Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any January 2018 Sleevers?

Has anyone bought the required Vitamins yet? Any suggestions on which ones are better?

Has anyone bought the required Vitamins yet? Any suggestions on which ones are better?

I got the Tespo liquid Vitamin dispenser and am taking the Mens Bariatric Complete bundle. Figured I'd get a head start.

7 hours ago, Honeyswt said:

Haven't done that shopping yet. My NUT told us the only thing I need to have ready for surgery is a chewable multitamin. And I think the Flintstones multi actually fits the bill (would have to doublecheck my info for stats). I've looked at the Tespo as well, but am hoping to stick to things I can buy locally.

7 hours ago, Honeyswt said:

Anyone tried to see if the insurance will pay for the Vitamins and Protein? I saw where if you get a prescription that sometimes insurance will pay for it.

January 8. It should come quickly with the busy holiday schedule to keep us occupied. I also wondered about the Vitamins. I thought that I'd wait until my pre-op appointment to ask for suggestions.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using BariatricPal mobile app

so did you get a surgery date before finishing all of your test (ekg, X-ray etc)? All of my apps (NUT, PSYCH, UPPER GI) are scheduled for the first week of December and then after that I'll do bloodwoork and X-ray once I'm within 30 days of surgery. I'm so nervous about not getting approved. I have BCBS NC and my surgeon is saying I don't have to have the 6 or 12 month diet to get approval. I do have 5 years of vitals that show 5 plus years of BMI over 40 and evidence of discussion about diet and exercise and membership from earlier this year with WW. Hope he is right. Looking over the revised policy as of 5/2017 it seems to be up to the surgical team about the prior 12 months.

I had to fulfill all my insurance requirements and get approval before I got a surgery date. But my pre-op appointment is 13 days before my surgery. I assume all those tests will happen then. I was told that if they review my chart and I need more, they'll call 2 weeks prior to surgery to schedule. I'll be going away for a long weekend shortly before surgery so am hoping I don't need to hassle with scheduling additional tests.

56 minutes ago, Gotalose said:

so did you get a surgery date before finishing all of your test (ekg, X-ray etc)? All of my apps (NUT, PSYCH, UPPER GI) are scheduled for the first week of December and then after that I'll do bloodwoork and X-ray once I'm within 30 days of surgery. I'm so nervous about not getting approved. I have BCBS NC and my surgeon is saying I don't have to have the 6 or 12 month diet to get approval. I do have 5 years of vitals that show 5 plus years of BMI over 40 and evidence of discussion about diet and exercise and membership from earlier this year with WW. Hope he is right. Looking over the revised policy as of 5/2017 it seems to be up to the surgical team about the prior 12 months.

I also had to fulfill all of the insurances requirements which included 12 weeks of classes, attend support group and then the surgeons requirements including his class and support group. (Whew) Recently seen surgeon and received a date. He gave me a list of Vitamins to have and start on. Then he gave a handout of what to expect and other things to get such as gas x, Protein stuff etc. I have did so much that I am surprised at how little some are required to do. I know every insurance is different but still it seems some require very little to no training prior to bariatric surgery. I recently purchased the barimelt vitamins amd wondered if anyone else has tried them. Thanks for everyone that is positing. Makes me feel less like I am all alone. :)

Kaiser insirance will get a discount and free shipping on Bariatric Advantage Vitamins is all I know of.

I'm scheduled for surgery on January 10th

Jan 3rd, starting to get a lil nervous readying some of the issues people are having. I'm trying to stay positive.

Edited by Bmwjo

@Bmwjo, As soon as I scheduled the surgery date I got nervous lol

I'm hoping to have my surgery end of Jan if all goes well. Having lap band removed and sleeve done! I go for some testing Jan 10th I was told after that I come back to go over those test and I can schedule my surgery as soon as a week later since I'm private pay. Yes I'm obsessed with before and after photos but also scared of regain this is sooooooo much $$$ to spend I can't not lose or have regain. I lost 70 pounds with lap band and have gained it all back. No restrictions nothing im terrified of same thing with sleeve. And when your spending as much as u would on a vehicle it makes me sooooo nervous