Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Well, got my first negativity since surgery

I am very open and have told everyone that I work with about my surgery. So far everyone has been supportive. I'm the kind of person that is easy going, mellow and gets along with everyone. We work 12 hr shifts 3 days a week so its not uncommon to not see someone for a couple weeks if were on opposite scheduled. Last night one of the girls that I've always talked with and had a good rapport came in for the next shift. I waved to her and nothing but figured she didn't see me. Then sure came to the desk and set her papers down 2 seats away from me then picked them back up and moved to another set of computers and stated talking to someone. I started to feel a little weird then but ok. Then a few mins later she turned around and looked at me and said, "so what do you eat now like 6 lima Beans a day. " Holy mother of f@#$ing hell. I wanted to punch in her face. I feel so betrayed right now. Of course, I treated her like one of my bitchy patients and replied no, I eat full meals and Snacks and they're just smaller portions. Then she said "Well why would you ever want to do rhat to yourself, I'm trying the blah blah diet right now. " I explained how I've tried other things and the weight always came back on and that I already feel alot better with the small amount of weight Ive lost. Then she says, "Well you know, (former co-worker) had that done and lost a few lbs then gained it all back again. " I gave no response. I'm done. I don't brag at work and wasn't even taking about my weight loss to anyone until they bring it up. I just felt like she was my friend and thought she'd be happy not a salty bit@%.

I am very open and have told everyone that I work with about my surgery. So far everyone has been supportive. I'm the kind of person that is easy going, mellow and gets along with everyone. We work 12 hr shifts 3 days a week so its not uncommon to not see someone for a couple weeks if were on opposite scheduled. Last night one of the girls that I've always talked with and had a good rapport came in for the next shift. I waved to her and nothing but figured she didn't see me. Then sure came to the desk and set her papers down 2 seats away from me then picked them back up and moved to another set of computers and stated talking to someone. I started to feel a little weird then but ok. Then a few mins later she turned around and looked at me and said, "so what do you eat now like 6 lima Beans a day. " Holy mother of f@#$ing hell. I wanted to punch in her face. I feel so betrayed right now. Of course, I treated her like one of my bitchy patients and replied no, I eat full meals and Snacks and they're just smaller portions. Then she said "Well why would you ever want to do rhat to yourself, I'm trying the blah blah diet right now. " I explained how I've tried other things and the weight always came back on and that I already feel alot better with the small amount of weight Ive lost. Then she says, "Well you know, (former co-worker) had that done and lost a few lbs then gained it all back again. " I gave no response. I'm done. I don't brag at work and wasn't even taking about my weight loss to anyone until they bring it up. I just felt like she was my friend and thought she'd be happy not a salty bit@%.

Lima beans? Her choice of food is just as lame as she is. Let her watch you shrink to goal weight and continue to be bitter. Unhappy people try to make other people unhappy. Stay positive and keep being awesome. [emoji173]️

Never explain yourself to idiots. Next time look her in the eyes and say, none of your effn business what I eat. Go f yourself. Sorry to be blunt, but she deserved it.
Hugggsss. I hate to see people made to feel bad because we are saving our lives! !!!
She was not,a true friend. Good thing you found out now.
You go girl! ! Keep on, keeping on.!!

My reply to the rudeness will be much worse...lol

HW 274 SW 263 GW 125 GASTRIC SLEEVE 7/21/17. Height 5'1" instagram K_aane_VSG

Sounds like a classic case of her insecurity. Too bad people don't come with an ignore button.