Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Gained almost all my weight back

13 hours ago, NuNu2005 said:

Why are your panties in a bunch for someone responding to your opinion with their own opinion????? I recall you responding to my comment suggesting counseling for a person who is more than likely-as I am not there- eating for emotional reasons rather than nourishment as we all have-thats how we ended up here (some people ride on a HIGH HORSE)...Doesn't that make you a hypocrite? IJS If you want to make comments on the internet expect a response-again just MY OPINION

DA-N me siding with Heycrystal...Something I never expected

Again, I've said what I said and that's the end of that! Who don't like it bite it!!! If you choke that is your business. If most of us was half-way honest with ourselves you would be singing another tune. I did not lose all my weight and regained it back. The mindset, attitude and behavior must change for any long-term success there is no excuses. Stop the enabling poor behavior. The stomach is stretched out, so no matter how you diet is not going to be the same because, as soon as she switch back to solid food she may eat the same things again and regain because she still has to eat more to be satisfied...the store is not going to get any closer and she will still will be in grieving mode. Then what?!?! All of us knows how to tell our store to tug on peoples heart strings but the fact remain unchanged...excuses, excuses, excuses! Most of y'all are use to your own pity party anyway and never had a person be blunt with you. If I had change the tone or my words the passage would have slip pass like all the others. I don't need to be like everyone else and/or share the same opinion as others to be supportive. It's an opinion take it or leave no harm done. And I was very please with my weight. I did the surgery for medical reasons. I am very solid so I don't look like I weight 250 before surgery. I did it for my health and husband (he was concern about family health history). And fyi I do not wear panties...Thank you very much!

p.s. If and when I do ask for people advice or opinion on here I hope that they will be blunt and honest no beating around the bush!

I am 2 weeks out of surgery today. I never thought I was an emotional eater but during the last two weeks I have realized that certain commercials, certain social situations, an emotional day, Etc have triggered a feeling that I am hungry. Then when I think about it I realize I really am not hungry I haven't felt hungry since surgery. I always thought that I ate too much because I really just liked food and ate too much of it, but now I realize I must have been an emotional eater and will have to learn how to deal with that as I continue this journey. I am sure the OP would definitely benefit from therapy not only for food issues but I'm sure it would help a lot with dealing with the incredible amount of emotional trauma she has had to deal with in the recent past.

Sent from my SM-G935V using BariatricPal mobile app

5 hours ago, Sammie1221 said:

Again, I've said what I said and that's the end of that! Who don't like it bite it!!! If you choke that is your business. If most of us was half-way honest with ourselves you would be singing another tune. I did not lose all my weight and regained it back. The mindset, attitude and behavior must change for any long-term success there is no excuses. Stop the enabling poor behavior. The stomach is stretched out, so no matter how you diet is not going to be the same because, as soon as she switch back to solid food she may eat the same things again and regain because she still has to eat more to be satisfied...the store is not going to get any closer and she will still will be in grieving mode. Then what?!?! All of us knows how to tell our store to tug on peoples heart strings but the fact remain unchanged...excuses, excuses, excuses! Most of y'all are use to your own pity party anyway and never had a person be blunt with you. If I had change the tone or my words the passage would have slip pass like all the others. I don't need to be like everyone else and/or share the same opinion as others to be supportive. It's an opinion take it or leave no harm done. And I was very please with my weight. I did the surgery for medical reasons. I am very solid so I don't look like I weight 250 before surgery. I did it for my health and husband (he was concern about family health history). And fyi I do not wear panties...Thank you very much!

p.s. If and when I do ask for people advice or opinion on here I hope that they will be blunt and honest no beating around the bush!

