Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So what does everyone eat?

I'm 5 weeks post op today and I'm looking for ideas to eat. I'm a really good cook but for some reason, chicken just does not appeal to me anymore. I was a huge egg eater before surgery. I can barely take the taste now.

Any ideas would be helpful.

I'm 5 weeks post op today and I'm looking for ideas to eat. I'm a really good cook but for some reason, chicken just does not appeal to me anymore. I was a huge egg eater before surgery. I can barely take the taste now.
Any ideas would be helpful.

I really don't like eggs, either, since my surgery. I pretty much live on chicken. The other day I made tikka masala chicken with vegetables, which was so good. Chicken and broccoli. Yeah, I haven't gotten tired of chicken yet.

You could make tuna salad to switch it up.

16 minutes ago, Finding_Stacy said:

I really don't like eggs, either, since my surgery. I pretty much live on chicken. The other day I made tikka masala chicken with vegetables, which was so good. Chicken and broccoli. Yeah, I haven't gotten tired of chicken yet.

You could make tuna salad to switch it up.

I've been living off of salads with chicken on them for the past week. I thought at 4 weeks when they moved back to regular food that I would be happily eating. Now, nothing has good taste. Nothing makes me enthusiastic about eating. I did have a kiwi yesterday and it was the best thing i've had in weeks. Then I found out it had 10grams of carbs. I cried.

I make a turkey chili and I eat it a lot. I also eat a lot of shrimp. I don't eat a lot of vegetables right now because I still can't get in all of my Protein because I despise Protein Shakes. I eat almost all protein also because I can't get in any more than maybe 2 oz per meal which doesn't help. I also eat high protein Jerky sticks and Protein Bars. There are so many things I am unable to eat now that I eat a lot of the same foods.

I'm the same, there are a lot of foods I can no longer tolerate. I'm mainly a chicken and fish/seafood person. I really don't have a taste for beef or pork anymore. I LOVE chili, but a small cup from Jason's Deli can last a whole day. In the morning, I'll have a fruit that's high in Water content, that can go towards my water intake. I love to snack on Jerky, roasted seaweed, cucumbers w/ a touch of salt and dressing. When I get bored I'll switch it up, but I try to focus on Protein and or empty cal foods. eggs are good as well, but remember, they should not be an every day food.

9 hours ago, Morgan Sorto said:

I make a turkey chili and I eat it a lot. I also eat a lot of shrimp. I don't eat a lot of vegetables right now because I still can't get in all of my Protein because I despise Protein Shakes. I eat almost all Protein also because I can't get in any more than maybe 2 oz per meal which doesn't help. I also eat high protein Jerky sticks and Protein Bars. There are so many things I am unable to eat now that I eat a lot of the same foods.

I got really sick of Protein Shakes so my NUT told me to drink Protein Water. I love the grape P2O even though it takes all day to drink. I just got some protein bars that only have 2 g of carbs so I'm excited to try that for lunch. I had celery with Peanut Butter on top this morning and I'll never do that again. It hurt so much going down.

Nothing taste good anymore. I'll take a few bites and then I just can't do it anymore.

26 minutes ago, heycrystal2052 said:

I'm the same, there are a lot of foods I can no longer tolerate. I'm mainly a chicken and fish/seafood person. I really don't have a taste for beef or pork anymore. I LOVE chili, but a small cup from Jason's Deli can last a whole day. In the morning, I'll have a fruit that's high in Water content, that can go towards my Water intake. I love to snack on Jerky, roasted seaweed, cucumbers w/ a touch of salt and dressing. When I get bored I'll switch it up, but I try to focus on Protein and or empty cal foods. eggs are good as well, but remember, they should not be an every day food.

I love the cucumber idea. I will need to bring that to work tomorrow. Thanks for the idea, that's what I'm looking for.

28 minutes ago, TooneyNinosMom said:

I love the cucumber idea. I will need to bring that to work tomorrow. Thanks for the idea, that's what I'm looking for.

And they contain 96% Water, they will also help w/ your water count for the day. The little things :)

I'm almost 6 weeks out and I'm getting burnt out on yogurt and Protein Shakes too. They were my main source of Protein for 4 weeks and I lost 50lbs. Now that I can eat real food I haven't lost a single lb in 2 weeks. I've heard about the 3 week stall. I hope I'll start back soon. I think I've got to lay off fruit and oj. I buy the trop 50 oj it's less sugar less fat but I love it. I want a salad so bad but I haven't tried raw veggies yet. Kinda afraid to try.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using BariatricPal mobile app

http://www.food.com/recipe/cranberry-turkey-meatloaf-170375?ftab=reviews

living on these this week. Made in a 12 muffin muffin tin. Your really do need to cook vegetables until soft before adding in. I made some chicken gravy to hold on top. They are slightly dry. But very good and goes down very well.

I also used the reduce sugar cranberries. Lowish carb and high Fiber.

5 hours ago, Old2NewMe said:

What week can we eat cucumber? I love cucumbers!

To be honest, I have no idea. I was never into cucumbers in the past, but now, I can't get enough. I'd think when you're able to eat soft food or maybe solid? I'd think soft.

18 hours ago, Old2NewMe said:

What week can we eat cucumber? I love cucumbers!

I'm 5 weeks post op and had them last night. So good and I could actually stand the taste. I had them with a bit of ranch dressing as that is low in carbs. What week are you?

21 hours ago, sylvia2017 said:

I'm almost 6 weeks out and I'm getting burnt out on yogurt and Protein Shakes too. They were my main source of Protein for 4 weeks and I lost 50lbs. Now that I can eat real food I haven't lost a single lb in 2 weeks. I've heard about the 3 week stall. I hope I'll start back soon. I think I've got to lay off fruit and oj. I buy the trop 50 oj it's less sugar less fat but I love it. I want a salad so bad but I haven't tried raw veggies yet. Kinda afraid to try.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using BariatricPal mobile app

Our nutritionist said no fruit ever. Basically I don't expect to eat fruit until I am a healthy weight. Not that I don't love fruit, but to me now they are sugar bombs in my mind.

My program advises no raw veggies while on the soft diet, and the veggies that are allowed are low fiber due to the fact that the stomach is still tender and swollen. I'd check with your doctor or nutritionist just to be sure.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using BariatricPal mobile app