Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

MISERABLE! Please tell me it gets better

I had my surgery on July 27th and went home the next day. I was doing pretty good in the hospital. Walking every hour, burping a lot, and getting in my fluids. Then when I got home everything changed. I was having so much pain that I had to keep taking my pain meds around the clock for 2 days straight. 4 days post op I could hardly get in any liquids and I ended up in the ER for dehydration. After getting IV fluids I felt way better and now set an alarm to get all my fluids in. I am still having a lot of pain around my incisions (mainly 1 that is red and very tender). Really hoping it's not inflected. Today I hit an all time low with my emotions. I cried so much and regret doing this to my body. I've also had a weird taste in my mouth and all the signs of oral thrush (probably from the antibiotics). For 2 days straight I have had horrible diarrhea and can't even keep plain Water in. I have a follow up appointment Friday morning so I can speak to my surgeon about everything. I usually try to see the bright side of things, but this sucks!!!! When does it get better? If I knew this was how it was going to be, I don't think I would have gone through with surgery.

Sent from my SM-G935T using BariatricPal mobile app

It gets better i promise. With every week that goes by you'll feel better and better. Im almost 4 weeks post op and i feel pretty normal already. But i had the rny on july 10th. And the first week or two was up and down for me. You will get threw it and be glad you did it garentee.

Sent from my SM-J700T using BariatricPal mobile app

Hi Lauratro. My daughter and I both had sleeve gastrectomies a few years ago and we both went through similar stages to you - and it does get better :)

I'm on holiday right now, a U.K. Size 10-12 (was a 24) which is exactly where I wanted to be and best of all I can eat and drink whatever I want.

Last night I had carbonara, I had a little steak, a few chips, some salad then some banana split, wine, French bread and cheese later on!

You can eat far easier if you keep on top of your fluids and you do eventually get the hang of how much and how slowly to eat. Though I still get it wrong sometimes even after 2 years. I find small amounts more often suits me. I'm not so good a big meals but if I do have a big meal I stop and start and take it slow.

Honestly it took about a year to find my rhythm with this new way of eating but I love it.

At your stage, ice lollies, sorbet and ice cream were my saviour and helps keep the Fluid up in an enjoyable way.

The pain should all pass soon so long as you have no infection so get that checked if it persists!

I hope your feeling better soon!

It's honestly the best thing I've done for my weight problem. I'm sure you'll think so too soon x

I'm sorry you're feeling this way right now, but it will pass ( I had something similar happened to me and if you see me now you'll be amazed). Just focus on the reasons why you did the surgery and rest up. By next week you'll be singing another tune and dancing all over the place!!!

It gets better i promise. With every week that goes by you'll feel better and better. Im almost 4 weeks post op and i feel pretty normal already. But i had the rny on july 10th. And the first week or two was up and down for me. You will get threw it and be glad you did it garentee.

Sent from my SM-J700T using BariatricPal mobile app

Thanks, that's encouraging

I'm sorry you're feeling this way right now, but it will pass ( I had something similar happened to me and if you see me now you'll be amazed). Just focus on the reasons why you did the surgery and rest up. By next week you'll be singing another tune and dancing all over the place!!!

Thanks I sure hope so

Keep your doctor informed of your situation. Please. And let us now how you are feeling going forward. You are inn my prayers.

Thank you. I had an appointment yesterday and he said everything looks fine. The last couple of days I've started feeling a lot better. More good days than bad for sure from now on

Wanted to chime in too---I hope you're doing better. I had mine just a few days after yours (7/31) and was MISERABLE most of last week. Suddenly, today, I'm better. Still a bit sore, but I feel "normal" if that's a thing any more. I hope that has happened for you too.

I had that awful feeling on my tongue too and found out it wasn't thrush but because the body is in ketosis...it's has eased up a bit with brushing and mouthwash but it kind of makes everything taste yuck doesn't it..

I had that awful feeling on my tongue too and found out it wasn't thrush but because the body is in ketosis...it's has eased up a bit with brushing and mouthwash but it kind of makes everything taste yuck doesn't it..

Yes, everything tastes gross. Hoping it goes away soon