Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

any November 2017 sleevers?

1 minute ago, TroubleSaki said:

Hi everyone! I just logged on here for the first time. Some of you have already had your surgeries and can’t wait to here how it goes. My surgery is scheduled for 11/15.

Welcome! I have 4 days left. I can't wait to get this journey started. Good luck on yours and may you have a speedy recovery.

I was sleeved on 11/02. Incision pains aren’t nearly as bad as gas pains. I wasn’t able to get any liquids down yesterday but I got 33oz down tonight. It doesn’t hurt as much to drink now so I should be fine meeting my liquid goals for this week. I haven’t tried broth or Jello yet and prob won’t until another couple of days. Walking helps with the gas but can be painful because of the gas. My doctor recommends walking 3-4x a day for 30 minutes. I only got in about 45 minutes today so I’ll really need to space that out. Good luck to all of you November sleevers!

Congrats on a successful surgery and I’m glad to hear that you are feeling a little better everyday. I hope the gas pains relieve soon and you are able to get all of your liquids down [emoji177]

Have a great day!
Amanda [emoji16]
HW 248 CW 241 Surgery Date: pending 11/21/2017. Goal weight 150’ish [emoji23]

Hi All,

i was sleeved on the first, with a hietal hernia repair. I can honest say that the gastric doesn’t hurt one bit, on the other hand, the hernia is painful and it’s so difficult to pass gas via mouth. It makes my chest feel like am having a heart attack. I haven’t been able to meet my liquids due to the hernia. Warm broth goes down great, but Water gives me pain (is not even cold, I drink it at room temperature. I walk for about 10 min 5-6 times a day. I basically just do laps around my pool (walking). Everyday it gets little better. Good luck to all those who are still not at day 1 yet. Be patient and listen to your body, it will tell what it needs. Glad you’re doing great confusedturtle3....

2 hours ago, trailtramper said:

I started my liquid diet today. I am going to take my stats and post them tomorrow. My weight has been up and down the past few weeks. I am getting excited.

I start my liquid diet today too. I set up my crystal light Popsicles last night. Surgery on Wednesday. It's getting real.

I start my liquid diet today too. I set up my crystal light Popsicles last night. Surgery on Wednesday. It's getting real.

Good luck! I am glad to hear that not everyone had to do two weeks in liquid clear. My doctor requires it, so I will comply. A MFP pal said at least I will be well hydrated. [emoji3]

1 minute ago, trailtramper said:

Good luck! I am glad to hear that not everyone had to do two weeks in liquid clear. My doctor requires it, so I will comply. A MGP pal said at least I will be well hydrated. emoji3.png

Well hydrated.. 2 key words.. My pipes should be totally cleaned out by Wednesday. I maybe living in the bathroom the next 3 days hahahaha!

So I said I would post stats today. My name is Michelle, and live in Phoenix with my husband, but we have lived all over the US.

HW 282 ish in 2012 or 2013
CW 268 (start of Clear Liquids on Saturday)
GW 175 to start
Height 5’1 and a half (every centimeter counts)

Surgery date 11/17 at Mercy Gilbert Hospital in Arizona
PCP clearance 11/6
Preop 11/7

Tip: if you use GENEPRO, try it in Celestial Seasonings Apple Cinnamon Spice. It’s pretty good.

Thanks for the tip, Is that celestial seasonings tea?

Hello there. Good luck! This is my first day using this app and trying to figure out how to creat a new feed! I am a November sleever. Scheduled for Tuesday the 7th! A little nervous but excited too. I am 12 days into the shake and low glycemic index vegetables! Been hard not cheating. Had mini Halloween crispy crunch Tuesday and one bite chicken breast on Friday. Otherwise stuck to it.