Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any January 2018 Sleevers?

January 8 right here! Left the hospital the next day. 2nd day post op was the absolute worst, spent the entire day crying. Thursday was so much better. Nausea wasn’t bad, I drank all my Water, but am struggling with the Protein Shakes because I don’t like them. Every day I seem to feel a little bit better.

I woke up today feeling much better! The first few days were tough for me, not going to lie. I haven't had taken any pain meds since I got home on wednesday. Right now my only struggle is left shoulder pain and some ocassional stomach cramping, both of which I assume are gas. I have yet to have a BM which I'm sure is not helping things. Lol. Did some stuff around the house yesterday and it felt good to move around. Are others experiencing similar pains??

That’s exactly how I feel right now. No BM but I feel like I’ve gotta go.

Well I had my sleeve on the 4th and since the initial blip I feel great! Havnt been on any pain meds for last 4 days, driving, walking half hour walks a day at a decent pace and got to 251lb today and had my diabetic annual checkup and and since December 2016 I'm down just over 5 stone xx happy days xx

Sent from my SM-G930F using BariatricPal mobile app

My sleeve surgery was done on the 10th. Went home yesterday. No nausea. I took Aprepitant 3 hours before surgery to prevent nausea. Haven't vomited at all. Only felt a little dizzy when I was wheeled from recovery to my room. They gave me Zofran when l got to my room and right before I left the hospital. I have had the usual gas pain and also right sided incision pain. I felt bloated so I requested an enema before leaving the hospital. It helped. Walking and gas x chewables are helping. Hope eveyone is doing well.

Sent from my SM-G955U using BariatricPal mobile app

Yes! I'm with you. I also have my vsg on 16th. Can't wait. Suitcase is packed, everything is ready. Now just the waiting. And then a new life begins! Total reset. What a fantastic opportunity! Looking forward to hear how you do, and your progress after! Christine x

1/16 here too! I am finding the urge to have one last meal harder and harder to ignore!! Still going strong but I just want one more amazing meal. Anyone else feel this way?!

7 minutes ago, lindsayAK said:

1/16 here too! I am finding the urge to have one last meal harder and harder to ignore!! Still going strong but I just want one more amazing meal. Anyone else feel this way?!

You'll have more amazing meals in your life, but only smaller portions!!!

On 1/10/2018 at 5:35 PM, Futurefitmom2four said:

All the Jan 11 sleevers our day is finally approaching! I'm sure were all anxious, nervous, excited and hungry! No food all day makes the day go by so slow!

Hi Futurefitmom2four

My surgery was yesterday, all went well I’m in Recovery now, hope your doing well also..

Hi guys, how are all of the Jan 8th sleevers doing? I had surgery Jan 8th and I am not going to lie, it was rough. I was so extremely nauseated. They gave me so many anti nausea meds and I even talked to the anesthesiologist ahead of time so he would do things to lessen the nausea. It didnt help. I threw up and wretch all of the first 2post OP days. I asked the doctor to bump up the iv fluids as I didnt want to get dehydrated or contribute to kidney stones. I have a history of stones. I ended up stayimg an extra night. Just got home today and have some nausea. Pain wasnt bad. I only used pain meds the first 2 days and then I really didnt need them. I made sure that all bodily systems were working before I left hopsital as I didnt want to be back in the ER. I am posting this to be honest and I do not want to scare anyone. All Jan 8th sleevers, please post how you are doing. Or feel free to email me at seekinbigbadwolf@aol.com.

Thanks for checking in, and so glad you are doing alright! Our surgery stories sound very similar- I too had an awful time with nausea and vomiting- just not pleasant with a brand new stapled stomach :( I was on 3 anti-nausea medications to try to get it under control, and still have a nausea patch on now that I am at home. Pain has really receded and I only take Tylenol occasionally for pain. I have terrible back pains and don’t know why- I wonder if they really move us around a lot while we’re under for the surgery? Lots of ice packs and rest. Incisions have been good until my sweet daughter bumped the big one accidentally yesterday- ouch! Overall it was tough but I am so glad it’s over. No way to second guess anything now- time for a new life! I am really going to try today to get my Protein in for the first time, as it’s been hard to get everything down. Yesterday I finally got all of my liquids down, so today my focus is protein. Sending all of you big hugs and best wishes for your recovery. Did I miss the Facebook group posting? I’ve tried to go back and look to see if someone posted it but couldn’t find it. If it can’t be secret I think I will just create a new Facebook profile with a different name only for my VSG journey- who wants to join me?

