Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July 2017 Sleevers

Hi guys! I'm Samantha, 29, married and have a little boy who is about to be 2(!). I was sleeved in Mexico July 4th.

Hi my name is Carla surgery was July 10, 2017 I am married 54 years, I am 74 years old. Would have been in a wheel chair in 6 months so I decided to have the sleeve , the dr told me i was a high risk but I made it.

Hi Carla. I am 73 and haven't seen many 'seniors' on this voyage. I have such bad arthritis in my feet and ankles, and I'm hoping and praying this will help. I have my surgery on Aug 14. How are you doing? Would love to hear your journey so far. Judee

Judee, I'm doing good I started this back in Dec,2016 at the heart dr weighing 370 started dieting when I started with the Bariatric center I think I weighted 357 I now weigh 317 I lost 30 before surgery, I weighted 330 the day of surgery,I was scared because I have a lot of health problems , well I'm now one month post surgery and have lost 15 lbs since , I am not as active as some younger ones so I am happy, I wish i could have lost more but I'll take it , At 74 I'm not setting my goals too high but I'm going to try to walk more and later maybe silver sneakers.

On 8/5/2017 at 9:04 AM, GotProlactinoma said:

I'm a divorced woman in my 50s, 2 adult kids and two little kids, in SoCal, and was sleeved in Vegas on 7/19. I have not lost much weight in 2 weeks, only 4 lbs. But I measured and I have lost inches. That helps. Just starting to eat soft foods (1/4 c a day a small per nutritionist instructions.).

I'm from SoCal too! :) Had my surgery on 7/14. I've been in a stall for like 2 weeks it feels like. As long as we're eating correctly and doing some exercise this will work! I feel like I've lost inches too even though the scale doesn't show movement lol

Hi everyone! I am in a pretty discouraged place right now...feeling like I'm doing something wrong. I started this journey at 234 - although my highest weight was 238. After surgery, that first week I lost 13 pounds. Since my week follow up appointment on 7/25, I have only lost 5 pounds. I've stayed at 215 for about 2 weeks now and I'm not sure how it's even mathematically possible to NOT lose weight with the way I have been eating. I'm drinking Water, Protein Drinks, eating soft foods and staying away from carbs and sweets. Can someone please help me understand why the scale isn't budging? I know stalls happen, but I guess I don't really understand how or why they last so long. Is there something I can do to help with this stall or do I just have to wait it out? I began to take my measurements just to have another way to gauge progress and I'm hoping that will help.

Hi everyone!
I was sleeved on July 24. I live in TX with two elementary kids and a husband of 15 years. HW 267 SW 241 CW 223. Live the support from the group! Best of luck everyone!!

Sleeved on July 3rd. Surgery weight 249. Currently 224. Monday marks 7 weeks. I'm losing super slow and I just don't get it. I thought by this time I would be in the low teens. I have pcos so I wonder if it's affecting me.