Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm terrified to give away my fat clothes now that I'm tiny!

Many years ago I topped out with a 44 waist. Through dieting I went down to a 38 waist. I went to a friend who took my 44 and 42 waist pants to his church and they were taken by people who could use them. Subsequently I went back to size 40's and since I didn't give them away I didn't have to buy new clothes. As others have said, you can part with the larger size clothing.

I've given away all my clothes....all of them. I don't want them around ever again

I agree. Git rid of them damn clothes

Berry78, I'm 5'7 and I'm 1yr post surgery and have gotten down from a size 24-6. I didn't want to get into a 6. I tried slowing it down but I can't seem to stop losing. Unfortunately, I hate my body now. I was always a 5 until a horrible accident that left me paralyzed for 8 months. I'm lucky to be alive really, and to be able to get back down to my size is a miracle in itself. Way to go on your weight loss

Congrats on your success!!! That's awesome!!! I totally feel your pain on this one.

I think sort and store everything by size. Sell the top size now!!!! And save that money For some great new cloths. Then each year (maybe on your surgiversary) repeat....selling the highest size. Hopefully with each year you'll feel more confident in your new body and this can be an annual reward that actually pays!!!

Now you have a goal each year to maintain with a reward at the end.

For what it's worth, I'm 3 yrs post op and still solidly maintaining. Both my new lifestyle and weight.

Good luck!!!!!

I have the same closet and I can't wait to say I'm "tiny!" I can't wait to get there, I will gladly give ALL the big stuff away....I'm NEVER turning back!!!!

I might even have a fat clothes burning party for one - dancing around the flames naked!!!!

12 minutes ago, celticNgel said:

I might even have a fat clothes burning party for one - dancing around the flames naked

By increasing your crowd size above "one", you could sell tickets and potentially have a treasure chest of $$$ to fund new smaller sized clothing.

<GRIN>

Well, there you go!

I bounce between sizes now that I'm a straight size so I only keep the sizes I'm currently in. For example I'm currently a 12/14 depending on brands so I just packaged all of my 16s up and gave them away. Knowing I have nothing to wear if I gain weight allows me to be more diligent that I'm making good choices. I've gone from a tight 22 to a 12/14 in 9 months and I never want to go back.

I just dumped the rest of my big clothes. I kept a few favorite Ts to hang around in but most of my clothes are now my current size. I was stressing out about getting rid of them but they weren't very good clothes and i had NO room for them in my life. Both physically and emotionally. I went from a tight 20-22 to an 8. I'm happy but still want to lose maybe 20 to 30lbs. Its hard but sometimes it's so freeing to let go. It was more of a weight off of me than i thought it would be.

Sent from my SM-G925T using BariatricPal mobile app

Yeah, when I went from 191.8kg (400+ pounds) down into the 155kg area, I burnt my bridges.

I gave 22 pairs of slacks and a dozen good shirts to charity stores.

I am looking forward to giving away lots of stuff over the next 15-24 months.

Sadly, it'll all go to clothe some other morbidly obese person.