Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My surgeon says my surgery went well with no complications. Once I woke up i was in a lot of pain in my abdomen. It feels like you are being stabbed over and over and in waves of pain. I do have gas but it's subsiding as I walk and pass gas.

When I got back to my room the pain would not subside. My 1st nurse was rude and told me that I'm only allowed a certain amount of pain medication at a certain time as it was prescibed. I put up with pain until I got mad cause I felt like I was being tortured. She came at 430pm and gave me morphine. It did nothing I called for her 4 times after and she was ignoring me. I was in so much pain. My bf had left to walk our dog and I was alone so I text my sister because I couldn't even talk from the pain. I told her what was happening let's just say that lady rushed in my room and gave me propofol and I passed out with no pain finally. After that my nurse switched shifts and I have a great nurse who is giving me my nauseous and pain meds that work. Point of story: You should not be in pain at the hospital!!! Day 2 which is today took my drink test and I passed. I'm feeling so much better today. Only taking ice chips. Tried to sip a bit of Soup yesterday and my tummy got tight. So for now only ice chips.

Sent from my SM-G920T1 using BariatricPal mobile app

They also gave me this bear its called cough buddy20170801_092006.jpg

Glad you are feeling better.

Thank you!!!

Glad to hear you are better. Did you have the sleeve or bypass? I am scheduled for the sleeve in 1.5 weeks. I am so nervous

My surgeon says my surgery went well with no complications. Once I woke up i was in a lot of pain in my abdomen. It feels like you are being stabbed over and over and in waves of pain. I do have gas but it's subsiding as I walk and pass gas.
When I got back to my room the pain would not subside. My 1st nurse was rude and told me that I'm only allowed a certain amount of pain medication at a certain time as it was prescibed. I put up with pain until I got mad cause I felt like I was being tortured. She came at 430pm and gave me morphine. It did nothing I called for her 4 times after and she was ignoring me. I was in so much pain. My bf had left to walk our dog and I was alone so I text my sister because I couldn't even talk from the pain. I told her what was happening let's just say that lady rushed in my room and gave me propofol and I passed out with no pain finally. After that my nurse switched shifts and I have a great nurse who is giving me my nauseous and pain meds that work. Point of story: You should not be in pain at the hospital!!! Day 2 which is today took my drink test and I passed. I'm feeling so much better today. Only taking ice chips. Tried to sip a bit of Soup yesterday and my tummy got tight. So for now only ice chips.

Oh my word. I'm glad you are feeling better. I'm sorry you went through that. I was sleeved April 25th 2017. I didn't really have pain. I never took any meds for pain. The nurses should never be rude. I'm the type of person that would go over everyone's head until I get what I need. I will jump the chain of command if need be.

Sent from my XT1585 using BariatricPal mobile app

Congratulations!

I'm glad you're feeling better and hopefully on the road to quick recovery.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using BariatricPal mobile app

Thank you so much ..yes on the road to recovery. Feeling better everyday.

Glad to hear you are better. Did you have the sleeve or bypass? I am scheduled for the sleeve in 1.5 weeks. I am so nervous

The sleeve.

Report her ass up! You had a major surgery ... last thing is to be treated like you had your finger scraped.

“There will be obstacles. There will be doubters. There will be mistakes. But with hard work, there are no limits.” —Michael Phelps

And you will do great,good luck and fast recovery!

“There will be obstacles. There will be doubters. There will be mistakes. But with hard work, there are no limits.” —Michael Phelps

Oh my word. I'm glad you are feeling better. I'm sorry you went through that. I was sleeved April 25th 2017. I didn't really have pain. I never took any meds for pain. The nurses should never be rude. I'm the type of person that would go over everyone's head until I get what I need. I will jump the chain of command if need be.

Sent from my XT1585 using BariatricPal mobile app

I agree. I had to have a "conversation" or two myself. I was sleeved May 17th of this year and was in ICU until June 2nd. I am 50 more pounds down since surgery for a total of 120 pounds since my journey to well​ness began February 2016. #197MoreToGo. #VGSSavedMyLife

Sent from my XT1097 using BariatricPal mobile app

I had a lot of pain, too. I was a little surprised, everyone I talked to, and most YouTube vids seemed like the pain was minimal and recovery quick.
It was a rude awakening to me. But every day got a little better.