Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Revision from sleeve to Rny bc of gerd

Getting revision done from sleeve to bypass on August 21 anybody who has done the same by the way is because of gerd

Yes! Same for me. I have severe GERD and vomiting and will be revising from sleeve to bypass on September 25th. I am nervous about the pain this time around!

I'm revised from sleeve to bypass on August 23 due to GERD, fatty liver disease, weight regain, didn't lose enough with the sleeve. Excited and nervous all in one.

Omg im also so nervous my surgery is almost here ..this monday coming up 21.. That gas pain is the worst

Im curious what were the insurance requirements for you to switch from a sleeve to bypass because of severe GERD ? Presumably did you need to meet the full requirements for a bypass again (even though you already had a sleeve) or are they different for a complication related revision?

I have pretty bad GERD but wanted a sleeve, now im having my doubts and leaning towards the bypass. Im concerned I wouldnt qualify for a bypass after having a sleeve though, which makes me lean towards just doing the bypass

I had to do the same requirements that I did for sleeve, psych consult, EGD, 3 mo monitored diet. If I had it to do over I would have gotten the bypass as it has better results and it is the gold standard.

Well for me it was only pre op test egd ph probe and manometry test since i have a hiatal hernia, my insurance was pretty good idk how but didnt need pre approval

Same here, I wasn't aware my gerd was as bad as swallow test & endoscopy revealed so I'm having to do RNY, plus they'll have to fix my hiatal hernia as well and I have H pylori that I'm also being treated for, when it rains it pours, goal is to lose weight & live a healthier life & to get rid of sleep apnea & HBP.

Getting revision done from sleeve to bypass on August 21 anybody who has done the same by the way is because of gerd

I am doing the same. Surgery date is Sept 6. My sleeve healed I correctly and developed a structure halfway down, ballooned up over that point, and caused a hiatal hernia. I'm looking forward to the revision and planning on working hard to make this go around a successful one!

So far so good im loving my rny now beside the gas pain from surgery but no acid reflux episode so far thanks god.

So far so good im loving my rny now beside the gas pain from surgery but no acid reflux episode so far thanks god.

Maria, I hope you're feeling well. When you feel up to it please compare how you're feeling now to how you felt right after the sleeve. Thank you.

Hey well the way I'm feeling now is a big change compare to when I got the sleeve no vomiting no acid reflux laying down food actually staying down I prayed to God so much that I cry because I had a long time I didn't feel this relief, you know beside the normal surgery pain like gas an incision I'm doing pretty good

Yes! Same for me. I have severe GERD and vomiting and will be revising from sleeve to bypass on September 25th. I am nervous about the pain this time around!

Me too...same date.... the GERD & acid reflux is terrible. Did you lose any weight when you got your sleeve?

1 hour ago, dturner153 said:

Me too...same date.... the GERD & acid reflux is terrible. Did you lose any weight when you got your sleeve?

I actually ended up having surgery on September 1st- it went really well! I lost around 100 pounds with the sleeve and am a normal BMI. My revision was solely for GERD and vomiting.

I started with the lap and, lost 80 pounds....it's slipped, so had sleeve, never lost any weight, just gained....