Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any January 2018 Sleevers?

Hi, the FB group is called 2018 Bariatric bad-asses. It's a closed group so you should be able to find it and ask to join. Let me know!

I sent a request to join. I’m being sleeved Monday (Jan 15)

Hi all Jan 8th sleevers. I just created a private Facebook group. Anyone can join but I wanted to make sure that everyone that was sleeved on Jan 8th knew about the facebook group and can join. I just now noticed that someone had made a facebook group as closed but not secret. I made mine secret and do not want others knowing my business. Please email me at seekinbigbadwolf@aol.com with your facebook name and I will send you an invite. You can also message me here. It is the only way to allow others to join since it is a secret group. Looking forward to starting a great group that will support each other!

Edited by Honeyswt

Tennisboy11, I worry when you said you were drinking Protein Drinks so soon. I am not allowed Protein drinks for at least the first week. Please be aware that protein will make you more constipated. My doctor gave me colace laxative on one of the days in the hospital to help get everything moving the right direction and to help with gas pain. Then the next day he gave me milk of magnesia which is a laxative. Both made a big difference and I believe that is what helped with the gas pain and helped me feel better. One thing that I have heard from others is comstipation can get so bad and extremely painful. Avoid at all cost.

1 hour ago, Honeyswt said:

Hi all Jan 8th sleevers. I just created a private Facebook group. Anyone can join but I wanted to make sure that everyone that was sleeved on Jan 8th knew about the facebook group and can join. I just now noticed that someone had made a facebook group as closed but not secret. I made mine secret and do not want others knowing my business. Please email me at seekinbigbadwolf@aol.com with your facebook name and I will send you an invite. You can also message me here. It is the only way to allow others to join since it is a secret group. Looking forward to starting a great group that will support each other!

I'm sending you an email as I'd like a secret group for sure! Thanks!

Hi again, I wanted to let you know that you need to friend me and then I can add you to the group. This is the only way fb will allow me to add people to a secret group. Email me at seekinbigbadwolf@aol.com and I will give you my Facebook link. Then I will add you.

Hello fellow January sleevers,

i had mine mime on the 9th and came home from the hospital yesterday. The gas and right side incision pain have been the worst part. It really hurts to cough. I am slowly feeling better working on getting my liquids/protein in for more energy. They gave me a bunch of small plastic cups 1 oz each and that helps for the siping. I am ready to steady dropping some serious weight ! Good luck everyone.

I still like all the crap food I did before, so maybe you'll be luckier.
The surgery doesn't fix your head, as I'm sure you've read, so be careful. I've had to rethink how I think about food. Deriving enjoyment from food is a daily struggle. I tell everyone I meet that's getting surgery to remember, it's only a tool, you still have to "man up" and follow the diet.

Definitely keeping that in mind which is what has stopped me from cheating so far. I am determined to do this just wish there was a way to get rid of the cravings!!! I have great friends willing to yell at me if I feel like cheating lol.

I had revision from Lap band to sleeve on the 8th. My procedure was done all at once, removal of Lap band and sleeve. My surgeon said there was a lot of scar tissue that he removed and he was pleased with the surgery. I saw the results of my contrast swallow (leak test) and it said I had dilated gastric fundus most likely related to the band. I'm 4 days post op and since yesterday I've been able to drink 3 Protein drinks a day plus get all my Water in. A friend of mine had surgery the same day and she can barely get the water down. I'm so afraid I will be that one person that this doesn't work for. Anyone have experience with the revision?

35 minutes ago, EmilyAnnBree said:

I am too! I’m gettin mine at 930AM on the 15th!

Me three! @ 3:30!

I just got my sleeve Wednesday the 10th! I'm also keeping it off of Facebook, plus i just stay off of there for the most part anyway. I would love to get to know more of you all on here though!! :)

2 minutes ago, Jessicamurray said:

I just got my sleeve Wednesday the 10th! I'm also keeping it off of Facebook, plus i just stay off of there for the most part anyway. I would love to get to know more of you all on here though!! :)

How did it go? Mines on the 18th.

Just now, Heisenberg said:

How did it go? Mines on the 18th.

It was okay so far...If I could go back I would switch hospitals...St. Alexius Hospital in St. Louis is pretty freaking sketchy. I think I'm doing alright though, just having a hard time getting much down. At this point I would totally do it again, just at a different place! I'm already down 6lbs in two days though!!

Are you getting excited?? Congrats on your date, btw. Less than a week!