Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Breast Reduction-Help Please Bra Problems

Hi Ladies

I had a breast reduction 5 1/2 week ago from a 46DDD to what I thought would be a B cup. WRONG! Just today I received the bras I ordered on Monday. They are a 44 B cup bra and they are too big in the cup. The right side cup is too big by at least 1 inch of excess material and the left cup by 1 1/2 to 1 3/4 inches of excess material. It seems to me that the right side is still swollen and there will be even more excess material when the swelling goes down. I am suppose to go back to work Tuesday. I had been wearing the surgical bras that were provided by the hospital but was told when I went back to work I could wear a regular bra.

Ladies please help as the two 44B bras I bought from a catalog do not fit. What stores should at go to, to find 44A bras? I went to Walmart and couldn't find any. Their bras were bigger than B cups. Should I not be wearing a cup bra but more of a seamless bra? If so what size would I wear as the ones I have seen in the catalogs don't go by band they are labeled s, m, l, 2x/3xL, etc.. I need front closure as I have a bad shoulder and can't get my left hand behind my back. I have heard of Breast cutlets that could be put into bras to fill them out. However I don't know what store to go to, to find them. I never expected to have such difficulty finding a bra to fit my new reduced breasts. I still have the 3 Excess skin removal surgeries for the rest of my body. Right now these breasts look and feel very small and I wonder when the rest of my body is taken care of will these breast be in proportion to the rest of my body? I never expected such a hit to my self esteem but this has taken me into a deep depression. Any suggesstions would be greatly appreciated.

First, [hugs]. This is brand new territory for you, and of course you're stressed.

Second, get out a tape measure to make sure you are accurate on your size. A sports type bra might work best for a bit too.

While you are figuring things out, you can always wear the hospital one to work.

Try Victoria Secrets. I just bought my first new bra from there. Fits perfectly.

VS does not go up to a 44 band at all.

Are you sure you are a 44 band? We are the same height, I am closer to 5'6 than 5'5 and at 207 I was a 36 or a 38 band.

Make sure you're wearing the right size band, most people don't. Try this site for measuring help--

https://www.reddit.com/r/ABraThatFits/wiki/beginners_guide/

Not sure where you live but I would suggest you go online to find a department store that does bra fittings. Get measured properly and just buy 1 bra until you know it's comfortable.
In regards to swelling that will go up and down for a few months so you may need another fitting in a couple of months.
I have had everything done breast reduction, arms, back, Circumference tummy. Everything except legs which I'm not getting done.
Try not to get upset I can assure you once everything is done you will be in proportion. It's scary but it'll def be worth it. Next time you see your surgeon let them know that your nervous that they are now to small and they may suggest a very small implant to change the shape so that it will fit into a B cup. My surgeon suggested an implant to me to give me some fullness in the top of my bra cup but I wasn't interested. He did say if I change my mind it wouldn't be an issue at a latter date and would prob sit better anyway once the breast is over the trauma of the reduction and rebuild.
If the surgical bra looks ok stay in that for a bit longer or even grab tshirt bras. Good Luck

Definitely go to a store to be measured. My daughter is a 34 G waiting for a reduction to be approved. We went to Soma. They were wonderful. They didn't have a bra that would fit her though in the store. But they measured and then brought her all of the styles in her size. I think you will be surprised.

Mich W
Hw 223, SW 217 CW 194 GW 135

Definitely get someone to measure you in store.

I did this - But - I did notice that in that first year (After I went out and bought a ton of new Bras) - That they changed.... A year later I had gone down a whole cup size....

So - Do not buy half the shop like I did - LOL - Until you know they will remain at the same size.

Hope you find some Bras that are right for you.

Edited by Scamp

I know of a great bra but they don't come cheap. But they put the tatas where they are syupposed to be and hide back fat and some arm fat!! The nae is SHAPEEZZ. They have a short Tankee and a Long Tankee. I love them. The long one helps with tummy's helps to hold the tummy in. I look far and wide and to me this is the very best one out there. I always wore Playtex comfort straps since I was in High School and these are so much better for the support. Check them out. They have a chart to help with the measurements. First let me tell you I went to JC PENNY'S for a professiona bra itting. It was a joke!! That lady didn't know any more than I did!! Good Luck. You are more than likely in shock over your new TATA'S. So sorry but check these out.

20 hours ago, OutsideMatchInside said:

VS does not go up to a 44 band at all.

