Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

First time scale moved in the wrong direction.

So I try to weigh only once or twice a week. Jumped on the scale this morning...wth! it was only 1.8 pounds but it was a little disappointing. I read the stall posts and know that it happens. Tell me how you stay motivated. My sleeve was 6/12 so I know this is just the beginning. It will take work I know. Hope everyone has a great day.

I'm going through a stall too, and it is disappointing. So many give you some great advice, and you should read back on the posts to see it. My surgery was 6/14, and I'm suffering through a 2.5 week stall. I know it won't be long before I start to lose again, but it is depressing. Good luck and hang in there! I'm right with you!!!

Pre op I was losing weight easily. Post op it is more slowly and I had about a 3 week period with nothing. Once I got to week 6 and started eating real food again the scale started moving again.
This week the scale moved backward a bit but I am having one of the heaviest menstrual cycles I've had in years. I know I'm retaining Water because my ankles tell me so! I'm trying to drink more water and got a b6 B12 injection this morning.

Despite the scale not moving the way I expected, I am finding clothes are getting too big...i have one cute work blouse that I haven't worn in 4 years or more...i keep trying it on. It will now button! It pulls too much to actually wear but a couple of weeks ago there was about 2 inches before it would close. So I know I'm making progress.
Finding joy in the non scale victories is a big part of what keeps me going.
It is hard to be patient. Having faith in the program is tough.
But I find inspiration with the people here who share their stories and try to imagine where I'll be at my one year mark.

Sent from my SM-G920V using BariatricPal mobile app

2 months out and I came home from vacation 4 lbs heavier. Probably Water retention because I've been home a week and lost the 4lbs plus 4 more. Don't get rattled. Keep on going and you will lose it.

Hang in there! I stalled for about 2 weeks. I mean no loss! But I was down a pant size. You're losing but your body is holding onto Water. Basically what happens is when your losing fat your body replaces those fat cells with water. Keep working and the water will come off. Hang in there! It WILL happen if you stick to the plan. I weighed one day and bam 5 pounds gone!

Sent from my SM-G935U using BariatricPal mobile app

11 hours ago, melissa39437 said:

Hang in there! I stalled for about 2 weeks. I mean no loss! But I was down a pant size. You're losing but your body is holding onto Water. Basically what happens is when your losing fat your body replaces those fat cells with Water. Keep working and the water will come off. Hang in there! It WILL happen if you stick to the plan. I weighed one day and bam 5 pounds gone!

Sent from my SM-G935U using BariatricPal mobile app

Wow, that's so good to hear. I'm 3 weeks into a stall, and I haven't lost AN OUNCE. But everyone says it will happen. I stopped weighing myself and sticking to the program. I hope this happens for me!!! THANK YOU!!

On 7/27/2017 at 7:40 AM, melty29 said:

So I try to weigh only once or twice a week. Jumped on the scale this morning...wth! it was only 1.8 pounds but it was a little disappointing. I read the stall posts and know that it happens. Tell me how you stay motivated. My sleeve was 6/12 so I know this is just the beginning. It will take work I know. Hope everyone has a great day.

Well weighing yourself every day, even morning and night helps you learn more about weight flucuations and not put so much emphasis on the scale.

I gain 5 pounds every month with my period, sometimes it is just 3 but usually it is 5. The only reason I know that is because I weigh myself every day and have for the past 2 years. When I see the scale go up the first thing I think about is if my period is due.

I weigh more at night than in the morning. Right now it is the middle of summer, I am retaining small amounts of Water, gain.

Also if you weigh yourself every day, and you know you have been eating properly, you realize how ridiculous the scale can be.

You don't lose every day or every week. Even if you aren't losing pounds you still might be losing inches or your body might just be resting. When I was losing I would stall a lot, a week or 2 at a time. Or bounce around between 2 pounds for weeks, then I would suddenly drop a lot. It isn't about losing all the time, it is about being consistent. If you are consistent with your food, the weight will come off. This is a life long thing, not a diet.