Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am 3 days in and no hunger. Its really weird because I should be dying with what I am actually consuming but I feel totally fine. It's those damn TV commercials I want to kill! I always say to my daughter when she needs to eat that she is Hangry. (Hunger make her Angry) So although I am not hungry I miss eating. I assume this is part of the process I believe this will help me give food less of an important place in my life. Each of us has a different journey and each of us has different relationships with food. I think its awesome to be one of those people who has to think if they ate! Instead of the person who planned their day around their meals. Good Luck!

My surgery was scheduled today!!! August 29th! All they said was no alcohol or aspirin two weeks before. I have not been dieting but now that I have a date I eating about 1400-1500 calories a day so I can lose a little before the surgery. I've only counted calories for 2 days and I'm starving. Not emotional, boredom or out-of-habit hungry BUT Real body hunger that's distracting and annoying! For those who have had the surgery, are you a lot less hungry?

Before surgery? Oh yea your 100% hungry. After? You will think you are hungry but you won't be. I thought I was hungry 3-6 days post op. Then I realized I was bored to death. The hunger went away. Now I have to remind myself to eat but that doesn't mean my tastebuds died. I made 3 diff kinda of pulled pork, little cakes, and a cucumber salad last night for a party. All I wanted to do was smash my face into it. Lol so keep in mind your brain talks to you when your stomach is silent.

Kaja

2 hours ago, kajameetsworld22 said:

My surgery was scheduled today!!! August 29th! All they said was no alcohol or aspirin two weeks before. I have not been dieting but now that I have a date I eating about 1400-1500 calories a day so I can lose a little before the surgery. I've only counted calories for 2 days and I'm starving. Not emotional, boredom or out-of-habit hungry BUT Real body hunger that's distracting and annoying! For those who have had the surgery, are you a lot less hungry?

Everyone's doctor is different. Mine didn't ask me to lose before the surgery so I was eating all my favorite things knowing I wouldn't have them for a while. After the surgery I was on a clear liquid diet for 2 weeks. I was very hungry. it was hard making dinner for my family and then sitting with a cup of black tea while they ate.

Now that I'm on soft foods I don't feel hungry at all. When I do I can eat, and the smalled bit satisfies me. Like Kaja said, sometimes you think you're hungry...alot of it for me is emotional connection to food. I'll smell dinner cooking and think I'm starving.

Hi everyone! My surgery was on August 2, so I'm in day 20 post-op. I was wondering if anyone has plateaued? I'm on the puréed phase of the diet and I started this plateau about a week ago. I'm walking at least 30min each day. My Protein levels are in the 80-90g. Calories less than 800. Fat grams are less than 15 as well. I'm following everything my nutritionist and surgeon said. Any suggestions?

Hi everyone! My surgery was on August 2, so I'm in day 20 post-op. I was wondering if anyone has plateaued? I'm on the puréed phase of the diet and I started this plateau about a week ago. I'm walking at least 30min each day. My Protein levels are in the 80-90g. Calories less than 800. Fat grams are less than 15 as well. I'm following everything my nutritionist and surgeon said. Any suggestions?

My surgery was August 7th . The first week I lost 12 lbs the second week I lost nothing. In the third week I'm down 5. Don't get discouraged the weight will continue to fall off!

My surgery was 8/9, and I'm still on liquids until 8/30, then on to puree....I am down 21 lbs so far but, have had a setback with a knee injury. Damn squats... strained my MCL. Worse part is I can't take any anti inflammatory medication. I'm using my left over pain meds to help,but worried this inactivity will slow down progress. Is everyone one else exercising daily yet?

My surgery was 8/9, and I'm still on liquids until 8/30, then on to puree....I am down 21 lbs so far but, have had a setback with a knee injury. Damn squats... strained my MCL. Worse part is I can't take any anti inflammatory medication. I'm using my left over pain meds to help,but worried this inactivity will slow down progress. Is everyone one else exercising daily yet?

Hey, we're you cleared to workout? I can't even go to the gym yet. I can walk on the treadmill but I can't lift yet. Weight training is mega important. You are gonna lose weight regardless don't go crazy and be patient you are doing awesome. I had my surgery on the 7th and I'm down 18 so 21 is awesome . Let yourself heal. Don't be discouraged !

Kaja