Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Weight loss AFTER removal of excess skin

I had LBL with fleur de lis Tummy Tuck and Lipo 7 days ago. I was 197 the day of surgery (my goal weight is 185-190). I knew there was about 8ish pounds to skin and didn't want to get to my goal and then lose another 10 from surgery. Even my PS says I should not lose anymore weight as my body is proportionate now, just need this work done.
So they ended up taking 15lbs of tissue and today (with tons of swelling) I was 191.
So I should comfortably be in the 180's when all is said and done.

Not often a insurance provider does you a favor by saying no but for what it's worth I think they did in this case. My experience was getting to goal helped the Dr create an end result I never could have dreamed of. None of us are looking for perfect but I'm telling ya when you get to goal and then have plastics .... your Dr can actually get pretty close to perfect. I had LBL in Jan and still can't believe my mid section is me. Feel free to check out my other posts that have pics.

Good luck with your final push to goal weight you're got a great motivation to get there and stay there.

Cheering you on!!!!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• jparadigm

Happy Wednesday!

I hope everyone is having a lovely week so far! 
      It's been a bit of a struggle this last week...I'm hungry ALL the time.
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Have a great Wednesday too! Sorry you're hungry all the time, I'm pretty much the same..and I'm sick of eating the same food all the time.

• ChunkCat

Well, tomorrow I go in for an impromptu hiatal hernia repair after ending up in the ER over the weekend because I couldn't get food down and water was moving at a trickle... I've been having these symptoms on and off for a few weeks but Sunday was the worst by far and came with chest pain and trouble breathing. The ER PA thinks it is just esophagitis and that the surgeon and radiologist are wrong. But the bariatric surgeon swears it is a hernia, possibly a sliding one based on my symptoms. So he fit me into his schedule this week to repair it! I hope he's right and this sorts it out. He's going to do a scope afterwards to be sure there is nothing wrong with the esophagus. Here's hoping it all goes well!!
      · 2 replies
      1. AmberFL

omgsh!! Hope all goes well!! Keeping you in my thoughts!

2. gracesmommy2

Hope you’re doing well!

• jparadigm

Hello lovlies!
      Today is a beautiful day in west Michigan! I hope you all have a beautiful Tuesday and rest of your week!! 🤗
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Clueless_girl

Having gall bladder surgery in a few days and I so hope the recovery is easier than the one from the modified DS! I could use a bit of luck/pep talk for a change. I'm starting to be able to walk around without experiencing dizziness, but it would be great if the random pain in my chest and abdomen would go away!!
      · 0 replies
    • Dawn 1974

4/4/2024 - new patient orientation. Wt 313
      4/5/2024 - got all my lab work done.
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!