First of all, it is my opinion you need a dictionary and a high school English course (or at least utilize the spellcheck, but I guess that won't work if you keep saying store instead of story...) ASAP. Reading this post is like deciphering through a foreign language no one speaks but you so its unclear, unfocused and not blunt. Secondly, most women who are under 6' tall and weigh 250 lbs -this could be you as I have no idea of your stats- are obese so its my opinion that you're not in a position to tell anyone to get real with themselves. Especially since you stated above you were happy being potentially obese. Again, it's my opinion you should have some compassion as you've obviously eaten yourself into a hole deep enough for people to worry about your health. Compassion aside yes we should all be doing better but what's that saying about people in glass houses throwing stones.... Thirdly, girl have a snickers, you're not yourself when you're hungry-Oh my God, here I am with my opinion again.

6 hours ago, Sammie1221 said:

What excuses are you telling the store and what do you get from the store with these excuses? I gotta know...

6 hours ago, Sammie1221 said:

and finally, You don't wear panties...

#TMI

#eww:mellow:

#nasty:wacko:

When I approached Alex Brecher to ask him to form this Regain/Back on Track forum, it was out of sheer need for me. I am 3 years post op and have struggled with a serious amount of regain and having a heck of a hard time losing it.

Please keep in mind that whoever we all are, wherever we are in the world etc., we may not have access to support groups, therapists, or even our surgeon. In my case, I moved and had to leave behind my surgeon, family doctor, support group and everything familiar. We all have different stories and cases that make our regain as individual as our original weight-loss-surgery stories.

Please remember to be kind and gracious to each other as this group is all that some of us HAVE in the form of therapy or support.

Thanks

19 hours ago, mi75 said:

When I approached Alex Brecher to ask him to form this Regain/Back on Track forum, it was out of sheer need for me. I am 3 years post op and have struggled with a serious amount of regain and having a heck of a hard time losing it.

Please keep in mind that whoever we all are, wherever we are in the world etc., we may not have access to support groups, therapists, or even our surgeon. In my case, I moved and had to leave behind my surgeon, family doctor, support group and everything familiar. We all have different stories and cases that make our regain as individual as our original weight-loss-surgery stories.

Please remember to be kind and gracious to each other as this group is all that some of us HAVE in the form of therapy or support.

Thanks

You're absolutely right. Maybe I got a little carried away but I've always hated to see anyone being mistreated. It really annoys me but I also have to remember to keep others in mind...

@Sammie1221 You sound so angry to people 'honestly' calling you out after you called out the OP!!! <grin>

#1 - I am pre-op and cannot in any way, shape, or form give advice to post-op on issues, only support. And neither can you - why you might ask - you have only been sleeved a short time and have no experience to give to the OP on what she is facing. You don't have months and months of the journey to give any perspective on being close to goal and then blowing it with old demons.

#2 - Your diatribe will not help her. Honesty is okay but delivering it cruelly will shut her ears to any useful advice that you might have. Most obese people are already cruel enough to themselves, plus have suffered from undeserved cruelty from plenty of other people.

#3 - I am quite sure the OP already knows what she has done and what triggered her lapse, she was looking for suggestions, encouragement to get back in line, and human kindness.

#4 - On inspection of your post your anger could be because you are not being honest about your need for this surgery either.

I do wish you (and all of us) the best possible outcomes, it's what we all want.

Edited by Sosewsue61

Hugs OP. I won't say much, as there seems to be arguing no matter what post its on..

I want to say, I am so sorry for your loss,and I understand its easy to run to what has brought you comfort in the past, drastic unexpected changes (Eg, loss of a loved one , even if it was expected its not easy to come to terms with) make us want to revert to old habits that kept up feeling 'safe' , please consider bereavement counselling.

My pm box is always open.

Sammie's original post is pretty close to what I would have said (I didn't read the rest of the back and forth). A diet is not exactly what OP needs at this point. They need some counseling and coping skills so they are not self soothing with food. It is helpful to learn how to handle your emotions and not self soothe with food prior to surgery but everyone doesn't get there. You can get there post-op but it is easier if you get there pre-op.

You can't really conquer an addiction without getting the root cause of the addiction.

