Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm meeting two friends for dinner tomorrow at Applebee's. Does someone have a suggestion of something good? I'm 3 months post-RNY.

1 hour ago, 3boysmama said:

I'm meeting two friends for dinner tomorrow at Applebee's. Does someone have a suggestion of something good? I'm 3 months post-RNY.

Not going to Applebee's.

I'm sorry.

Get the healthiest thing they have bake, broil, and/or steam. Remember no eating and drinking at the same time. However, Applebee's would not have been my choice JUST three months post-op, too risky. Too much process foods that are high in calories and sodium. Have a fabulous time!

There's a cedar-grilled salmon, though it comes with a maple mustard glaze--maybe you could ask them to leave that off? Or just order one or two of the "side" shrimp skewers--fewer calories that way. The salmon also comes with steamed spinach; you could have the steamed broccoli and/or fire-grilled veggies as sides. Take half or three-quarters of it home for other meals! Three of the four Soups aren't bad for calories: Tomato basil, chicken tortilla, or southwest steak and black bean: avoid the French onion. (Also avoid any other appetizers, they're ludicrous in terms of calories.) There really doesn't seem to be any way to get plain grilled chicken or fish there, though. Remember to focus on seeing your friends and eat really slowly.

Good luck!

They have a great healthy, no cal/low carb menu. I haven't been there in a bit, but I used to get the beef w/ steamed veggies.

IMG_4175.thumb.JPG.c4bec20d7a7ab82142275aa75670c7af.JPG

I'm thinking about this, minus the mashed potatoes. And, of course, I'll only be able to eat like 3 bites

I'm thinking about this, minus the mashed potatoes. And, of course, I'll only be able to eat like 3 bites

That may not be the best choice, what other options do they have? The last time I was there, I was post-op and that was almost two years ago. I'll go check out their menu, as well.

Nutrition Facts
Calories help 700 (2929 kJ)
Calories from fat help 288
% Daily Value 1
Total Fathelp 32g 49%
Sat. Fathelp 11g 55%
Trans Fathelp 0.5g
Cholesterolhelp 165mg 55%
Sodium 2370mg 99%
Total Carbs.help 47g 16%
Dietary Fiberhelp 5g 20%
Sugarshelp 15g
Proteinhelp 52g

This recipe is done w/out the sides.

Edited by heycrystal2052

Applebee's has lots and lots of choices. What about their chicken salad, and your shrimp idea is a great idea. I go out to eat all the time. I travel a lot. I just eat in moderation and make as healthy choice as I can. Enjoy your meal, your friends, and whatever you do will be fine. If I could not eat out, I wouldn't be eating because I am 75% traveling. I was just sleeved 7/10/2017. I had the lap band for 6 years before that.

Looked at your stats...You are doing wonderful. Keep up the great work!..I vote for the grilled shrimp!!! yum

Edited by larta

I appreciate everyone's input! I did get the caprese chicken and it was wonderful. I rarely get in all my calories, so I didn't think that would be an issue. I got grilled veggies instead of mashed potatoes, but I only ate about a 1/3 of the meal, and that was over 3 hours time. I had a fabulous evening... :)

Way to go!! Glad you had a good time!

I get the won ton chicken tacos without the Cole slaw.