Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

WLS Blog - Daily Updates...Laughs, Tears, TMI!!

I am jealous that my husband gets to do this first. Ok - jealous isn't the right word. I wish I could break my obsession with fast food and fat sooner than November. I wish I had more willpower. I feel so gross with the food I eat - like a huge whale. I want to be done with eating, eating, eating, eating and thinking about eating, eating, eating, eating. I don't want to crave or want to eat crap food anymore. I need this surgery tool to help me restructure my life.

I wish mine was sooner!!!

Surgery won't fix that for you, sorry.

Obsession with fast food? There are people that leave the hospital and go get a hamburger (and promptly need more surgery or simply die). It's good that you have time to work on your head, preop.

If you "can't" eat a healthy diet preop , then you won't after either. I don't care if you eat a lot of healthy food before surgery, just so you are eating it.

What is healthy? A start is to get rid of anything that has sugar in it or is fried. (It's amazing what these two things will cut out of your diet!)

Do you know how excited I am that I just happened to log in and see your post? I almost had to make sure I was not looking at my own profile. I am also 4'11" and roughly 185 and getting my surgery on 8/18! I am getting the sleeve, though. When I first started this whole thing I wanted to do RNY to reverse the diabetes but...I chickened out.

I am not on the boards very much but I hope to continue to follow you!

I am also proud of you for doing this NOW. I am ten years older and ten years older with this weight has created quite a few medical issues over the years. And it is awesome that your husband is going through the same journey.

How did your hubby's surgery go?

Just an update - my husband's surgery on August 14 went AMAZING! He is down 58 pounds since then and feels great. He has zero regrets and hasn't thrown up or had any dumping whatsoever. I am so proud of him!

My surgery is October 17.

@AHappierMehow did it go?

Hello!!

I had surgery 15 days ago and all is good. The surgery was (thankfully) uneventful. I was released the next day and felt very little pain. I started driving 8 days after surgery and I haven't ever felt any pain. My starting weight was 185 and today I am 172, so 13 pounds in two weeks (which is 21% of the weight I need to lose). The hardest part was the two week Protein liquid stage, after surgery. I have also struggled with drinking Water too fast - which has caused immediate and temporary pain but no vomiting. I have zero hunger and fast food smells are no longer appealing. I had a bite of my son's McDonald's french fries and they tasted like nothing. I have pretty much zero cravings for food now - which is CRAZY. Not feeling psycho hungry is amazing and really relaxing. If you asked me 11 days ago, I would be regretting this decision because I was hating the liquid stage. But I am feeling better - it really does get better.

I got my staples out today and my blood pressure and pulse was significantly better. So that is awesome!

As also an update, my husband had surgery on August 14 and has gone from 348 to 285. He is still losing 5 pounds a week!!

@AHappierMe Congrats on your surgery and your weight loss. So glad you're already seeing improvements in BP and pulse! And OMG, men! (your hub's losses) Can't live with 'em, can't shoot 'em! ;) hahahahaha Mr. Fluffy will lose so easily if he just blinks. My losses are like carrying a 50lb bag of feed uphill, nekkid, barefoot, over hot coals--both ways! ;) *snort*

I'm so hopeful the RNY will help with my hunger. It is truly psycho hunger!

Hello!!! I wanted to provide an update. HAVING THIS SURGERY WAS THE BEST DECISION OF MY LIFE!!!!!

NO, ABSOLUTELY NO NO NO NO NO HUNGER - ever!!! I am FREE to live life and focus on things other than food!!!

I am happy, not anxious anymore - I feel better, I look better, I am just a nicer person all around!!

As of yesterday, I am 161 which is a 24 pound loss in 6 weeks. This means I have 41 more pounds to my ideal weight of 120. I cannot emphasize enough how AMAZING I FEEL!!!! I am a totally new person - completely in control and beyond happy.

Update on my husband, he weighed 268 yesterday - which is a loss of 82 pounds since August 14!! He is still going strong and feeling and looking better.

When we married I was 128 and my husband was 215 (this was 12 years ago). We are moving ever closer to seeing those numbers again. I would do this surgery a million times over -- all the pain and anger and frustration that I felt in the beginning has melted off - just like the fat!

Toodles!

Edited by AHappierMe

So happy and thrilled for you both!!! What an encouraging and awesome report! Thanks for your inspiration!

I weighed in yesterday and I am 153.8. I have lost 31.2 pounds in 2 months (surgery was October 17). I am doing great and super, super happy!! My goal weight is 120 so just 33.8 pounds left to go!!!!