Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Best Tasting Chewable Vitamins

I am almost 4 weeks Post op from Sleeve. At my 3 week follow up, my dr said I could take any over the counter Vitamin I wanted. He said I could swallow them didn't have to be chewable or baractric formulated. I am already taking Biotin and B12 which are dissolvable.

I am throughly confused now and told my dr I was because I had read and been told read Vitamins needed to be chewable. He said just take vitamins didn't matter.

So can someone please help!!! What are the best tasting chewable vitamins to take? Also what type of Calcium? I have heard calcium citrate and also it was ok for plain calcium..

Also, dr put me on Vit D 3 times a week which I have to swallow can't chew it

Thanks in advance for info

I've been taking fusion Bariatric Vitamins in mixed berries and they're pretty good. The tablets are pretty big and you need 4 a day to meet your requirements.

https://bariatricfusion.com/bariatric-vitamins/complete-chewable-vitamin-and-mineral-supplement.html

I take two Flintstones complete Multivitamins. My nutritional bloodwork always comes back within normal limits. They have a fruity flavor and a 3-month supply is about $15.

5 hours ago, faithmel said:

I am almost 4 weeks Post op from Sleeve. At my 3 week follow up, my dr said I could take any over the counter Vitamin I wanted. He said I could swallow them didn't have to be chewable or baractric formulated. I am already taking Biotin and B12 which are dissolvable.

Also, dr put me on Vit D 3 times a week which I have to swallow can't chew it

my problem in the first few weeks wasn't the pill, it was the big gulp of Water to get the pill down with. I stuck with chewables for the first 2 months and after that was able to break a pill in half. I take garden of life brand now. Also, you can get Vitamin D in liquid drops.

26 minutes ago, Introversion said:

I take two Flintstones complete multivitamins. My nutritional bloodwork always comes back within normal limits. They have a fruity flavor and a 3-month supply is about $15.

I have great memories of flintstones Vitamins from when I was a kid. When I ordered a big bottle of the Bariatric Advantage chewable vitamins right before surgery, I assumed they would taste similar to flintstones. ugh, nope.

12 minutes ago, faithmel said:

Can I use gummies?

My nutritionist advised against using gummies - she wrote on my paper "they are not a complete source of vitamins" but said I can use gummies in a pinch as anything is better than nothing.

I've learned by being on here the last couple of months that every doctor and every program are very different. I've also learned I have a pretty strict doctor and program compared to most. Not only did I have a 3-week pre-op diet that consisted of a very strict list of items that is allowed, I have 2 week post op liquid clear only , and then three week liquid diet which includes the Premier Protein shakes . Then two weeks pureed before I introduce solids. I read on here people already eating pureed food after first week . Just showing you how different programs can be .

My doctor has certain Vitamins he wants us to take and they must have certain amounts of certain ingredients. This is to prevent effects later down the road. Like Iron deficiency and other anemias common in bariatric surgery patients. Im a medical coder for hematology and oncology and see this alot in our centers.

I put pictures below what I use but again every doctor is different. I use the Multivitamin pictured below and all other vitamins with BariMelts. I just showed the D3 which I have to take everyday. I also have B12 once a week, Biotin daily, and Calcium three times daily. These are very reasonably priced and I get them on Amazon. Some are 90 days supplies like the multivitamin for $45. Which is pretty good. I do have the calcium citrate chewables as well. I mix and match with my Berimelts.

I was told the same thing about gummies they're really not that great. But if it is all you have I would use them other than nothing. Good luck and blessings on your journey.
1501080680994.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G930V using BariatricPal mobile app