Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Restarting my journey

Good evening everyone,

Pretty good day. Pain level is between 4/5. My abdomen slowly decrease from beach ball to basketball now. Last night I did notice a rash developing just on the sides of my abdomen no where near my scar, it wasn't itchy or painful. Took a shower with CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser Soap, can be expensive look for coupons, but worth using the first few week after surgery also took a Benadryl to avoid scratching during the night. Woke up better but still there. Will bring it up to my surgeon next week. (don't wanna see a dermatologist unless I have to, Breakfast I made simple Quaker oats wt. control oatmeal and decided to put my Protein Shake powder into the mix. (huge mistake) 3 spoonful I was done. lunch left over corn (chew really well) mixed with cauliflower with about 2 oz. of left over salmon. 2pm snack 1/2 cup of salami. For dinner my son took hubby and me to dinner , 9 times out 10 when I go out for dinner I look for seafood on the menu It's easier to chew and pass through the band, Try to be seated near the restrooms. I ordered Salmon with side of salad. by skipping appetizer's I treated myself to a glass of Sangria and dessert shared by three.

Thank you, have a great evening.

Rylopez

Good Morning Rylopez:

I met with my PCP last night and he recommended that I get the sleeve rather than the lap band. My PCP stated that he has seen too many complications with the band such as slippage, pain etc.... He highly recommended the sleeve and provided me with detailed information regarding the surgery and outcome. Again, I informed my PCP that I will do my research and ultimately make my decision, after all, I have a few months to decide. It's now a matter of following through with all my appointments.

On another note, you recommended that I start dieting and exercising to prepare myself for what I am required after the surgery. Great minds think a lot, I've already begun working on my appetite control. I'm not dieting per say but limiting my intake (don't want to lose weight or gain weight) but have control of my intake. As for exercising that will have to be put on hold until after I have my knee surgery on 8/30/17. I injured myself running. After physical therapy ends I can begin to exercise.

Enough about me, How are you doing? Were you released from the hospital? when will you be scheduled for your next weigh in? What weight goals have you set for yourself?

Mucho Bendiciones

Brittany1225

Hello Brittany1225,

Your WTL have you options and your PCP is on board with it. You have time to decide, and you found this website that has lots of information good and not so good. Good luck with your Knee surgery, been down that road-(ice - ice and more ice. The sooner you start PT the better off you will be. If I remember correctly they would put me on Treadmill, bike, strengths exercise and other stuff I cant remember and finally the heat stimulation ( my favorite). It may be for your knee, but it sound like exercise to me.

My surgery was Same day/Outpatient, no hospital time. Surgery was Friday 7/28, was at work on Monday 7/31, my abdomen looked like a beach ball (inflated) by Friday I was down to basketball size abdomen. I was driven in, and pick me up. Packed my meals, walked around the building when needed was moving slow, I did well. If I felt pain bottle of Extra strength was in my desk. First post op visit is on Wednesday, currently I have no restrictions,hoping she will adjust me and get this show on the road. Day of surgery my weight was 171.6, my goal is 130/135. Back in 2008/2009 I had reached 110/112 I felt great, many even my surgeon felt is was too much, was told I looked sick. My fam/friends have no filter..(love that about them) My boyfriend is on board and very supportive-he even joined WW with me last year and lost 25 Lbs. like nothing,,he loves my curves. Curves with no meat, does not look right. I'm only 5" 130/135 I like, feel good and look amazing.

For date night my boyfriend took me to an Outdoor Havana Night Cigar event, (lots of smoke) happy it was outdoors. (hard I quick smoking a year 1/2 ago, felt a little out of place, but when the music started, Yes I was on the dance floor. Boyfriend said your GOOD (estas cura). There was music, Cuban food, mojito's, and lots of smoke, met great people. Had a great time.

Good luck with the knee surgery, keep me posted. Let's stay in touch.

Bendiciones para usted y su familia.

Rylopez

Good evening everyone, Today was good day not much pain. Moving much better. Breakfast: coffee, eggs/cheese in spinach wrap. Walked around the flee market with my boyfriend and son. Had late lunch /early dinner at Bone Fish, between the three of us we shared their Bang/Bang Shrimp, I ordered shrimp pad thai ate about 1/3 of it, they make the best martini's in this area, and since we skipped coffee and desert I had my martini. We spend the rest of the afternoon and evening at MetLife, where Jet's had their scrimmage event. It was something different. There I had some coffee. Overall very good day.

I'm back on the "bandwagon" as well. I gained weight after having my 2 kids and having most of my Fluid removed after my first child was born. I finally got the courage to go back and get a fill. I'm focusing on a mostly lower carb diet and drinking ketones supplements. Down 25lbs in 2.5 months!!! I'm making my way back