Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any January 2018 Sleevers?

Janine : Wow! 5x a week! That's great! I've only just started with 2x a week (plus of course walking and gardening etc.). I'll up it to 3x a week in April (I get 9 sessions at a physiotherapist, basically monitored exercise, and finish those beginning April). I'll then start my fitness membership up again and do Aquagym 3x a week.

My stall seems to have stopped for now - I upped my calories from 900-1000 per day, and for some reason that has helped (or exercise, or something else! Who knows...)

Hi sleevers!!!!
I had my surgery on January 08/18.... so far 52lbs down!!!
Feeling great, my hair is falling a lot but am fine with that!!! Hope u guys are happy with your sleeve

Instagram: itsgretchen

Hey sleevers, how y'all doing?

Here's a 2 month update from me.

image.thumb.png.8435f34052a20cd7caa2245cb949db66.png(btw, I watermark all my images so no one can steal them. I recommend everyone does this for their wls photos!!)

Nice job everyone! I'm down 41 lbs since 1/11/18 surgery. I can not seem to get below 200. Seems like its always been this way all my life. Been walking but am going to attempt to start doing some jogging today. It's been several years since I've been able to run because of my weight. I feel better but as you all are all to familiar with it is hard. Keep up the great work everyone!!

28 minutes ago, bigdc22 said:

Nice job everyone! I'm down 41 lbs since 1/11/18 surgery. I can not seem to get below 200. Seems like its always been this way all my life. Been walking but am going to attempt to start doing some jogging today. It's been several years since I've been able to run because of my weight. I feel better but as you all are all to familiar with it is hard. Keep up the great work everyone!!

Have you ever tried Couch to 5k? http://www.c25k.com/ A lot of people swear by it! Another fun app to get into running is "Zombies Run". It makes your jogs/runs into audio dramas about the zombie apocalypse!! Just remember to take it slow so you don't get shin splints or anything like that :)

3 minutes ago, marty411 said:

Just recently I have been experiencing nausea. Anyone else have this problem? Solutions or suggestions?

Hi Marty, how far out are you? Are you getting nausea at certain times (like after eating something in particular)? I don't deal with a lot of nausea anymore, but I realized early on that I can't drink cold Water in the morning or I'll dry heave. A lot of us have to quickly learn how to identify foods that upset our new tummy.

2 hours ago, JanineVSG said:

Hey sleevers, how y'all doing?

Here's a 2 month update from me.

image.thumb.png.8435f34052a20cd7caa2245cb949db66.png(btw, I watermark all my images so no one can steal them. I recommend everyone does this for their wls photos!!)

Great job 👍👍👍

You look great, Janine!!!

I still haven't had any photos taken - except for the bi-monthly ones that I take to see my progress. I have however lost 28 lbs and am feeling great.

Re. nausea - I was doing exercise this morning and drank some cold Water and immediately had nausea - I wonder if it's linked.

10 minutes ago, CBBP said:

You look great, Janine!!!

I still haven't had any photos taken - except for the bi-monthly ones that I take to see my progress. I have however lost 28 lbs and am feeling great.

Re. nausea - I was doing exercise this morning and drank some cold Water and immediately had nausea - I wonder if it's linked.

28 lbs! That's fantastic! Great job :) I take pictures all the time. I'm kind of addicted to progress photos, lol. Plus... I'm finally able to wear some of the cuter clothes that have been hiding in my closet!

It probably is. Cold Water definitely makes me feel sick. Room temp is the way I go post-VSG. I don't mind it, but dang do I miss a refreshing glass of ice water after a hard workout...

Speaking of workouts, last night I was at the gym for like, an hour and a half, but I'm hardly sore at all today. I need to start upping my weights. At least I know I'm making progress!

It's such a great feeling to be able to do 1+ hours in the gym and feel good, not tired or over-sore. It really shows that we are making progress and getting fitter!!!

I'll be careful with cold Water and gym!!! Not a good feeling.

Maybe I should start to take photos. I'm definitely wearing nicer clothes - have gone down nearly 2 sizes - and it shows now in my face and body. I've had to give away the first batch of clothes which is such a great feeling!!!

4 hours ago, CBBP said:

It's such a great feeling to be able to do 1+ hours in the gym and feel good, not tired or over-sore. It really shows that we are making progress and getting fitter!!!

I'll be careful with cold Water and gym!!! Not a good feeling.

Maybe I should start to take photos. I'm definitely wearing nicer clothes - have gone down nearly 2 sizes - and it shows now in my face and body. I've had to give away the first batch of clothes which is such a great feeling!!!

I may have been a little premature in that statement. I'm definitely feeling those squats now, lol! But we are definitely getting better every day :)

Yes, you should definitely take photos! It's so nice to be able to compare. You won't notice any changes for a while, and then once you look back at an old photo... it'll be such an amazing experience.

:) Janine - well, it's good to feel those muscles! I'm off to the gym tomorrow morning for another hour... Looking forward to it.

I do have some photos of "before"... and did start taking photos every 2 weeks in the same set of shorts and t shirt so I can see the difference. Will have to start taking photos of me in social situations as well!

how is everyone doing - I've had a rough time but still down 43 lbs since surgery but feel like I could use help with what everyone is eating. I need convenience food so I stay away from the kitchen. Any suggestions

43 pounds is great! Don’t lose heart. For me I find Premier Protein shakes, Atkins bars, babybel lite cheese and Dannie Greek yogurt easy to always have on hand or in the car. For more meal foods, Soup with extra chicken added, Trader Joe’s “zucchini fritters” basically an egg and vegetable frittata, grilled chicken and Beans from my local Mexican place. Trader Joe’s has some good low carb ready foods. I hope this is helpful. Good luck!