Surgery Date: January 8, 2018
Sleeve Gastrectomy

You'll have more amazing meals in your life, but only smaller portions!!!

I know and That’s what has kept me going. I talked to a friend who recently had the bypass and she said her taste buds are completely different. She doesn’t like any of the foods she used to. I’m hoping the same thing happens to me because I would love to not crave junk food. On the other hand, I will miss the enjoyment I get out of eating pizza.< br>

I still like all the crap food I did before, so maybe you'll be luckier.

The surgery doesn't fix your head, as I'm sure you've read, so be careful. I've had to rethink how I think about food. Deriving enjoyment from food is a daily struggle. I tell everyone I meet that's getting surgery to remember, it's only a tool, you still have to "man up" and follow the diet.

On 11/19/2017 at 12:18 PM, VSGnewguy said:

Anyone else scheduled for January?

New to this forum, surgery is January 18th ! Really excited, looking forward to the upcoming long weekend for Vitamin shopping (thrilling, right)? Happy to hear vitamin recommendations.

9 minutes ago, Lizabean said:

New to this forum, surgery is January 18th ! Really excited, looking forward to the upcoming long weekend for Vitamin shopping (thrilling, right)? Happy to hear Vitamin recommendations.

B-12 (sublingual) from Amazon, calcium citrate and a good multi from Costco/Sam's.

The first 30 days, or more, you'll be on all chewables, at least I was. I got a 30 day kit from my surgeon, which they gladly overcharged me for compared to Amazon, but it was required.

Thanks for checking in, and so glad you are doing alright! Our surgery stories sound very similar- I too had an awful time with nausea and vomiting- just not pleasant with a brand new stapled stomach [emoji20] I was on 3 anti-nausea medications to try to get it under control, and still have a nausea patch on now that I am at home. Pain has really receded and I only take Tylenol occasionally for pain. I have terrible back pains and don’t know why- I wonder if they really move us around a lot while we’re under for the surgery? Lots of ice packs and rest. Incisions have been good until my sweet daughter bumped the big one accidentally yesterday- ouch! Overall it was tough but I am so glad it’s over. No way to second guess anything now- time for a new life! I am really going to try today to get my Protein in for the first time, as it’s been hard to get everything down. Yesterday I finally got all of my liquids down, so today my focus is protein. Sending all of you big hugs and best wishes for your recovery. Did I miss the Facebook group posting? I’ve tried to go back and look to see if someone posted it but couldn’t find it. If it can’t be secret I think I will just create a new Facebook profile with a different name only for my VSG journey- who wants to join me?

Surgery Date: January 8, 2018
Sleeve Gastrectomy

Hi, the FB group is called 2018 Bariatric bad-asses. It's a closed group so you should be able to find it and ask to join. Let me know!

I'm not required to do the soft or liquid diet until right before the surgery on the 18th, but am going to for a few days earlier because I'm concerned that I have gained back a couple of the pounds I lost due to holiday eating. Plus, don't know if it's all in my head, but I have been hungry as a bear the last few days.

Hello
I'm a post op in gastric by pass banded done on Aug 14th this is my 2nd surgery.

My 1st was a gastric sleeve was done in 2010 June and I lost good weight appox 50kgs and maintained my weight for good 6years. Of 80kgs.
It started going up in 2016 Oct and 2017 my gain was rapid I all of a sudden started putting on weight and craved for all the wring things and hunger pangs where crazy.
I put on 10kgs straight n it freaked me. Had to plead my hubby to let me have the 2nd surgery which I felt would help.
So 14th of August I was operated at 100kgs.
Till today I have manage to loose only 11kgs I'm now 89kgs

This one is tricky I do eat well and so far all was ok until today I couldn't eat 2byts of rice it got stuck and I felt discomfort and threw up everything ....
Some sticky saliva was coming out and the last puk something like blue ink came out.....
I'm I ok ????
Is there something to worry about???
Why is my weigjt loss slow.

Sent from my SM-G955F using BariatricPal mobile app