ladies forum? If so...TMI! Just a little venting.
I've lost 95 pounds so far which is 51% toward my goal so I still have a ways to go before plastics would be recommended/wanted. I was expecting saggy skin and wasnt too concerned about it right away because I knew it was just part of this life. What I wasn't expecting was having SO much extra skin on and around my genitals! Theres at least 3 inches of excess skin on EACH side of EACH interior and exterior folds. That's 12 inches of extra skin around my vagina! Then there is literally a full hand-full of extra skin in the front pubic region. My bum around this area is saggy as well which is creating so much more of a droopy look/feel. Ive already experience a UTI, which I feel is from all of this extra skin and folds. I shower daily, drink at least 72oz of Water, and wear airy dresses just because thats my style, but it also keep things from getting too warm/moist so getting a UTI should be rare.
I almost feel like there should be some sort of underwear created to keep this region pulled in yet allow a natural amount of air flow. "V-Spanx"!!! What in the world can I do for the next 95 pounds until I feel surgery is warranted? Anyone else have ideas that might work??

Wow when you said saggy lady bits i assumed your breasts were saggy..lol I wasn't expecting you to say down THERE.. this is a whole other thing. I didn't even know you can have extra skin down there. Crap...something else to worry about [emoji27]

Sent from my SM-N910C using BariatricPal mobile app

sleeping without undies can help with airflow.. depending on how your legs are positioned.

I would be a little surprised that lack of airflow caused a uti. Sometimes they just happen.. but if this becomes a frequent thing, be sure to get evaluated by a urologist.

I don't think the lack of air flow caused the UTI. If anything you would get a yeast infection. UTIs just happen,

15 hours ago, soready17 said:

Wow when you said saggy lady bits i assumed your breasts were saggy..lol I wasn't expecting you to say down THERE.. this is a whole other thing. I didn't even know you can have extra skin down there. Crap...something else to worry about

Sent from my SM-N910C using BariatricPal mobile app

Right, I was thinking about the breasts as well. LOL! Alright, on a serious note. I had the same concerns, but as I really got into working out, it tightened up and was I so excited to finally see my "HooHa", without lifting the gut. GIRL, YASSSSSS!!! Ehem, alright, back to what I was saying. I agree w/ the above, as you workout things will tighten and once you've met goal or are very close to it, you can attempt to get your breast lift/ reduction and Panni. The insurance just approved my lift/reduction.

Thanks for the laugh ladies!!! This has been my concern. So I had a TT 2 years ago. Painful, but it did exactly what i wanted. However, I swear I now look like a Ken doll:-(. I have to always wear shirts that go past my girl bits now. So, yes, I've researched this. You can have your lips trimmed and Lipo for the front. You can look like a new woman. After I lose the weight I want to lose, if things aren't the way I want them, I WILL be having this surgery. Married for 22 years and no chance of anyone else seeing it. But for ME, this is importantLOL!!

Agreed ladies! Exercise should help again and I'm awaiting the appropriate time for surgery. Right now my bum is so saggy near the perenium, I've been chaffing on my inner "cheek" for a few weeks! Its uncomfortable and keeps me up a bit at night.
So right now I will just have to talk to my surgeon about options until I can do a lift.

HW: 328 (02/09/17)
SW: 271 (05/24/17)
CW: 228 (100# gone!)

Look for Ladies Monkey Butt powder, it really helps with chafing. If you can't find it in stores, it's available on Amazon. Besides it's a funny name to say :). Good luck on your journey.

Walmart carries it. I learned about it when I was a runner. Also, BodyGlide is well worth mentioning if you chafe.

On 8/11/2017 at 4:55 PM, Lovergurl said:

Thanks for the laugh ladies!!! This has been my concern. So I had a TT 2 years ago. Painful, but it did exactly what i wanted. However, I swear I now look like a Ken doll:-(. I have to always wear shirts that go past my girl bits now. So, yes, I've researched this. You can have your lips trimmed and Lipo for the front. You can look like a new woman. After I lose the weight I want to lose, if things aren't the way I want them, I WILL be having this surgery. Married for 22 years and no chance of anyone else seeing it. But for ME, this is importantLOL!!

I did that two months ago, the vulvaplasty. I completely understand how you're feeling and I tell ya, you'll feel amazing after that is done. I will not go into too much detail, but the work you and your husband will be very pleased with.

10 hours ago, heycrystal2052 said:

I did that two months ago, the vulvaplasty. I completely understand how you're feeling and I tell ya, you'll feel amazing after that is done. I will not go into too much detail, but the work you and your husband will be very pleased with.

That is awesome. I'm glad you are pleased with it. I'm sure I will have to do this just because my skin is not as elastic as it used to be. That's ok. I'm ready to feel like a new woman!!

Mine got saggy and sad and loose and my Tummy Tuck surgeon lifted them and it looks a lot better. :) be hopeful.

I'm glad this topic came up, because I've been a little concerned about how that general vicinity would fair once the weight really started coming off. It's definitely plump, just like me (I joke with my sister that I can grab a handful of it due to the fat deposits in the hood). I thought maybe a Tummy Tuck would help that loose skin, very happy to hear that seems to be the case!