Are you sure you are a 44 band? We are the same height, I am closer to 5'6 than 5'5 and at 207 I was a 36 or a 38 band.

18 hours ago, jess9395 said:

Make sure you're wearing the right size band, most people don't. Try this site for measuring help--

https://www.reddit.com/r/ABraThatFits/wiki/beginners_guide/

Outsidematchinside yes I know we have discussed the likeness and differences in our shapes. I measured a 43 so I got a 44 band. The difference between underband and across the breast is only 2" bigger which should be a B cup. B is too big.

Thanks Jess for the link. I have used the reddit method for the past 15 years. It was this method that helped me to finally find a bra that didn't cause indentations in my shoulders and got rid of the bulge in back and under my arms. So I know I measured correctly. I have always had a huge band and even after losing 290 pounds it apparently must still be huge for my weight.

20 hours ago, BMC blogger said:

Try rigby and peller

Thanks for this info. I looked at them but since I still have a lot of excess skin under my armpit/breast area and around the back I don't think these will work now. Maybe later when all the excess skin is removed as they do look like nice bras.

On 8/4/2017 at 8:15 PM, Berry78 said:

First, [hugs]. This is brand new territory for you, and of course you're stressed.

Second, get out a tape measure to make sure you are accurate on your size. A sports type bra might work best for a bit too.

While you are figuring things out, you can always wear the hospital one to work.

18 hours ago, ausmith said:

Not sure where you live but I would suggest you go online to find a department store that does bra fittings. Get measured properly and just buy 1 bra until you know it's comfortable.
In regards to swelling that will go up and down for a few months so you may need another fitting in a couple of months.
I have had everything done breast reduction, arms, back, Circumference tummy. Everything except legs which I'm not getting done.
Try not to get upset I can assure you once everything is done you will be in proportion. It's scary but it'll def be worth it. Next time you see your surgeon let them know that your nervous that they are now to small and they may suggest a very small implant to change the shape so that it will fit into a B cup. My surgeon suggested an implant to me to give me some fullness in the top of my bra cup but I wasn't interested. He did say if I change my mind it wouldn't be an issue at a latter date and would prob sit better anyway once the breast is over the trauma of the reduction and rebuild.
If the surgical bra looks ok stay in that for a bit longer or even grab tshirt bras. Good Luck

Thanks Ladies Yes this is a scary process for me. Having come from a 70 I down to a 46DDD and now who know what, but not a B I am freaking out a bit. I told the Dr I didn't want any implants. I don't mind things being taken out but putting foreign things in my body is kind of a turn off to me.

I do plan to see my surgeon on the 14th for a 7 week followup and we will be discussing the inverted nipple, uneven breasts as the left seems smaller than the right, the incorrect size and excess skin under the armpits and around the back. I thought I was happy until that B cup bra went on. The tops of the surgical bras are showing with the blouses I wanted to wear therefore I was trying to go with the type of bra I use to wear just a smaller size.

I did some research last night and found out Penny's has bra enchancers. I bought two diferent styles and when I put them in the bra and when I put the blouse on it looked so much better. I have to wear both styles in the left cup and the one style in the right cup.

9 hours ago, Missy161 said:

Definitely go to a store to be measured. My daughter is a 34 G waiting for a reduction to be approved. We went to Soma. They were wonderful. They didn't have a bra that would fit her though in the store. But they measured and then brought her all of the styles in her size. I think you will be surprised.

Mich W
Hw 223, SW 217 CW 194 GW 135

Thanks there is one in my county I will check them out.

3 hours ago, Sherrie Scharbrough said:

I know of a great bra but they don't come cheap. But they put the tatas where they are syupposed to be and hide back fat and some arm fat!! The nae is SHAPEEZZ. They have a short Tankee and a Long Tankee. I love them. The long one helps with tummy's helps to hold the tummy in. I look far and wide and to me this is the very best one out there. I always wore Playtex comfort straps since I was in High School and these are so much better for the support. Check them out. They have a chart to help with the measurements. First let me tell you I went to JC PENNY'S for a professiona bra itting. It was a joke!! That lady didn't know any more than I did!! Good Luck. You are more than likely in shock over your new TATA'S. So sorry but check these out.

Thanks for the link. I looked at those Shapeezz and they look very similar to the bras I was wearing before the reduction. I think I need to wait it out a while longer before I buy any more bras to see what happens.