Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

JULY SLEEVERS- How are you doing?

On 12/10/2017 at 2:16 AM, HealthierMe193 said:

Hello July Sleevers!

I have officially lost 100 pounds in total!!!! I lost about 50 pounds before my 7/3 surgery and 50 after but I still think its a neat coincidence that I am 100 days after surgery and I hit 100 pounds lost in total! I am so excited for the future and this shows me that I can and I WILL do this.

Reading everyone's posts has helped to motivate and inspire me. Thank you for sharing your journey.

We got this! :)

That is amazing, im like omg 100!!!! I had 109 to lose ,now 59lbs to lose, so its unimaginable to me to lose that much so fast, goodjob!

On 12/10/2017 at 0:31 AM, woodside said:

I had my surgery on the 17th of July. I'm down 42 pounds today and feel so much better. Clothes are more fun to try on and I'm loving my smaller size. Eating more variety, still trying to get in all my Protein and water...having a tough time. I used to LOVE Water but I just don't like it now. So hard to drink it plain, so I flavor it once in a while with lemon. Hope you are all doing well. What are you all eating these days? How much exercise are you getting? I'm counting steps with my new fitbit but nothing too intense yet. But I feel like I might be ready to do more.

I do no excersise, 48lbs down in 3 months, I will add excersise soon but not yet for me . I dont drink plain Water, lol crystal light,tea whatever id never drink if i had to drink just water and i used to love it too.

The best thing i have ever done! I’m seeing numbers on the scale I haven’t seen since middle school! The best part about this is I have three very active boys and now I am playing with them! Going down the slide, going to the skate park and scootering with them! I feel like a kid and it’s amazing the endorphins it releases when your high up in the air on the swing I have had absolutely no complications and am feeling amazing!!
HW 311 SW 264 CW 214! Surgery date 7/19/17

Hi July Sleevers,

I'm 3 months post op and down 41 lbs. Happy with it!

Hi everyone. I’m down to 220 from 279 day of surgery

Edited by johock

My surgery was on 7-10-17. I weighed in at 325 and today i am at 260. Can't tell you how good it feels to wear clothes in your closet that you thought you never would wear again. I am by no means a poster child for this surgery. I try to follow the diet and try not to overeat and of course try to drink that Water. I am human and it does not always happen. I am glad that i now have the size stomach that forces me to stop eating because food still taste magnificent. I do not go to the gym or do rigorous exercise. I do walk at a fast pace 5 days a week and i can tell my legs have lost a lot of weight. I know i did get myself into the bad situation i was in when i weighed 325, but i do not punish myself for it. If i have a bad day and i had a couple of french fries from my kids happy meal or a tiny piece of chocolate i do not condemn myself to a failure. Every new day we get a chance to wake up and be better than we were yesterday. I do not hold myself to an impossible standard that i will be perfect with my diet, but i do my best to be present and aware of my actions. Nurturing yourself takes tuff love, understanding, forgiveness, a foul mouth coach in the back of your head telling you to get of your ass and make something happen today. Life is not easy but we have the tools we need. Good luck to each of you and keep your energy positive. Blessing and Love to you all.

It's a definite mind and body reconditioning for sure, but for me, it was the best decision to make.

I am 4 months out. I am eating "regular" food, but it's not the same experience food was in the past. I like that I have to consider what I'm putting in me, and I eat so little that it's almost a zen-like experience everytime I eat. I have to go slowly and deliberately, think about the taste and texture, make sure it sits well after I chew and swallow. Weird when you've been conditioned to shovel something down. I can't drink liquids and eat at the same time at all.

But it's all good though. I'm not hungry and don't waste time thinking about eating or the next time I'm gonna eat.

I walk a lot and enjoy it. That's new. I feel better. I forget still that I can probably do things now that were just a burden to me before. Like were going to a neighborhood trick or treat the other night and in the past I was always tired of walking but i wasnt at all.

I love putting on smaller clothes. I feel better going out.

As of this morning I am down 76lbs from where I was right before I started the pre surgery regimen. That's not chump change.

So yeah, there are a few things that are downsides but they're mostly mental and they can be worked out.

I'll post pics at 6 months

So, I'm down to a size 14 (used to wear 1x and 2x). Almost 50 pounds lost (48.4). I LOVE my new size. I'm so proud of ALL of us July sleevers! I am eating regular foods for the most part but avoiding bread, rice, Pasta, popcorn, etc. Low carb, high Protein, lower fat and sugar foods. I have become addicted to sugar free 15 calorie popsicles - I can eat a couple of them in the evening and it even counts toward my liquids for the day! Thanks to everyone for you support.

Question - how many times do you all eat per day? It seems like I get hungry (not really hungry, just feel like my stomach is empty, if that makes any sense) about every 3-4 hours.

5 minutes ago, woodside said:

how many times do you all eat per day? It seems like I get hungry (not really hungry, just feel like my stomach is empty, if that makes any sense) about every 3-4 hours.

Same here.

So, I'm down to a size 14 (used to wear 1x and 2x). Almost 50 pounds lost (48.4). I LOVE my new size. I'm so proud of ALL of us July sleevers! I am eating regular foods for the most part but avoiding bread, rice, Pasta, popcorn, etc. Low carb, high Protein, lower fat and sugar foods. I have become addicted to sugar free 15 calorie popsicles - I can eat a couple of them in the evening and it even counts toward my liquids for the day! Thanks to everyone for you support.
Question - how many times do you all eat per day? It seems like I get hungry (not really hungry, just feel like my stomach is empty, if that makes any sense) about every 3-4 hours.

I eat three meals a day, plus a little snack (usually string cheese or cottage cheese) around 3 pm and occasionally a snack after dinner (sugar free Jello or some PB2).

As we approach the 6 month mark, how is everyone doing?

Are you happy with your success so far?

What challenges have you faced?

Is everything going as expected?

How many calories are you averaging per day?

What’s your next goal?

So curious to hear from everyone!! [emoji173]️

The surgery/healing process has been easy for me. I didn't have any pain or nausea and can tolerate any foods. I did go through the dreaded Hair loss. It was really bad for about 2 months.

Overall I am happy with my progress (notice I didn't say success). I started the journey at 304.9 and I am currently lingering at 259.8 for total lost of 45.1 lbs.

I thought I would have lost way more at this point so it's frustrating to keep losing at a snail's pace. I start back working out Monday with my personal trainer for the first time since surgery. Up to this point I have mainly stuck to the treadmill. Hopefully this will shock my body into losing more. I average around 1000 calories. Staying on track with the Water goals is a challenge. Some days I simply get tired of going to the bathroom!!!!!

Is anyone else losing steroid weight? My drastic weight increase came from longterm prednisone treatments. I would love to know how much affect this has had on the slow losing.

Sent from my VK810 4G using BariatricPal mobile app