Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any tips to get through pre-op liquid diet??

Hello! My name is Hope. I am in day 2 of my pre-op liquid diet. Yesterday was pretty tough but I am thinking hat is expected for the first day. If anyone has any tips or pointers that help make it easier I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

So I'm on day 3. I have a 30g Protein Shake and Water. Then I have a cup of broth and water. Then I have a cup of cherries and 16g Protein shake. Then I have a 30g of protein and a cup of salad. Then I drink water and if I'm still hungry I'll have another 10 g of protein.

When is your surgery hope?

Don't watch TV, it is full of food commercials.

Go to bed early.

I went to bed early!

I start mine Monday and am so terrified I'll cheat that I'm putting my debit card in ice so I can't hit the store! Good news, I only have to do the diet one week before surgery. Bad news, it's a full clear liquid diet. No Protein Shakes or anything. Water, broth, watered down sports drinks, and Jello. Deep breaths...

You can do it Terri. I am 1 week post op. I had to do preop for 2 weeks and I was so hungry I thought I was going to eat my children. It will pass. Just make sure you keep your total Fluid intake up so as not to get dehydrated. You will not starve but you could get easily dehydrated if you don't drink enough.

I drank Water constantly and stayed busy. I watched tv but recorded everything so I could fast forward through commercials. I had lots of anxiety about it before I started but it's wasn't as bad as I though and it went faster than I thought. sugar free Jello becAme my BFF. Lol. It also helped that all my co workers knew and no one asked me to go to lunch or ate anything in front of me (well one ate a banana and after I said to go away or i would slap it out if his hand no one did it again.). [emoji16]

I start mine Monday and am so terrified I'll cheat that I'm putting my debit card in ice so I can't hit the store! Good news, I only have to do the diet one week before surgery. Bad news, it's a full clear liquid diet. No Protein Shakes or anything. Water, broth, watered down sports drinks, and Jello. Deep breaths...

I've been on the Optifast preop diet and honestly I'd rather be doing yours. Actually, I kinda have been because the milky shakes make me want to throw up. Been living off sugar free drinks and sugar free jelly and lots of vegetables. First 3 days are hard then you don't really notice anymore (: good luck

Sent from my LG-H850 using BariatricPal mobile app

Hello! My name is Hope. I am in day 2 of my pre-op liquid diet. Yesterday was pretty tough but I am thinking hat is expected for the first day. If anyone has any tips or pointers that help make it easier I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

My surgeon only wants us drinking fruit slushes for two weeks. It's hard bc literally all I'm having is fruit and Water. When I think of cheating I just think of how much I need this surgery and how it's only 11 more days. Will power is key. Stay hydrated with water between whatever your "meals" are frfr bc if you drink enough water you won't feel the hunger. I'm on day 4 and I feel a lot of the cravings going away already.

Two purchases that were worth it so far: 1 -- I bought a Blender Bottle Protein shaker on Amazon. It's awesome. It's a water bottle with a little metal device inside so I can easily shake up a shake at work. 2 --I bought a bottle of 0 calorie, 0 carb, 0 everything mango Syrup. I'll put a splash into a shake once in a while for variety.

Thanks for all the advice and encouragement. I made it through day 1 much more easily than I thought. Mostly just feeling tired right now. Six days to go and then surgery!

Ask your nutritionist if you can have egg drop Soup. I was because it's just eggs and broth. Add in a dash of hot sauce. Yum yum. I also constantly had Water with me to sip all day, which helps prepare you for sipping all day after surgery.

HW-292 • SW (6/29/17) 256.6 • CW 234.2