Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I wasn't told I needed to stop the caffeine, so I have been having my usual 12-14 oz of organic black coffee in the morning.

The first few days of the liquid diet were very tough: the first day there was excitement, but on days 2 and 3 I was hangry! After the first week, I got used to it and am now ready to get this over with. This morning I have lost nearly 15 lbs since starting the liquid diet.

I've been using the Premier Protein shakes (30g/serving), which I bought from Amazon. I am hoping that I can still stomach them afterwards because I still have quite a few, and I hate the idea of stirring powder into the tiny amounts of liquid I'll be able to drink in the first month. Fingers crossed.

All the best to you. [emoji4]

Sent from my SM-G935T using BariatricPal mobile app

Best of luck to you too. I figured I would get a jump not drinking the caffeine since my doctor after surgery I wouldn't be able to drink caffeine. I'm doing the preimer shakes as well but mixing the powder it fits my budget. Well good luck to you too and I hope we can chat again. Congratulations on the 15 bls. I'm to loose some weight during this liquid phase myself. I started on Tuesday but was to start on Monday.[emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G900V using BariatricPal mobile app

Best of luck to you too. I figured I would get a jump not drinking the caffeine since my doctor after surgery I wouldn't be able to drink caffeine. I'm doing the preimer shakes as well but mixing the powder it fits my budget. Well good luck to you too and I hope we can chat again. Congratulations on the 15 bls. I'm to loose some weight during this liquid phase myself. I started on Tuesday but was to start on Monday.

Sent from my SM-G900V using BariatricPal mobile app

I'm cheering you on. You will for sure lose more than you had anticipated, and it will give you the energy to keep going. Let's for sure keep in touch. All the best!

Weird thing going on with me. Is anyone having any reaction to the pre-op shakes(Premier Protein and Nectar)? My tongue has gone white and I think I'm developing an allergy to them. It's probably the stupid artificial sweeteners in them. 3 more days until I can have broth. 4 more until my surgery.. So close

Weird thing going on with me. Is anyone having any reaction to the pre-op shakes(Premier Protein and Nectar)? My tongue has gone white and I think I'm developing an allergy to them. It's probably the stupid artificial sweeteners in them. 3 more days until I can have broth. 4 more until my surgery.. So close

I get the white tongue, which repulses me because I am obsessive about brushing and scraping my tongue! It must be those sweeteners and the milk powder they use. I am thinking of them as a tool only to get me through all of this. I am usually very mindful about what I eat (my problems are PCOS, sleep apnea, fibromyalgia, and insufficient activity).

Talk to your doctor/NP about the issue. Good luck!

On Amazon they have Protein Shots with 42g of Protein in them. They aren't great but it's better than a shot of tequilla, lol! There's also a broth on this store that has 15g of protein and the clear Protein Drinks ( tastes like flavored water ) from Sam's Club aren't to bad either. Maybe you could substitute one of the shakes. Good luck!

3 hours ago, Shan W said:

I just noticed that you're from Tulsa! I live in Barnsdall, just North of Skiatook.

FYI to everyone (I think I got everyone in this thread. Sorry if I missed you just let me now and I'll fix it!) I followed everyone in this thread so that way we might be able to message each other and help to guide each other through this process if we need it! Kind of be our own support group since we will be going through the phases at the same time! Don't think I'm being a creeper! lol. Just wanted a list of y'all just incase I had questions or you did as well! CANNOT WAIT FOR SEPTEMBER 7th!!!
5991c9c86fba0_ScreenShot2017-08-14at12_02_50PM.png.6fcc78e098c59da371071dfe71dc51fb.png

Hope you're doing well after surgery!

I'm having bypass, with a hiatal hernia fix thrown in, and on the 19th, not the 18th as I said earlier. I'm simply horrible at trying to keep dates straight.
A couple of you posted book titles. I've downloaded bunches of them during the last 2 years, and some I loved, some I hated. The Big Book on the Gastric Sleeve was the first one I read, and I thought it did a good job of answering most of my practical questions, plus gave me a basis for really thinking through my decisions. Never Binge Again was interesting and made some very good points, but was a little simplistic. I definitely will use some of the techniques in that book, though. The Weight Loss Surgery Coping Companion drove me crazy and I couldn't make myself finish reading it. Plenty of really bad writing, with examples left incomplete, and lots of simplistic thinking (if it was as easy as asking yourself if you're really hungry, none of us would be obese.). The Success Habits of Weight Loss Surgery Patients may be my post-surgery bible for a while. Also, Daily Inspirations for Weight Loss Surgery Patients is a nice little daily meditations book, and Eating Well After Weight Loss Surgery is a great starter cookbook for those of us who are foodies and afraid we'll never eat fine food again.
I don't start my pre-op diet until the 5th, so I'm spending this last week or so eating all the farmer's market produce I can get my hands on. It just occurred to me last night as I was cleaning out one of my kitchen cupboards that I should put family on notice that I'm not going to host Thanksgiving this year. I don't think I'll miss doing so, either. It's time to pass the torch on to my adult children.

I'm on the 19th as well and also having a gall bladder removal. Just closing up on day 3 of my preop diet. I have 2 stages of the preop diet. This first week, stage 1, I'm allowed 2-4 oz lean Protein and veggies for lunch and dinner. I also have to add half of protein Meal Replacement with those meals. Breakfast only a full meal replacement. Stage 2 I start on the 12th and it is a full clear liquid diet. I also get to have liquid diet up until an hour before my surgery. None of that nothing from midnight on.

Thanks for the review on the books. Help to know which ones to forego! The 19th can't get here fast enough. Good luck!!!!

8 hours ago, TaRena said:

Hope you're doing well after surgery!

Hey love! Thanks for the check in! I'm doing fantastic! Such an amazing feeling!!!

Holy cow! They just changed my surgery to the 11th instead of the 12th! One less day to prepare. Ok, I can do this, deep breaths, lol!

Hi @AmylouRouxEnY, Welcome to September 11! I'm sure it will be fine. Just keep Swimming.....(Nemo)

Just started my classes last week, they want to "fast track" me, so my date is now September 27th. All in one week, I have a closer date then I thought, had to get a endoscopy yesterday and now I am getting a roux en y instead of a sleeve.... my head is spinning and getting overwhelmed! Excited and grateful because this has been over a year of waiting but now it's starting to feel real!

I am scheduled for bypass conversion from sleeve due to severe acid reflux on September 25. Anyone else been converted? Input appreciated.

I had my bypass yesterday in Mexico Pompeii Surgical and everything went great. Practically no pain. I was walking a couple of our after surgery. I highly recommend this place. Everyone is super friendly, surgeon is highly knowledgeable, and skillful. Tomorrow I will be released from here and I go their ocean front recovery center for 3 days. I feel like I am on vacation!