• If you overeat because you grew up in a family with food instability, you have to learn how to make yourself feel comfortable that you don't have to gorge there will always be food available.
  • If you have demons that you are feeding with food instead of drugs or alcohol you have to work on those demons.
  • If you just eat your emotions, you have to work on other ways to handle those emotions.
  • If you reward yourself with food, you have to find other ways to reward yourself.

Honestly the same people post the same issues about not being able to lose or being unable to maintain all the time. People give them honest good advice about food and eating but guess what it never works. The reason it doesn't work is because they have not corrected their emotional issues. Trying to out diet your feelings is just like trying to out train your diet. You can't burn enough calories in the gym to overcome a bad diet (you can erase 2 hours of working out in 2 minutes with one bad food choice).

You cannot diet your way out of emotional issues. It just doesn't work. Read these forums for a couple years and it is painfully obvious.

On 8/5/2017 at 6:45 PM, koppeyc said:

Help....I am 2 years post op...had 20 lbs to lose to reach my goal....my sister had a stroke, my mother-in-law passed away now my father in-law is not well....oh yea and I lost my job...now I need to lose 50 pounds....I am not even going for my check-ups because I know the doctor will yell at me...I am so upset with myself....could someone give me any suggestions on how I can get back on track pleaseemoji30.png

Please forgive my ignorance. I am an emotional eater. I know this, I own this. I'm scheduled for Sept 27th. How did you gain this back? What are you doing? or eating I should say? I've done a ton of research and it's so hard for me to imagine that amount of weight gain when you can eat about 1 cup at a sitting. I'm at my weight because I ate WAY more than that for too long. I know the wls is a tool, but still there should be restriction. I know for me personally, I seem to be making the connection that all the food I ate never really did help my stress. Instead, I just felt intense quilt. I did make this decision because of the desire to be healthy and seeing relatives living unhappy lives because of all their health problems. I guess it comes down to that donut really isn't going to fix what you are feeling. But I bet a walk outdoors, a pedicure, cleaning your home could help out in the moment.

@Lovergurl

Once a person is healed they can easily consume the same amount of food as a person that has not had surgery depending on what they are eating.

You can graze (eat all day) and eat a whole large pizza, actually if it is thin crust it won't even take all day.

Down a whole bag of family size chips in probably an hour, they slide right through

chicken salad, especially if the meat is shredded and there is enough mayo, you could eat a ton of it, mayo is high in calories.

Milkshakes from anywhere are a liquid, so a person a year or 2 out could easily have a large milkshake from like Steak N shake, that is about 900 calories in one sitting, and if you were eating food with it, you could consume more food because it would push the food right through.

Most sleevers can only have 3-5 ounces of dense Protein. That is about all a sleeve can handle comfortably. Most foods are not dense protein though, so you can eat a lot more of them. I could probably eat 8 ounces of more of deli meat at once. Something like Chili and sloppy joe are sliders, I could have a a whole skillet of sloppy joe.

Once you are fully healed, nothing stops you from over eating but you. Anyone can easily eat around WLS.

@OutsideMatchInside Thank you, that makes sense. I've never been a grazer, so I think that's a good thing. Sounds like it's the type of food that makes a huge difference.

@Lovergurl

I was never a grazer either pre-op. I liked having one or 2 big meals a day, which was part of my problem.

WLS makes it easy to become a grazer just because you eat such small amounts, that if you don't eat the right thing you will be hungry soon after.

I can eat 4 ounces of steak by itself and be full for hours. If I have 2-3 ounces of steak on top of a salad, I will be hungry in an hour, because the salad adds moisture and basically makes it a slider.

The food choices post-op matter A LOT for how much you can and can't eat. Dense Protein is always going to be just a few ounces, everything else, will be at or almost at normal levels. I could eat a whole slice of cake or cheesecake for example.

@OutsideMatchInside

So do you just stick to the dense Protein? When do you have the veggies, etc My daughter is a fitness guru and she basically says I should be off of course the "white foods" but also off dairy and limited complex carbs.