Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

When going to Mexico, I know we were encouraged to bring cash for tipping. How much and in which currency? Or is it better just to use your card ?

Cash.. they love US dollars. Amount is up to you. You'll have several different valets in the hospital, and 1 or 2 in the hotel. 2 drivers (to and from the airport) plus taxi rides around town for 2 days at hotel.

If you are by the U.S. border, US dollars. If you are further in to Mexico, pesos. I agree with berry, your tip should be the equivalent of $1-2 U.S. dollars.

I'll be in Tijuana

And thank you both for replying!

I forget that some people go further than Tijuana for surgery! Lol! And other places may not have as many valets.. my experience was with Dr. Illan.

I loved BeLiteWeight. Surgery went well and no complications.

I would assume so since its on the border, but you might want to ask your coordinator to be certain.

Anyplace on the border will take U.S. dollars. Heck - a lot of places further into Mexico will take them too. They prefer them over pesos. I went on a spring break trip once all the way down Baja California. We never had to use pesos even at our furthest point out

YES they take AMERICAN DOLLARS!!! I was in Mexicali Mexico 9/12/17 - 9/16/17 for my band to sleeve revision with Mexicali Bariatric Center. I tipped my waiter ($5) & my driver($30) because he picked me up, took me to appointments, took me to hotel, then picked me up to take me to hospital & when all was done he drove me back to San Diego for my return trip home. Really that was all that "waited" on me. I'm not a needy type of person so I really didn't have to have anybody do anything for me! This was a VERY POSITIVE EXPERIENCE!! Went by myself & ALL was SAFE & Secure even while caring $7000.00 in cash!!

I wish the tipping system would go away. Tips are supposed to be a thank you for going above and beyond what is normal, and should never be expected. These days it seems we're expected to compensate for crappy wages. I don't think so!

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using BariatricPal mobile app