Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

11 months out and hit a massive stall

Hi all, so i'm nearly 11 months out and so far lost 141lbs but the last 3 week i have hit a brick wall and struggling to to shift any more now, i'm really careful with my intake with volume of food and carbs & cals etc, i'm tempted now to go back onto Protein Shakes for a week to see if i can kick start the loss again, my partner doesn't want me to as she thinks im becoming obsessed with it now, other than the shakes can anyone else recommend anything for me to try, im at the gym 3 times a week.

Cheers.

WOW - you have done amazing. Congratulations!!

Don't fret... I've heard it's very common to hit these wall. the scale might not be moving but you are losing inches. Don't let the scale rule you. It can be a horrible thing sometimes. I'm not even close to your 11 months but I at only three weeks hit a week stall myself. But my belts dropped another notch (they are an inch apart).

If you have already evaluated your consumption and know your doing well on your intake. Just keep going. Your body will catch up. Your down quite a bit and will definitely be losing slower than those who are much heavier.

But some tips maybe, if you are not already doing these are keep a food diary for a week and take to your nutritionist. Make sure its very detailed and maybe they can see or help to make sure its all good. Also working out and cardio are different. Make sure your adding some cardio during your gym times.

Hope all goes well. Keep us updated.

GrInS :)

This has no science bases. But it have heard for people eating low fat that some healthy fat can break a stall. Like take a tablespoon of evoo or coconut oil. Supposedly, the body can maintain fat stores if it detects stress or starvation. A dose of good fat tells the body " no there is plenty, we are not starving".

Again no science here. But hell try it and see.

This has no science bases. But it have heard for people eating low fat that some healthy fat can break a stall. Like take a tablespoon of evoo or coconut oil. Supposedly, the body can maintain fat stores if it detects stress or starvation. A dose of good fat tells the body " no there is plenty, we are not starving".

I agree and I've seen this personally. I eat little to no simple carbs but if I add a bite or two when I'm in a stall it seems to kick me out of the stall and I lose a couple pounds.

I guess you could up your gym time/run time to 5 times a week, make sure you are getting enough calories (too much calorie restriction can cause stalls), measure yourself to see if what you are really doing is redistributing your weight/muscle ratio, etc.

6 hours ago, Dabearo said:

Simple carbohydrates are broken down quickly by the body to be used as energy. Simple carbohydrates are found naturally in foods such as fruits, milk, and milk products. They are also found in processed and refined sugars such as candy, table sugar, syrups, and soft drinks.< /span>

I'm that person who had to find what a simple carb is, lol. The carbs are really confusing to me, good vs. bad, drive me bonkers. If I run into a stall, I'll try this. Thank you!