Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What do you wish you would have known before?

Anything you wish you would have known or done or prepared for before getting sleeved?

Also- is it worth it to invest in a Ninja system for blending foods before and after?

Here is a recent thread with pages and pages of responses.

A ninja or any blender is exactly what you don't want post-op. You don't want something putting air etc into your food/shakes and making it thicker and harder to eat. You will get less food in, when you want to maximize your small sleeve space for as much Protein as possible.

I bought a blender and it's collecting dust. Unjury Protein Shakes up so well by hand. I mix with Water for less carbs. Little Rubbermaid mixer mates were invaluable! I don't drink shakes anymore but now I use them to mix up my goats medicine. Lol
I truly needed so little. Protein Powder, bottled water, crystal light. I over bought so much.

I used my blender twice after the surgery, I didn't like the consistency of the shakes. I have a blender ball cup, I still make my morning coffee concoction in it every day.

Get a variety of Protein Shakes because you will get tired of them. Like pre-op I loved chocolate flavored shakes but after a few days of taking constantly taking tiny sips, I needed a change so I bought a tropical punch flavored shake lol
Also don't stress too bad if during the first few weeks you aren't meeting the water/protein goals. Just try your best and keep in mind things get a little easier everyday as your stomach is healing. Congrats and best of luck! :)

That you could have an episode of gout in the first month with no prior history. Also, get protine pack samples.< br>
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using BariatricPal mobile app

Take before photos that you can reproduce at your lower weight in the same outfit and poses. Make a video to yourself including all your concerns, goals and expectations. Start a journal and add to it frequently. You can review these whenever you need a pick me up to see how you have come and where you Don't want to ever be again. Also take your measurements and do it every few weeks as you go. You will be surprised to see that while you Don't always loose pounds, you may still lose inches. My body shrank one size while my weight stayed the same over the past few months. Many changes will take place and it is truly a mind game. The very best to you with your journey.

Sent from my SM-N920V using BariatricPal mobile app

2 hours ago, IveGotThePower said:

Take before photos that you can reproduce at your lower weight in the same outfit and poses. Make a video to yourself including all your concerns, goals and expectations. Start a journal and add to it frequently. You can review these whenever you need a pick me up to see how you have come and where you Don't want to ever be again. Also take your measurements and do it every few weeks as you go. You will be surprised to see that while you Don't always loose pounds, you may still lose inches. My body shrank one size while my weight stayed the same over the past few months. Many changes will take place and it is truly a mind game. The very best to you with your journey.

Sent from my SM-N920V using BariatricPal mobile app

These are excellent ideas! Thank you!

Sounds weird maybe but I wish I had known that I'm obviously a patient who's prone to develop internal scar tissue.

2 hours ago, summerset said:

Sounds weird maybe but I wish I had known that I'm obviously a patient who's prone to develop internal scar tissue.

Ouch! How did you find that out? What sort of issues has that caused you? I'm prone to keloid scars so nervous about this sort of thing.

Every abdominal surgery can cause it (e. g. appendectomy, cholecystectomy). I needed adhesiolysis recently.