Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Is Belite Weight still in business??

I'm trying to help a friend with no insurance do some research but I haven't seen anything recent online about them. I haven't even gotten a response from my email to them yet.

I used Belite, I highly do NOT recommend them! They are about the money & that's it! I went to them for my sleeve back in 2011, when I would have a question they would not respond, or they would keep putting me off, but if I held back on a payment they were on the phone & sending me lots of emails demanding their money.

As I said, I do NOT recommend them!

Lauri

I went with Dr. Illan. Had a good experience.

6 hours ago, LauriDJ said:

I used Belite, I highly do NOT recommend them! They are about the money & that's it! I went to them for my sleeve back in 2011, when I would have a question they would not respond, or they would keep putting me off, but if I held back on a payment they were on the phone & sending me lots of emails demanding their money.

As I said, I do NOT recommend them!

Lauri

I AGREE whoe Heartily!! My hubby had his Sleeve done June of 2016. They are about the money all the way!! Plus the hospital we were at left tons to be desired!! They didn't use gloves, or hand santizer!! We had to bring our own wash clothes!! The $50.00 we paid for his pain meds were a joke!! I could go on and on but...I just got told yesterday that I talk to much about my husbands surgery and my own!! Far be it from me I better shut up. Good Luck

Sherrie,
This site is a safe place to talk about both of your surgeries all you want, that is why it's here.
If you EVER want to talk about anything, please feel free to private message me ANYTIME about ANYTHING!

Sent from my SM-G955U using BariatricPal mobile app

OK, I have to add this, it is NOT the Dr's that I had an issue with, I found the Dr's to be great, it was the group that recruited for the Dr's, which was Belite, JoAnne especially, now granted the week that I went her son had been killed, but she was still there, as was 3 others, and as I said, I wouldn't give you .02 cents for the group at all!

Thanks everyone! Lauri and Sherri, thank you for sharing some of your experiences. That's why we're here. I want to hear the good and the bad. There should never be a problem with saying who you would, or wouldn't recommend. It all factors in with helping others make informed decisions.

7 hours ago, LauriDJ said:

Sherrie,
This site is a safe place to talk about both of your surgeries all you want, that is why it's here.
If you EVER want to talk about anything, please feel free to private message me ANYTIME about ANYTHING!

Thank you so much!! That is exactly what I said to him. Also, I am sure that he talks about his journey too. He made it out to be that I was stealing another guys thunder without being asked too. When I was only trying to relay that my hubby had kept trying to get WLS and he weighed over 500#'s when he started way back when!! Oh well, Water under the bridge!! Again Thank you!!

You're very welcome

I used BeLiteWeight one month ago and had a great experience! Dr. Rodriguez was awesome and told me what to expect after the surgery so I wouldn't freak out. So far I am down 20 lbs. :)

I used BeLiteWeight one month ago and had a great experience! Dr. Rodriguez was awesome and told me what to expect after the surgery so I wouldn't freak out. So far I am down 20 lbs. [emoji4]

Which hospital were you at? They just changed us from Star Medica to Hospital Angeles

BeLiteWeight has two hospitals and two surgeons. Sometimes they use Hospital Angeles. I was at Star Medica, but both are used.

I’m now 6 months out. Lost 45 pounds, maintained through the holidays. Looking forward to getting back on track soon (after my birthday, which is tomorrow). Very happy with BeLiteWeight and the hospital I was at.

69DE5E31-79EF-4A1E-8EAF-C151F4463CCE.jpeg