Anyone else scheduled for January 2018? I have my surgery scheduled for January 11. I'm having to wait until next year because I had a stent put in back in December 2016. The anesthesiologist won't sign off until I have had the stent for at least a year and am able to come off of Plavix for the surgery.

• Like 2

1. I'm around the same time. Originally scheduled in December, I asked to push it back due to vacation time.

Anyone else scheduled for January?

• Like 1

Jan 15th here ! Going to Mexico! Could have gone sooner however due to work commitments and schedules, January works out better for me :)

• Like 2

January 10th here! Excited and nervous.

• Like 6

I'm scheduled for January 11th.

• Like 4

Mine looks to be Jan 16 if everything goes well. Waiting to hear back from insurance. Hopefully the process will go fast. How long did it take you all from first consult to getting approval and surgery scheduled?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gotalose said:

Mine looks to be Jan 16 if everything goes well. Waiting to hear back from insurance. Hopefully the process will go fast. How long did it take you all from first consult to getting approval and surgery scheduled?

It didn't take long, less than a week, but I had already been diagnosed with sleep apnea and have had a heart attack. My insurance only required the psych consult and 1 meeting with dietitian - I did both of those on the same day.

Just now, VSGnewguy said:

It didn't take long, less than a week, but I had already been diagnosed with sleep apnea and have had a heart attack. My insurance only required the psych consult and 1 meeting with dietitian - I did both of those on the same day.

thanks - do you mind me asking what type of insurance?

Just now, Gotalose said:

thanks - do you mind me asking what type of insurance?

BCBS of Illinois.

I have Kaiser and I had to go through 12 week of classes before I could even get a consult with bariatric surgeon. I received my surgery date at my consult. If you do not have to take any classes, support group class or a psych evaluation then you are lucky. I thought that all of that was the standrd now to go through prior to be pproved for any bariatric surgey.

7 minutes ago, Honeyswt said:

I have Kaiser and I had to go through 12 week of classes before I could even get a consult with bariatric surgeon. I received my surgery date at my consult. If you do not have to take any classes, support group class or a psych evaluation then you are lucky. I thought that all of that was the standrd now to go through prior to be pproved for any bariatric surgey.

I think it all depends on what type of coverage is negotiated by your employer.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Featured Surgeons

1. Masoud Rezvani

Woodbridge, Virginia 22191

2. Lisa Medvetz

Downingtown, Pennsylvania 19335
      800-282-0066

• Recent Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Kotarou Takasugi  »  Homie♥

In which Takasugi is sick and condemned to an entire week in bed, Katsura and Gintoki sneak out in the middle of the night to visit him and the three share a sleepover party 8D A little "Threesome" of Gintoki x Katsura x Takasugi. Now with omake. Rated: Fiction K+ - English - Friendship/Family - Katsura ...
      · 3 replies
      1. Homie♥

A summer's day party between three bros goes awry when one of em gets a little close to another in the hot tub! In this tale of murder, lust, and intrigue, Gintoki will learn what it means to truly find love-- even if it's with your best guy friend. Rated: T - English - M/M

2. Kotarou Takasugi

9 - You'll want Chapter 5. Spencer walks in on Carly, short beginning. STRONG SEXUAL CONTENT BETWEEN FAMILY MEMBERS. In other words, incest. This story is over, but there is a sequel titled "Yet Another iNcest". Rated: Fiction M - English - Romance/Family - [Carly S., Spencer S.] - Chapters: 6 ...

3. Homie♥

- I never expected to return to the iCarly-verse but, I fell in love with it during iKilled Freddy. Please read and review. I hope you enjoy. A/N: This story starts with a quick Yaoi bit. If you'd prefer to skip right to the incest portion, then you may hit F3 on your keyboard, and search for my next use of the word "Sister.

• Kotarou Takasugi

glad we lost 84 pounds today
      · 2 replies
      1. Homie♥

omg SKINNY legends only

2. Kotarou Takasugi

Thank You.

• Homie♥  »  Kotarou Takasugi

hellor,
      · 2 replies
      1. Kotarou Takasugi

my neck, my back

2. Homie♥

"You won't win, you can't defeat me," Hitler sputtered.

"You're wrong..." Gintoki laughed. "Because I have friendship."

• bookworm1983

Had my gastric sleeve surgury on 12/28. I have lost about 15 pounds since surgery but have hit a stall. It is soooo frustrating! Any advice is greatly appreciated
      · 2 replies
      1. MowryRocks

Just be patient. It sounds like a pat answer, but it is literally the only thing you can do to crush the dreaded 3 week stall!

2. MissSimpson

We have the same surgery day and the same problem. I’ve lost about 20, then stopped. I’m hardly eating anything, logging everything, getting my water and proteins. I don’t know what’s wrong. It’s so frustrating.

• Little Green

I'm doing so well on the new plant-based way of eating! It's been 1 month since my final diet visit, where I found out I had gained about four pounds since my previous visit in November. That meant I had only lost 3 pounds overall from March-December 2017. Ugh, sad trombone. However, in the last 3 weeks of eating a plant-based diet I've lost 13 pounds from my December visit weight! And that includes Christmas and a vacation! So definitely not a "perfect" month by any means. I'm really hoping this way of eating will support my goal of reaching and maintaining 100% of excess weight lost. 
      · 1 reply
      1. karen_marie

Hey whatever works! I've had a few friends go plant-based and drop a lot of weight naturally.

• Trending Topics

• Magazine Articles

1. 5 Fail-Proof Steps to Lose Weight in the New Year

Posted in: Post-Op Support
      Alex Brecher
    2. How to Tell Your Loved Ones about Weight Loss Surgery

Posted in: Pre-Op Support
      Alex Brecher
    3. It’s NOT a DIET!

Posted in: Post-Op Support
      Connie Stapleton, PhD
    4. How to REALLY make a change in 2018